The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
For those who have signed contracts, did they quote an estimated delivery or a timed back-stop?

I'm sure it won't happen, but what would you do if further issues arise and your delivery gets pushed by 6 months for example? Whilst I understand waiting, I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with signing a contract on a new production with no known delivery milestone.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
For those who have signed contracts, did they quote an estimated delivery or a timed back-stop?

I'm sure it won't happen, but what would you do if further issues arise and your delivery gets pushed by 6 months for example? Whilst I understand waiting, I'm not sure how comfortable I feel with signing a contract on a new production with no known delivery milestone.
My contract says that the car will be delivered until first of February. So I am 6 weeks over already. I think 4 1/2 month more are ok for me.
Slowly it’s more about the forum than about the car by now. Wouldn’t know what to do with it anyway. Can’t check the new threads while driving…

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The motoring press tested numerous vehicles two months ago and I don’t recall any comments about issues with quality. Plus those vehicles were UK road legal. That suggests there isn’t anything fundamental and that they are approved for use in the UK. Makes it even harder to understand what is going on. Has anyone suggested to them not to use transport mode if it is the equivalent of pouring a can of coke into the ECU?

The only alternative is a Landcruiser. Amazing vehicle but slow and bland.

I am happy to wait but it would not be hard for Ineos to give us more confidence through communication and making realistic commitments. It is clearly a shambles at present and I am sure they are all having a horrible time dealing with it and reporting to the owner.

Like others, I thought my car went into production in January only to be told that it went in around 2-3 weeks ago. At least I have a chassis number as a result of that. However, I can’t drive a chassis number.

If anyone sees a RHD green Trialmaster with safari windows on a transporter I would love a photo…

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
Let's be objective... When we started following this interesting industrial adventure, with a lot of sentimental component, at least in the early stages, anyone who had a minimal knowledge of what the design and engineering of a non-handcrafted product is, but at the pinnacle of technology and to be produced in tens of thousands, without the risk of being sued for major or minor defects, he knew it wasn't going to be a quick and easy process. I've been following the process since 2016 and wasn't entirely sure it was going to be successful. Now we are in the final stages. Tiring and exasperating but final, since there is a large factory, a sales network, a highly engineered project (it will certainly have defects in this phase, but projects by renowned brands with a long tradition also have them). Basically, we are not dealing with a Tucker case. Something has certainly happened to further slow down deliveries, but I don't think, at this point, that it is something that cannot be resolved in the short term. Should Ineos have declared and explained what is happening? I don't know, but knowing the contemporary world that waits for nothing else but to forever stigmatize a product or a person, for small flaws often proven to be false and without being able to erase that negative idea, Ineos probably does better to keep a little buttoned up. In conclusion, those of us who ordered the Grenadier could not have known that we were not buying a car like any other, albeit an expensive one with great aspirations, so we still walk the last mile with patience...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Software update that is lasting for weeks I believe has to be bullshit. Remember they had 20 vehicles for the PRESS LAUNCH. If they managed 20 vehicles then others should be roadworthy by now.

Local time
Reaction score
I remember back in December last year there was a video/internet conference for the Australian Distributors here in Oz. At that time they were informed that a total of 1000 grenadiers were already produced and parked around the factory awaiting a .....WAIT FOR IT ....software update. That was in December last year.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I remember back in December last year there was a video/internet conference for the Australian Distributors here in Oz. At that time they were informed that a total of 1000 grenadiers were already produced and parked around the factory awaiting a .....WAIT FOR IT ....software update. That was in December last year.
Nearly 4 months later this has to be a major concern. How many vehicles have been produced now? I am told mine is produced, but being checked over and still at Hambach. In fact produced in January. What do we all do - do we keep waiting? I visited my JLR dealer today in Lincoln, UK and no Defenders are available, unless you want a garish green 75th Anniversary edition.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Nearly 4 months later this has to be a major concern. How many vehicles have been produced now? I am told mine is produced, but being checked over and still at Hambach. In fact produced in January. What do we all do - do we keep waiting? I visited my JLR dealer today in Lincoln, UK and no Defenders are available, unless you want a garish green 75th Anniversary edition.
I tell you what would be a major concern. An issue big enough to hold up a release of a product (and revenue for a company) that was allowed to get out to market before being resolved

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I tell you what would be a major concern. An issue big enough to hold up a release of a product (and revenue for a company) that was allowed to get out to market before being resolved
True - that would kill it. Therefore, they should have delayed the expectations, promising a product in my case as far back as October was a huge mistake. It would have been better to have marketed it promising a later delivery date and delivering earlier. The technique used has about destroyed my patience, so I am looking elsewhere and hoping it can be delivered as many other are. Fingers crossed good news soon.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Software update that is lasting for weeks I believe has to be bullshit. Remember they had 20 vehicles for the PRESS LAUNCH. If they managed 20 vehicles, then others should be roadworthy by now.
I said weeks ago this wasn't just software and I'm nearly certain it isn't now, silence as witness: -if it was just software, they would have already resolved it (probably a full circuit/controller unit replacement/s somewhere that also requires a full software revision might make sense). I have not received any IA email on the vehicle for my personal order... I can't recall but since making the 'order confirmation', IA have actually sent me nothing relating to my personal order except a confirmation of the order.

