The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Skid plate for gas tank just became available from rival

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score

I just ordered mine. Eta 12/30

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

I just ordered mine. Eta 12/30
I’m thinking of waiting to see how the OEM gas tank skid plate (or is it just a ‘cradle’?) holds up. I believe Scott Brady (Overland Journal) will have more to tell us about that when he speaks in Moab…

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m thinking of waiting to see how the OEM gas tank skid plate (or is it just a ‘cradle’?) holds up. I believe Scott Brady (Overland Journal) will have more to tell us about that when he speaks in Moab…
It looks pretty light to me, Bill. I wouldn’t want to put the truck’s weight on it.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Please ask Scott if he’s going to record his remarks - can’t be there but would love to hear what he has to say.
Scott’s brief presentation was not recorded, but I have seen a video ‘podcast’ featuring Scott discussing Africa in the Grenadier at length. If I come across the link I will post it here.

PS I have ordered the gas tank skid plate from Rival. Thank you for the insight about the OEM installation.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've personally talked to two people who got punctured gas tanks from twigs and minor branches getting through the gas tank protection. I think this is a really important protection for my peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom