The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
When my boys and I went to visit our incarcerated Gren yesterday we played with the interface. One thing we didn’t press was the Ineos icon on the screen.
I’ve circled it so anyone know what it does?

it may have been in the handbook but I can’t recall seeing anything.
That takes you back to the "home screen" at least that's how it works on my other cars.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 PM
Reaction score
You mean like this?
I got some very special gifts with it.
An umbrella my wife stole immediately, a yacht club membership but I don't yacht, two baseball caps but I also don't play baseball, and a bottle of bubbly that I was able to make use of

View attachment 7807970View attachment 7807971
View attachment 7807972View attachment 7807973
Imagine what you’d have got if you’d bought a brand new one ☝🏻

That sort of thing should be reserved for young girls buying their first new car - mazda 3 or similar. Although BMW did it for the brides’ X3. Her bubbles were Pol Roger though 😂

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
Excellent, finally another email from IA - what good news is in store, a contract to sign, or perhaps vehicle is in production, or Sir Jim would like to hand me the keys to my Grenny personally and is willing to travel.

NO - just that I need pay £30 more tax when I eventually receive an invoice!

STarting to think I should book an extended walking holiday like Tazzie and play it 'out of sight, out of mind'!
My holiday is booked, but requires the GREN, dilemma is what to buy in the meantime as I think my GREN is end of year now - hopeless!!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Imagine what you’d have got if you’d bought a brand new one ☝🏻
We bought a new MB GLC in 2017 and got nothing, except the black polyester reveal and crap service thereafter.
Dave's dealer must have been desperate to shift some used stock :D

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We bought a new MB GLC in 2017 and got nothing, except the black polyester reveal and crap service thereafter.
Dave's dealer must have been desperate to shift some used stock :D
Haha! Sounds like buying a 2nd hand Toyota on the Gold Coast. DPFs apparently were never an issue!!!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Haha! Sounds like buying a 2nd hand Toyota on the Gold Coast. DPFs apparently were never an issue!!!
I have always assumed buying anything on the Gold Coast would be running the risk of shonkiness

Attachments

• Bill.jpg
    Bill.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 14

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think CSR refers to us and how difficult we can be at times...
CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Challenges = off-topic diversions that HR will want to enlist you for.
Knowing Sir Jim’s interests, I’d be guessing footballs/bicycles/yachts/racecars for the underprivileged.
Perhaps he runs a soup kitchen on the Boulevard des Moulins?

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
Wise
A yacht is but a vessel for pouring money into.
My tax accountant once told me a secret trick how to make a small fortune with a yacht.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
you can make a small fortune with yachts.

if you had a big one before

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sick of waiting ...
My question:
  • a delivery yesterday in Germany
  • a delivery the day before yesterday in the UK
  • Tomorrow none, Saturday
  • on Sunday none: Easter
  • on Monday: Easter Monday, therefore none
I hope mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and @Ever Pragmatic the day after (yes, not one day before me 🤪 ) otherwise, at one car per day, I will have to wait forever :mad:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sick of waiting ...
My question:
  • a delivery yesterday in Germany
  • a delivery the day before yesterday in the UK
  • Tomorrow none, Saturday
  • on Sunday none: Easter
  • on Monday: Easter Monday, therefore none
I hope mine on Tuesday or Wednesday and @Ever Pragmatic the day after (yes, not one day before me 🤪 ) otherwise, at one car per day, I will have to wait forever :mad:
Cheers to that thought.… I could have spent a splendid Good Friday fettling it and working out how to move the rear seats back…. Bah, even though my software update has been done, it still needs brakes pipes…. At this rate, May could be the month…..! So sick of waiting, will have to endure like everyone else.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cheers to that thought.… I could have spent a splendid Good Friday fettling it and working out how to move the rear seats back…. Bah, even though my software update has been done, it still needs brakes pipes…. At this rate, May could be the month…..! So sick of waiting, will have to endure like everyone else.
I was joking of course, and you are lucky, apparently they tell you what they are waiting for ... the pipes. And I don't mind if you get your car first, really.
I only got as an answer: software update. Soon ... soon ... first another car (at the dealer), than perhaps yours. (I can agree with the other car, perhaps a VIP?).
I felt some anger the last time I visited my dealer, "you again" or "you again who dared to dismount a piece of panel" ... I don't know, but I did it at my "almost own" car!
I am quite disappointed about Ineos and their communication. I hope the car will be quite OK, although I am aware we "the early guys" are Guinea Pigs.

Back
Top Bottom