The only communication I've had regarding my order was up to the 16th Dec when I finalised the 'last changes' and that was through the local IA dealer SLRV (SLRV by the way have been very good and communicated well for the final changes - but I am not going to bother them as they won't have any other information to provide as IA are 'MIA' via HQ). As for anything from IA regarding my own personal order, zero.

August... slipping... slowly...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I blame Russia for disrupting Ukrainian supply lines and Asian countries for the seed and stink bug issues plaguing downunder deliveries.
Oh and covid of course!
What else? La Nina, giant reptiles?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stu Help!

I think a promotional tool is needed for this thread and I am thinking of a hula-hoop The Grenadier Hula-Hoop...and we can see how many times we can get it to go round and round until we have our vehicles...there are a few that have had a head start...sick and tired of the wailing while waiting...hopefully you will enjoy your car as much as you enjoy this thread.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I blame Russia for disrupting Ukrainian supply lines and Asian countries for the seed and stink bug issues plaguing downunder deliveries.
Oh and covid of course!
What else? La Nina, giant reptiles?
I had a witty comment but remembered the new rules about 'politics' and didn't want to offend the "Woke" brigade!!!
But I will add this: I blame the lack of honesty of business in general and this isnt just aimed at Ineos - if you make a mistake or hide information for the benefit only of your own position: then you must fall on your sword and pride and admit when you are wrong. Something business lacks these days... integrity & honesty!!! It is a little sad when you put one company in the same boat as Facebook for integrity... or at least heading that way!

Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you but there’s a conflict between radio silence on order holders and proactively going after new customers. It makes no sense pissing off the early adopters to chase new ones. The equity on the IA story they’ve built up with the likes of us is a marketing directors wet dream and they’ve missed an open goal on communication. I’d hazard to say that the majority of Gren customers have considerable life experience, deep mechanical sympathy and understand the huge challenges in bring the Grenadier to market.

irrespective of the real reason for the delay, I for one would enjoy the intellectual challenge of understanding it, and chew over any hypotheses to resolve it….

My Gren arrived at the dealer one month ago today and has sat there unfettled ever since. I can only imagine how lonely it is.
Well that really sucks for you and others in the same boat. I feel for you folks.

During what should be a joyous and exciting time it seems like - from where I'm viewing - you're getting the raspberry. And as an early bird, you surely don't deserve it.

In your shoes ... prob wait it out, you're so close (but no guarantees). Tough to be treated like a sidewalk tho. And to give money to an outfit if you feel you've been/are being played.

And I say IF because I've read a spectrum of sentiment here on the delay subject.

I do like the angle that IA has early adopters by the short hairs because the initial one time lower price. Kinda flipped it back to the enthusiast, preying on base greed (or so they hope). "had yer gob, you're no better than us, sinner"

I will say, IMO, this roll out doesn't bod well for the "forever car" notion - like this is going to be the only Company mess up affecting your car for the rest of time.

I do hope it gets sorted for y'all soon. 🙏

Me, I'll wait 'til end June (this year !). If they miss the NA price announce or it's from Mars, then that's my get out of jail card !

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I vote we close this thread as it will be embarrassing if we were ever to reach 100 pages or 2000 posts.

I've personally spent too much time reading messages from this single thread to be none the wiser and to feel grumpier. I think we should all do @DaveB, take a timeout and come back once first customer deliveries have commenced and reviews start flowing in.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stu Help!

I think a promotional tool is needed for this thread and I am thinking of a hula-hoop The Grenadier Hula-Hoop...and we can see how many times we can get it to go round and round until we have our vehicles...there are a few that have had a head start...sick and tired of the wailing while waiting...hopefully you will enjoy your car as much as you enjoy this thread.
I agree but it is interesting to read how many different ways people can say the same thing over and over with no backing to their point...no quotes, just...I heard that bla bla bla.
I vote we close this thread as it will be embarrassing if we were ever to reach 100 pages or 2000 posts.

I've personally spent too much time reading messages from this single thread to be none the wiser and to feel grumpier. I think we should all do @DaveB, take a timeout and come back once first customer deliveries have commenced and reviews start flowing in.
I still think my hula hoop will spin out of control until...
first customer deliveries have commenced and reviews start flowing in.

Back
Top Bottom