The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
To preserve my sanity I’ve stopped to continuous checking of emails in search of the elusive contract and backed away from social media.
Was told in Nov it was imminent and still no sign of it.
Will be interested to see what Lynn’s “ more personalised” correspondence will look like if/when it arrives.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree. When they are ringing telling me the vehicle is there ready to be picked up and I have been to look at it and confirm they are right and it’s the right spec etc, then and only then will I release the money. For the sake of getting into a situation, then I can live with an extra two days.
Yep walk in with a bank cheque with balance and swap for keys and paperwork.

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
I received an e mail last night saying:-
Just sending you a quick email to let you know that the production update has not been received just yet.
Usually we receive it every two weeks, but this time it's taking a little bit longer.
I will aim to get in contact with you early/mid week commencing 3rd April to let you know if we've had the latest update.
Thank you for your patience.

My order time frame is / was:-
Deposit 39/09/2021
Ordered 18/05/2022
Contract signed 23/02/2023
Original last delivery quoted around November 2022.
I have been told it’s been in build since the start of the month.
Presumably the e mail was so they can say “we are working around the clock to get your vehicle to you” 😁😳🙄
How does my time frame fit in with the rest of you boys and girls?
Thanks
Richard

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just sending you a quick email to let you know that the production update has not been received just yet.
Usually we receive it every two weeks, but this time it's taking a little bit longer.
I will aim to get in contact with you early/mid week commencing 3rd April to let you know if we've had the latest update.

Deposit 39/09/2021
Ordered 18/05/2022
Presumably the e mail was so they can say “we are working around the clock to get your vehicle to you” 😁😳🙄
Thanks
Richard
I was told by my local agent that my car went into production on the 15th March. I got an official "Your Grenadier is in production" email from INEOS on the 29th March. So my car has been in production for nearly 3 weeks. I'm hoping to get an "In Transit" notification soon. Whether this will be from my local agent or INEOS remains to be seen.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So while we all eagerly await news of actual customer handovers in the next few days, do we have any more information of Ineos' policy regarding for instance:
* Complimentary 5 Day Initial Purchaser Comprehensive Insurance Cover
* 3/5 Years AA/RAC/Greenflag Roadside Assistance (or equivalent in other markets)
I'm sure I saw an Ineos promo saying it had roadside assistance provided by one of our partners BUT I can't find anything now. Had a nagging feeling the break down cover was for only 3 years. And their manual, before it was withdrawn, makes no mention of it. So I am now begin to wonder. Fortunately my insurance has limited breakdown cover FOC. In addition if I'm towing my horse insurance covers that.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure I saw an Ineos promo saying it had roadside assistance provided by one of our partners BUT I can't find anything now. Had a nagging feeling the break down cover was for only 3 years. And their manual, before it was withdrawn, makes no mention of it. So I am now begin to wonder. Fortunately my insurance has limited breakdown cover FOC. In addition if I'm towing my horse insurance covers that.
I would hope for the money and a new car that roadside assistance would be included. When I bought my last new car the 5 day complimentary insurance was a godsend and enabled me not to have to worry about this on the day of collection.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think bemax must get some honourary recognition for starting such a prolific thread. Some official forum merchandise!

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Deposit 39/09/2021
Ordered 18/05/2022
Thanks
Richard
Same deposit/order/contract signed dates as you but I got my “in production” email on 14th Feb. so before my contract. Also I asked IA for my VIN and they gave me that on 24th March.

Haven’t heard of anyone getting the customer portal updated to in transit or whatever they call it but stand to be corrected. Seems the agent gets notified of the shipment; or sometimes they don’t and vehicles turn up unannounced🤣. Or as happened to my agent they got notified a vehicle had been delivered when it hadn’t and they scoured their sister dealerships (Ford, Nissan, MG…..) looking for it before IA admitted it was an admin mistake and it was still at Hambach🤣🤣

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same deposit/order/contract signed dates as you but I got my “in production” email on 14th Feb. so before my contract. Also I asked IA for my VIN and they gave me that on 24th March.

Haven’t heard of anyone getting the customer portal updated to in transit or whatever they call it but stand to be corrected. Seems the agent gets notified of the shipment; or sometimes they don’t and vehicles turn up unannounced🤣. Or as happened to my agent they got notified a vehicle had been delivered when it hadn’t and they scoured their sister dealerships (Ford, Nissan, MG…..) looking for it before IA admitted it was an admin mistake and it was still at Hambach🤣🤣
Maybe I should change my forum name from “will I like it” to “will I remember I ordered it”
I just hope I like it after the wait - no idea what I will do as I got rid of a commercial defender 110 - threw a couple of software issues, cracked a screen and I threw wobbly at my lad for carrying cement - to many places for the dust - sold for same as I paid and got the balance of the road tax plus went back with an empty tank 😁
Got rid of a VW transporter sport - slow, noisy, gobbled more fuel than the Defender - 100 horse less and 1 litre smaller engine.
That’s enough whinging for the day!

Last edited:

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score

Deposit 39/09/2021
Ordered 18/05/2022
Thanks
Richard
That’s where you went wrong you put the deposit down on the 39 august, august only has 38 days 🤪🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom