The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Significant Water Under The Truck After Driving

Local time
9:03 PM
Reaction score
I've had my truck for two weeks now. Really loving it. There are certainly some peculiarities but hoping most can be solved with software updates.
One thing that I have noticed is that water accumulates under the car after driving. It's got to be at least a pint. It's hot here in Atlanta so the AC is certainly running but it's way more than I have seen with other cars. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.
Anyone else seeing this?

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've had my truck for two weeks now. Really loving it. There are certainly some peculiarities but hoping most can be solved with software updates.
One thing that I have noticed is that water accumulates under the car after driving. It's got to be at least a pint. It's hot here in Atlanta so the AC is certainly running but it's way more than I have seen with other cars. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything.
Anyone else seeing this?
Yes every day. Appears to be AC condensate BUT I have never owed a vehicle that left such a huge amount of water under it

Jmelliott07

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing this?
Also in Atlanta and seeing it. AC condensation and have to clear the puddle in the garage each morning.

Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
To add as to why it may be a bigger puddle than other cars; my Gren at least seems to operate primarily in non-recirculating mode, sucking in wet outside air constantly. Most other cars seem to spend more time on recirc to speed cooling (max AC).
I hope they address HVAC behavior through software updates, it seems like it's notoriously strangely behaved in manual modes. Having dealt with non-recirculating mode in humid/hot climates, auto becomes a non-starter.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing and I am in S Texas. I’ve noticed it’s certainly more than any of my other vehicles and the only thing I can think of is that the evaporator coil is larger so there is more condensate building up - therefore more water. It does also drain longer, again - with a larger evaporator coil or just a different drain design that is getting all of the water out - I don’t see an issue.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Ah yes, in QLD we get about 15,8L of water per trip pond under vehicle.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
If you have a big drip puddle, then the a/c is doing its job, as is the drainage system. As somebody else mentioned, run your a/c on recirc mode, this will reduce the amount of fresh humid air entering your system. Humid air needs more power to reduce air temp than dry air (latent heat of evaporation), recirc mode will also reduce fuel consumption. The drip under your vehicle is a measure of just how hard your a/c is working.

I live in Cairns, Australia. A coastal city,16.5 deg south of the equator, which gets a lot of humid air from the Coral Sea. Humidity and heat are pretty bad here, but not as bad as Darwin, which is about 12 deg south of equator.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you have a big drip puddle, then the a/c is doing its job, as is the drainage system. As somebody else mentioned, run your a/c on recirc mode, this will reduce the amount of fresh humid air entering your system. Humid air needs more power to reduce air temp than dry air (latent heat of evaporation), recirc mode will also reduce fuel consumption. The drip under your vehicle is a measure of just how hard your a/c is working.

I live in Cairns, Australia. A coastal city,16.5 deg south of the equator, which gets a lot of humid air from the Coral Sea. Humidity and heat are pretty bad here, but not as bad as Darwin, which is about 12 deg south of equator.
Sadly, some of that drainage ends up in the left passenger footwell...

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
Sadly, some of that drainage ends up in the left passenger footwell...
Mine works perfectly, maybe it is due to using recirc, or Ineos noted where mine was going and sorted it before delivery. Actually mine was an early model that spent about 4 months in ”batch and hold”, have had no issues at all.

BigJock2024

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Surely this is a great feature?!?!?!
If this is condensate, it should be clean and pure.
You can bottle it and thereby reduce the amount of fresh water you have to carry when overlanding!!!

😂

Back
Top Bottom