The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software Update for ADAS etc. coming in 60 days for NA.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Just watching another Ineos video from "we only just got round to doing a review" YouTube channel. One nugget. The Infotainment system is a "bit laggy" as it's "an older BMW system". I did not know that. Will they ever solve "laggy" 😬

The clicking nonsense is a new EU directive, from the land of pointless BS (I lived in Belgium for 10 years), hence why it's not there in the UK (Brexit folks - but a disaster for many reasons), but got left in the US code.

And wait until the thought police in the EU impose speed limiters on your private cars. Yes, it is coming.
Actually the UK has to align with the EU on motoring legislation.
Speed limiters are indeed coming to the EU and UK. In 13 days time.

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Actually the UK has to align with the EU on motoring legislation.
Speed limiters are indeed coming to the EU and UK. In 13 days time.
USA USA USA

I knew I moved here for a reason. Nothing like being controlled. 1984 👀

How to kill an automotive industry and have everyone driving little shit boxes. Buy a Grenadier before the miserable gits ban them, or the orange paint throwing muppets slash your BFGs. If they only realized most of their clothes (polyester, nylon and acrylic) were made from oil (vegans take note - I'm a vegetarian just for the record) and a lot more things in life consume oil other than cars. Maybe we should ban meat. Going to be fun watching the UK elections as an expat from the "land of the free". And yes, we have different problems

Last edited:

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
USA USA USA

How to kill an automotive industry and have everyone driving little shit boxes. Buy a Grenadier before the miserable gits ban them, or the orange paint throwing muppets slash your BFGs. If they only realized most of their clothes (polyester, nylon and acrylic) were made from oil (vegans take note - I'm a vegetarian just for the record) and a lot more things in life consume oil other than cars. Maybe we should ban meat. Going to be fun watching the UK elections as an expat from the "land of the free". And yes, we have different problems
they threw paint on Stonehenge today! FFS! I wish they'd just go away. They aren't helping their terribly misguided cause with stunts attacking irreplaceable, ancient sites and artwork that pre-existed petroleum.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
USA USA USA

Continental Europe has always regarded larger cars as easy tax generators.

For something like an X5, France will charge £50k registration fee, Netherlands £30k, Denmark 180% of the car value (£120k ISH).

Add that to fuel tax of around 70%, you can see the popularity of shitboxes.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just watched the TFL review of the Quartermaster. They ripped Ineos on ADAS and pointed out they would not buy it until there was a fix and indicated that many people feel the same way. They also pointed out that the Grenadier has been out for 8 months and has waited too long to fix the problem. The good news is, that the fix is on the way, the bad news it will require a trip to the dealer.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Arbitatrage, well play.

TfL got rid of theirs because of the speed warning. Potential US buyers complaining and media bringing up made Ineos realize what's the harm if we change code. Pick up more buyers for few thousand dollar of coding.

Impatient and petulant.

Given the whole TFL Grenadier series was sponsored by Magna, I'd bet a portion (if not all) of the purchase price was offset by external funds.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
I've been told in UK dealership that it's £2000 approx for the tow hitch and electrics as I didn't have it
Well my dealer is still not aware of this. asked multipel times about the tow hitch but the answer was always negative. I guess I will ask him again next month....

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Impatient and petulant.

Given the whole TFL Grenadier series was sponsored by Magna, I'd bet a portion (if not all) of the purchase price was offset by external funds.
They were brutal on the Quartermaster.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Impatient and petulant.
Hopefully TFL and the rest of the media outlets on this bandwagon release retractions but I'm afraid they'll largely let it slide.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully TFL and the rest of the media outlets on this bandwagon release retractions but I'm afraid they'll largely let it slide.
Grabby headlines and superfluous wording fills wallets :)

nodric

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just watched the TFL review of the Quartermaster. They ripped Ineos on ADAS and pointed out they would not buy it until there was a fix and indicated that many people feel the same way. They also pointed out that the Grenadier has been out for 8 months and has waited too long to fix the problem. The good news is, that the fix is on the way, the bad news it will require a trip to the dealer.
It's a Sewell thing (my Plano TX dealer), but we do not have to wait to book an appointment. They literally have a drive up and "service my car now" service. They have free loaners (actual Grenadiers) and a nice quiet waiting area. BUT, not equipping it with OTA updates sort of sucks, given the car has wifi and could have connected to home wifi.

Last edited:

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am waiting until the new software drops before taking my truck to the dealership again (Ongoing electrical issues). No need for two visits, and who knows, maybe the new software will fix my issues.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am waiting until the new software drops before taking my truck to the dealership again (Ongoing electrical issues). No need for two visits, and who knows, maybe the new software will fix my issues.
I thought it was still at the dealer since they were sending a rep out?

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought it was still at the dealer since they were sending a rep out?
No, I picked it up after their last fix attempt. When I told them the issue was still there they said they would send out a rep. Once I heard there was a new SW build on the way, I decided to wait versus bringing it back to them next week. Save a trip.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They were never going to keep it. They didn't even order it with heated seats... for two reasons.
1. They wanted to complain about
They were brutal on the Quartermaster.
They equated vale and dollar to a 1 to 1 relationship. I disagree but that is beauty of this world. What is funny is I watched that video and then read about Australia disdain for American trucks that TFL was selling. There is a backlash of American large trucks for being dangerous and to big to drive around town and trail. Here is opinion piece that sent me down the rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom