The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
Exactly which bit of the contract have they breached?
I wouldn't touch that new ranger v6 diesel with a barge pole until I was 100% convinced it has had the crank snapping issue remedied. Land rover had years to solve it and never did, just kept putting it in newer and newer cars.

Surely you boys down under would go Toyota before Ford?

Or sure about the V6 diesel and don’t really care. The Ranger Raptor is a V6 petrol so you are right, I wouldn’t have another diesel if I am honest now

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly which bit of the contract have they breached?

I am no lawyer or contract expert but -ossibly the bit where about the dealer will tell me when it will be here, and either can’t or it keeps changing.

However I do know someone who is an expert and will pick the contract apart and tell me yes or no.

I will be honest and say I think they would just give me the money back so they can sell it to someone else at full price.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
The new Ranger with the 3.0TD is a damn good ride (180kW+ and 600nm) - if you can get your hands on one. The AMAROK has the same drive chain but 'VW servicing' is not the best! I am looking at options that allow me to tow something for about 12,000km and isn't a V8 fuel hog.

Just the same dumb IA lies going around from dealer to dealer telling porkies about customer timeframes. We have work, lives, things to do which require a level of honesty and partial accuracy. I was told in Dec build date was March (amended up from Jan).
I was then told in March it would be April build date.
I was told at the end of April it was in production... ok we are on track.
I was told two days ago that the build date might be the end of June... and it was not actually in production previously.
Good luck to us all - I think we are just a testing ground for 'how much will people accept before cracking it'..
@trobex : My humble suggestion is to escalate your dissatisfaction directly to Ineos Australia head office.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Is it not possible that all those ’facts’ were believed to be true at the time they were said? In my view you’re confusing misinformation with disinformation.

To be clear, your frustration is totally reasonable. But where you land on “presently unreliable” versus “demonstrably deceptive” would surely be the difference between keeping your order or not?

I mean, why would you reward a pack of liars with your hard-earned?
I am confident I could flip it and make bank and I'm a transactional person if things are not what please me. No other reason right now as I am very unconvinced at present.
EDIT: Unsure what you mean by facts. If a dealer rings me or I them... and these events happen... its fact. Unsure what else you mean but those are the dates I have been told at each 'stage of change'. And, I am not the only one now in Oz this has happened to.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am no lawyer or contract expert but possibly the bit where about the dealer will tell me when it will be here, and either can’t or it keeps changing.
They'll probably claim "force majeure" stating supplier problems and issues brought about because of the war in Ukraine. Unless the contract was signed post invasion!

Local time
Reaction score
I'm starting to waiver and have been going back & forth on whether to pull the pin and revisit in a year or so. One too many reports of issues or just a simple lack of basic vehicle info for owners, even dealers are left in the dark - and there's the big question of parts availability near term especially here in Oz. If the company's communication wasn't so appalling I might have some faith but it's all pointing to an ongoing shit show. Poor customer service and keeping customers at arms length will likely be the way things continue so no different to dealing with the likes of Toyota, JLR, Jeep, Ford etc. I'm on the new pricing so probably more sensitive to it all. If it'd cost me AU$110k not $125 I'd consider it a bargain and be more willing to let things slide which I sense is the attitude with some early adopters, they know it was 'cheap' so more forgiving. Hopefully some Oz deliveries happen before my contract turns up. If there's similar reports of issues as in the UK I will cancel and maybe revisit down the track.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I am going to ring the dealer today, as I have already had this run around. Since then I have again been told my car is in production and then issued a VIN, by the dealer, and told not long. If I get the same thing now saying it’s not actually in production and will be going into production on the 32nd. Of Julember as seems to be the date Ineos always work to, then I am going to demand my money back or inform them I will sue for breach,of contract.

I will then proceed with a new Ford Ranger Raptor.

I am not sick of waiting any more. I am sick of having the piss taken out of me tbh.

Well I have spoken to the dealer who I have always got on with and found to be pretty honest and hasn’t given me any BS to my knowledge.

He says my vehicle will be delivered week commencing the 5th of June, so hopefully in my hands at the end of that week.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what's Sir Ed's relationship to all this?
My joke was that getting his Grenadier has become Trobex’s Everest.

It’s a kind of notorious* misattribution that when asked why he climbed Everest, Hillary stated ”because it’s there”.
Tazzie responded with Hillary’s actual words.

Which means both of us are quite witty and well-read, and not at all that we’re dicks.

*notorious because the climber that actually said it (Mallory) died on his summit attempt.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am going to ring the dealer today, as I have already had this run around. Since then I have again been told my car is in production and then issued a VIN, by the dealer, and told not long. If I get the same thing now saying it’s not actually in production and will be going into production on the 32nd. Of Julember as seems to be the date Ineos always work to, then I am going to demand my money back or inform them I will sue for breach,of contract.

I will then proceed with a new Ford Ranger Raptor.

I am not sick of waiting any more. I am sick of having the piss taken out of me tbh.
Well you won't be unhappy with the Raptor, particularly with how well it handles. I've had my gen 1, Ranger Raptor, 2.0lt diesel for exactly a year (a year today actually), done 30000km trouble free. Bloody awesome. The suspension is wicked good, the gen 2 even better apparently.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm starting to waiver and have been going back & forth on whether to pull the pin and revisit in a year or so. One too many reports of issues or just a simple lack of basic vehicle info for owners, even dealers are left in the dark - and there's the big question of parts availability near term especially here in Oz. If the company's communication wasn't so appalling I might have some faith but it's all pointing to an ongoing shit show. Poor customer service and keeping customers at arms length will likely be the way things continue so no different to dealing with the likes of Toyota, JLR, Jeep, Ford etc. I'm on the new pricing so probably more sensitive to it all. If it'd cost me AU$110k not $125 I'd consider it a bargain and be more willing to let things slide which I sense is the attitude with some early adopters, they know it was 'cheap' so more forgiving. Hopefully some Oz deliveries happen before my contract turns up. If there's similar reports of issues as in the UK I will cancel and maybe revisit down the track.
Except in a year or two the price will be $135, not $125.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You have to be clever to keep up with this lot. 😂
Indeed one does... and "roped in" apparently! 😉
I've formed the opinion that Globalgregors and Tazzie are not 'clever dicks' but "intellectually gifted" in the nicest possible way!(y)
Indeed a recent report from another microscope -peering genius in a Qld lab has given me the confidence to continue on my bucket list quest to take a Grenadier on a long trip... for which I am very grateful!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We are all @trobex, and sick of waiting

This image may contain Nature Mountain Peak Outdoors Mountain Range Human Person Snow Ice Sport and Sports

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just noticed that it is two days and a year since my order was placed. Initially suggesting an October delivery......
Of course they didn't say which October.

Sick of Waiting.

A

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We are all @trobex, and sick of waiting

This image may contain Nature Mountain Peak Outdoors Mountain Range Human Person Snow Ice Sport and Sports

I have seen this photo or similar ones before. When I realised that it wasn’t a joke and there really is a queue now to summit, I was gobsmacked. Sort of knocks the adventure out of it, even though I know it’s still one hell of a dangerous place to be.

From those photos it really does look like you could put your wellies on and a warm jumper and just march off to the top. Not for me I’m afraid.

Back
Top Bottom