The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Sellers and service Melbourne Australia. Who will it be

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
Thanks
What about breakdown stuff?

Good question. Some of the responses after your question go some way to respond to this. (all, pls excuse my lengthy response below, hopefully it will be of assistance to Peterg19 and others, plus it’s a topic I enjoy).

Any vehicle from any manufacturer will have an issue when you least expect it. On the link myself and DaveB provided it references a few of the items Ineos is providing to get people back on the road again, including ‘flying spanners’. Though I‘d be interested to see how much $$ this is and if vehicle insurance covers it for truely remote.

If you take Bushguide‘s @Bushguide definition of Outback as the pale country on the map, which is quite an efficient definition, anything in there you are on your own, no matter the vehicle manufacturer. It then turns into a communication discussion if travelling vehicle solo (there is a very good thread on this forum discussing communication options. Link provided below).

Thread 'Radio, Satellite, and Adventure Communications'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/radio-satellite-and-adventure-communications.12410554/

I was passing through Birdsville one time and met a group of people at the Birdsville pub. They had been in Birdsville for the preceding week (very bored) waiting for suspension parts to be flown in for one of their vehicles (a very expensive exercise). The vehicle was a Toyota. They were very well prepared, two vehicles and one of the party was a mechanic by trade. They went into the northern Simpson Desert and the vehicle had multiple failures and they limped back.

(overseas forum members: Birdsville is a small ‘town’ on the eastern edge of the Simpson desert).

Am I concerned about Grenadier breakdowns in the outback, no.

Servicing at non-Ineos centres: I’ve had my Disco3 serviced very well in Alice Springs, Broome, and Cairns where there were no Land Rover dealers (on a side note, my Disco3 was a manual transmission, diesel, with coil springs. That thing was amazing). @Bushguide has raised a few times the very good point of IA dealerships in remote locations. Les’ points are spot on, as this impacts people that live and work remotely that need access to dealers and IA service centres for more than an oil change. If you take the gas fields outside Innaminka, the mines in the Pilbara and western deserts, the remote stations that are 1 million square km. Many of those people though can fix a vehicle in a pinch, all they need is the parts. I once could get an engine up and running with a tool kit and tape. Those days are dead unfortunetly with the rise of software. I see the biggest risk in any vehicle as being the engine. Way to much software and sensors to go wrong, but that‘s another thread :)

If you are still reading this thank you, I hope you found my ramblings of interest. There is a wealth of knowledge and experiance on this forum, I hope my occasional contributions are of benefit to all. btw happy Xmas all, I still visit this forum multiple times a day.

(Edit: I have heard of people travelling remote now with devices to clear engine error codes to get the vehicle up and running again)

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Way to much software and sensors to go wrong,

(Edit: I have heard of people travelling remote now with devices to clear engine error codes to get the vehicle up and running again)
Hopefully the Grenadier ethos (way less sensors and more mechanical bits) will help it fail in the safest way possible.
And I believe an OBD tool is part of a modern 4x4/SUV toolbox.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found this rather amusing on a walk this morning, and considering the discussion in this thread I thought I’d share.

Spotted today, Toyota Landcruiser in outer Sydney awaiting assistance. I have no idea where the spare wheel is, but I’m assuming they weren’t carrying one, it’s a different size, or that’s flat as well.

5F891EC4-0201-45AE-A826-78D17629417E.jpeg

(Edit: Yes, that is sun and no snow on the ground. Australian Christmas)

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm.... 45 series tyres on (ugly) 22" rims... ON A LANDCRUISER??? probably hit a pothole . I could indulge in a little schadenfreude but being still close to the good will of Christmas I shall simply comment "Well: that's interesting !":rolleyes:..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I found this rather amusing on a walk this morning, and considering the discussion in this thread I thought I’d share.

Spotted today, Toyota Landcruiser in outer Sydney awaiting assistance. I have no idea where the spare wheel is, but I’m assuming they weren’t carrying one, it’s a different size, or that’s flat as well.

View attachment 7798754

(Edit: Yes, that is sun and no snow on the ground. Australian Christmas)
Or they have medical condition/age that doesn’t allow them to change it themselves
Since I had both my knees replaced I have a great deal of difficulty kneeling down, squatting etc

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Or they have medical condition/age that doesn’t allow them to change it themselves
Since I had both my knees replaced I have a great deal of difficulty kneeling down, squatting etc
True! Fair point!
I guess my 'beef' is that fitting such low profile tyres to a 2+ tonne vehicle is unduly increasing the risk of damage....

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While waiting they were skateboarding nearby (age 40+) and I’d be happy to have their physique.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Depending on what scene you're in, this rim and tyre combination is cool. Check out Kim's new Range Rover!
No, not Jong-un, but Kardashian.
Don't worry, I'm not like that. I don't like it at all!

Last edited:

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Who are the sellers going to be in Australia?
What kind of service support will I get in Outback Australia?
That’s why I originally bought a Toyota
Outback support
Brighton Automotive are the Melbourne metro agents. They are setting up shop on the corner or Booran & Glen Huntley Roads.

Attachments

• FE224575-9D0A-47A9-9239-818B27AA18EB.jpeg
    FE224575-9D0A-47A9-9239-818B27AA18EB.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 27
  • A233836F-43D4-4919-8AC5-6FAADEBC48A0.jpeg
    A233836F-43D4-4919-8AC5-6FAADEBC48A0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • E641D571-85AE-491A-98B8-C52E58A4A1D8.jpeg
    E641D571-85AE-491A-98B8-C52E58A4A1D8.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
The Grenadier dealer support won’t be much different from Landrovers over the last 30 years which has been pretty lack lustre. Forces you to be independent and resourceful.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What was the topic? “Oops”seems to cover a multitude of things.

Great house Dave, shame as a Grenadier would look good parked outside that place.

Bin chickens made me laugh. It reminds me of the national bird of South Africa….the fly !!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Great house Dave, shame as a Grenadier would look good parked outside that place.

Bin chickens made me laugh. It reminds me of the national bird of South Africa….the fly !!
@Shaky , You're right about that. I was also unsure where to post that my Grenadier is in production. This is where Dave started. That's why I stayed here first. But then there was Into production, where it would have fitted better. So I gave a short notice there too.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Original title was Yeehaaa! My Grenadier is on the way

Back
Top Bottom