The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software Update for ADAS etc. coming in 60 days for NA.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I was going to say I will go test that, but you already have 😁 It would be bonkers it not. Hanging out of my Defender was an off-road pastime of mine.

This always reminds me of the lead singer of a group from the 90’s called E17 who managed to run himself over whilst leaning out of the drivers door and fell out. Apparently he was being sick, but that was a load of bo**ocks, he was just being clever bugger.

It’s all over Google if you care to look.

I actually thought the UK models didn’t have ADAS at all, until the dealer told me they do on the MY24 models, at least being an early gambler paid off by not having the dreaded system, I have eyes and I can see the speed limit. I don’t need a vehicle to guess it and tell me, they tend to be wrong 50% of the time anyway.

Last edited:

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
This always reminds me of the lead singer of a group from the 90’s called E17 who managed to run himself over whilst leaning out of the drivers door and fell out. Apparently he was being sick, but that was a load of bo**ocks, he was just being clever. H

It’s all over Google if you care to look.

I actually thought the UK models didn’t have ADAS at all, until the dealer told me they do on the MY24 models, at least being a nearly gambler paid off by not having the dreaded system, I have eyes and I can see the speed limit. I don’t need a vehicle to guess it and tell me, they tend to be wrong 50% of the time anyway.
It's why I wanted an early version to ensure less of the nannying tripe

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
On the US spec cars, it’s not possible. That makes me scratch my head more as to why US-spec cars include ADAS which is not a requirement for North America…
Because it’s a revenue generator for vehicle manufacturers. See attached:

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
On the US spec cars, it’s not possible. That makes me scratch my head more as to why US-spec cars include ADAS which is not a requirement for North America…
Ineos had to code it in pretty quickly to comply with the EU directive in time. So, I suspect its a case of focus on that bit first before you start creating multiple versions for different markets.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The way that sounds, you'll still have to go in and turn the LDW off every time

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All we need is a “remember my choices” option.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully you guys get an update that will alleviate your frustrations.

I like the fact that the dealer is sending out emails like that informing everyone that it’s going to be available….great customer service 👍

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, can you get these updates by booking into a service dealer without having any other work done?
Or do you have to wait for the next service, which might not be until July 2025?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Amazing. Shout out to the community for focusing on this and other things to make the Grenadier better.
You're still lurking around? Thought you sold yours? I might be mistaken. Any case, glad you're still around

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
I sold it out of frustration not lack of love! The guy who bought it is selling it so it's likely on its way back home!
Arbitatrage, well play.

TfL got rid of theirs because of the speed warning. Potential US buyers complaining and media bringing up made Ineos realize what's the harm if we change code. Pick up more buyers for few thousand dollar of coding.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Arbitatrage, well play.

TfL got rid of theirs because of the speed warning. Potential US buyers complaining and media bringing up made Ineos realize what's the harm if we change code. Pick up more buyers for few thousand dollar of coding.
They were never going to keep it. They didn't even order it with heated seats... for two reasons.
1. They wanted to complain about the price of the vehicle and it not having heated seats.
2. They never planned on keeping it as a long term tester so there was no need to heated seats just for the spring and summer.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They were never going to keep it.
I would agree with this; their reporting (going all the way back to when they first drove it at the Toronto area event last May) was somewhat lacking in depth, and the purchase seemed more of a "lets buy this and see how it goes". Worst case for the company, it's a tax write off... Additionally, if they noticed how soft the used market is, why hold on to it only for the value to drop more later

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Just watching another Ineos video from "we only just got round to doing a review" YouTube channel. One nugget. The Infotainment system is a "bit laggy" as it's "an older BMW system". I did not know that. Will they ever solve "laggy" 😬

The clicking nonsense is a new EU directive, from the land of pointless BS (I lived in Belgium for 10 years), hence why it's not there in the UK (Brexit folks - but a disaster for many reasons), but got left in the US code.

And wait until the thought police in the EU impose speed limiters on your private cars. Yes, it is coming.

Back
Top Bottom