The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
Was again at my dealer ...
  • No manuals
  • 21 cars delivered and expecting more
  • Are "testing" the software updates, car by car
  • Not every car has the same problems!!!!! :eek: :mad::sick:
  • No official Belgian registration papers yet (needed for registration and insurance)
  • No deliveries yet
  • conclusion ... no news!

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
  • No manuals
  • No official Belgian registration papers yet (needed for registration and insurance)
  • No deliveries yet

First service must be coming up soon for your Grenadier Jean, 6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first... ;)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Hmmmm another media vid - and another broken promise from the new CEO/GM who said an update was due (been a few days late now me thinks!).
In this latest bulletin, Lynn talks to you from the production facility in Hambach where the Grenadier is being built. She shares the latest on the final stages of Grenadier production and how meeting the highest quality standards remains our top priority. Plus, some exciting Grenadier news to look out for in the coming weeks.

The above is from when Lynn spoke with regard to production and it mentioned some exciting news, that was the reviews, so what broken promise can you find written or spoken that you can share with us who are sick of waiting apparently?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Been informed that your own portal/account may never match up to the dealer system by a dealer.

They say the software we probably ordered on isn’t the same as what they are using now and the two may never match up.

True or not ? I don’t know but it’s what I was told.

I was also told via email mine was in production or had already been built, currently it’s now neither and in “pre-Production”. I.E not built yet. Told that from the same place as well.
Ah Ha!! The spirit of Schrödinger lives! There are two doors at Hambach... and your vehicle might be behind one, or both, or ....neither!🐈🐈‍⬛

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
In this latest bulletin, Lynn talks to you from the production facility in Hambach where the Grenadier is being built. She shares the latest on the final stages of Grenadier production and how meeting the highest quality standards remains our top priority. Plus, some exciting Grenadier news to look out for in the coming weeks.

The above is from when Lynn spoke with regard to production and it mentioned some exciting news, that was the reviews, so what broken promise can you find written or spoken that you can share with us who are sick of waiting apparently?
No update as promised (2 weeks) from statement. Now 1 week late am I right? What news do they have for us - more media hype and not much regarding the order/manufacturer and status of the fix to delays. Just saying. They said they would be in touch with all of us, as it was important that they kept us informed...

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
  • No manuals
  • No deliveries yet
That's ... concerning. If it's still that easy to find different faults on a sample size of 21 after the latest update it will be much worse in the field and in daily use. Statistics are a bitch
Hopefully the problems could just be related to the update procedure itself and not the Target SW Version then I guess some poor Engineers just have to run around handling the updates manually or at least support the dealers via phone in getting the cars into a programmable state

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  • No manuals
  • No deliveries yet
Thank you.

Clear, concise and factual. 👏

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I apologise If some of my earlier gripes have pissed some people off. Here’s a fair summation of the current situation:

The guy I spoke to at Ineos earlier in the week was pretty helpful. The issues are largely caused by the communication between various parts of the IA company. It seems that the IT systems they use aren’t currently able to communicate with one another. I was assured that they are working on it, I believe that he was a part of that process, and was also partly responsible with improving communication with the dealers. Its good to know that this is being worked on. Once this is refined I think the customer experience will be much better. I now have a much clearer idea as to when mine might arrive which is all I wanted. I can now go out and buy that new excavator that I needed knowing that it will be all done and dusted before the Grenadier arrives. It was the not knowing that was the main issue. I suspect that they have been reluctant to give out indicative dates in case there were further delays which would have upset people even more.

Could they have done better? Yes. Should all this have been sorted out earlier in the process? Yes. But they seem to be getting somewhere now. They seem happy to let customers know that cars will be in customers hands 8 weeks after production starts which implied that they have some confidence in this. So once you‘re in production you have a pretty good idea on delivery. Its knowing when you’ll be in production thats the issue at the moment.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I apologise If some of my earlier gripes have pissed some people off. Here’s a fair summation of the current situation:

The guy I spoke to at Ineos earlier in the week was pretty helpful. The issues are largely caused by the communication between various parts of the IA company. It seems that the IT systems they use aren’t currently able to communicate with one another. I was assured that they are working on it, I believe that he was a part of that process, and was also partly responsible with improving communication with the dealers. Its good to know that this is being worked on. Once this is refined I think the customer experience will be much better. I now have a much clearer idea as to when mine might arrive which is all I wanted. I can now go out and buy that new excavator that I needed knowing that it will be all done and dusted before the Grenadier arrives. It was the not knowing that was the main issue. I suspect that they have been reluctant to give out indicative dates in case there were further delays which would have upset people even more.

Could they have done better? Yes. Should all this have been sorted out earlier in the process? Yes. But they seem to be getting somewhere now. They seem happy to let customers know that cars will be in customers hands 8 weeks after production starts which implied that they have some confidence in this. So once you‘re in production you have a pretty good idea on delivery. Its knowing when you’ll be in production thats the issue at the moment.
Testing IT systems should have been done during PT02 test driving - over a year to get something working. This would have come up earlier in testing... to find out after cars hit the dealers' floors is odd.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Testing IT systems should have been done during PT02 test driving - over a year to get something working. This would have come up earlier in testing... to find out after cars hit the dealers' floors is odd.
Unless it is something to do with implementing transport mode, or disengaging transport mode?

Back
Top Bottom