The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safari Roof Shades

LAdrummer

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
I ordered sun shades for the Safari windows from a seller on Amazon for $29.99. Turns out they are complete crap, cheap and flimsy. They arrived folded into quarters and stuffed into a plastic bag leaving permanent creases in the panels. Needless to say, I am in the process of returning them.
Grenadiers, avoid this Chinese seller and their poorly made sun shades:

Tumukiw Car Sunroof Sun Shade Compatible with INEOS Grenadier 2020-2024, Foldable Glass Roof Sunshade Blocks 99% UV Rays and Keep Cool Auto Accessories
https://a.co/d/0hKqWQ7U

Attachments

• IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    803.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 AM
Reaction score
I ordered sun shades for the Safari windows from a seller on Amazon for $29. Turns out they are complete crap, cheap and flimsy. Needless to say, I am in the process of returning them.
Grenadiers, avoid this Chinese seller and their poorly made sun shades:

Tumukiw Car Sunroof Sun Shade Compatible with INEOS Grenadier 2020-2024, Foldable Glass Roof Sunshade Blocks 99% UV Rays and Keep Cool Auto Accessories
https://a.co/d/0hKqWQ7U
Thank you for the "heads" up!

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered sunroof shades from Snap Shades that someone in another thread mentioned:

They’re mesh, so won’t block all sunlight/heat. I’ll report back on fit and quality when I get them.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered sunroof shades from Snap Shades that someone in another thread mentioned:

They’re mesh, so won’t block all sunlight/heat. I’ll report back on fit and quality when I get them.
These look very nice and while they are probably more functional than my 12"x19" suction cup shades for $12 from Amazon, I'm not able to justify $85 US prior to shipping. Going to have to wait for more aftermarket options. Look forward to hearing your review anyway and perhaps you will be able to convince me ;)

Reactions: PBD

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score

I installed the Snap shades today and am pleased. They block the right amount of sun and look good.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do they actually install? It said clips but I’m curious how that works

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jiman01 , the clips have magnets on them and are mounted with 3M VHB on the safari roof trim. The shades have four embedded magnets so they stick to the clips. @Shale Rider posted excellent pictures in the tint thread: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/safari-window-tints.12415871/post-1333283186

I finally got the Snap Shades installed and I like them. I wanted a mesh screen to still let some light in. They’re like the screens on the LR4 and D2 sunroofs.

Quality is good, however the fit was a little tight on mine, which warps the frame a bit. Maybe it was designed this way to make them tight, but I’d prefer it a tad smaller. The cutout for the latch doesn’t quite clear the latch so I ended up mounting the screen a bit lower than I wanted. You can see the screen is a bit warped in the picture. Maybe they’ll relax over time or I need to “massage” them. I may play with the mounting again if I’m bothered. Luckily they provided plenty of extra clips.

IMG_0447.jpeg

Here’s the retractable screen on the LR4 for comparison:
IMG_0438.jpeg

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Jiman01 , the clips have magnets on them and are mounted with 3M VHB on the safari roof trim. The shades have four embedded magnets so they stick to the clips. @Shale Rider posted excellent pictures in the tint thread: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/safari-window-tints.12415871/post-1333283186

I finally got the Snap Shades installed and I like them. I wanted a mesh screen to still let some light in. They’re like the screens on the LR4 and D2 sunroofs.

Quality is good, however the fit was a little tight on mine, which warps the frame a bit. Maybe it was designed this way to make them tight, but I’d prefer it a tad smaller. The cutout for the latch doesn’t quite clear the latch so I ended up mounting the screen a bit lower than I wanted. You can see the screen is a bit warped in the picture. Maybe they’ll relax over time or I need to “massage” them. I may play with the mounting again if I’m bothered. Luckily they provided plenty of extra clips.

View attachment 7863187

Here’s the retractable screen on the LR4 for comparison:
View attachment 7863188
I was going to order the snap shade but when I went to pay for them the price jumped $20.00 (apparently I was placing my order at the end of a sale) but after seeing how yours are fitting I think I would be disappointed with the fit. The photos that I saw looked much better than yours. Do you think the placement of the attachment magnets are the issue? I would contact them and see if they would replace them. I do like the you can still see out while receiving some extra protection from the sun.

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No I don’t think it’s the placement of the magnet clips. The shade itself is slightly too big. No matter how I position them, they can’t fit within the opening without a slight bend on the frame, which is what causes those creases you see in the pictures.

I have sent a message to their customer support. Let’s see what they say.

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No I don’t think it’s the placement of the magnet clips. The shade itself is slightly too big. No matter how I position them, they can’t fit within the opening without a slight bend on the frame, which is what causes those creases you see in the pictures.

Please keep us posted!

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
How do they actually install? It said clips but I’m curious how that works
There are 4 adhesive magnets per each shade. Its not a perfect fit so you have to kinda bend it into place but it looks pretty good and stays in place.

Attachments

• IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Have the SnapShades as well, and this summary matches my experience. Not bad, could be better.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are 4 adhesive magnets per each shade. It’s not a perfect fit so you have to kinda bend it into place but it looks pretty good and stays in place.
Thanks to you and @TahoeGren for the pics.

On a separate note, how do you like the molle panel/shelf on the overhead switch panel? Do items stay in there when you accelerate or over bumpy terrain?

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I'll wait, that fit needs a touch bit more refinement.
I would agree! I was going to order but think further refinements need to be made. I think I saw a photo of the snap shade that seemed to look perfect. If my shade had those creases in it I would be disappointed!

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Snap Shades customer support is very responsive and tried to help, but sadly they said that since the shades are mounted horizontally, a snug fit is required to secure them in place, and because of that tension and the double curves where the latch cutout is, there may be some ripples. They pointed out that their install photos also show some ripples. Looking again, I see that now, but they look much better than mine. They suggested to try switching from left to right and see if that improves it, but I’ve tried this already. I’ll mess with them some more when I feel like it. Overall, I agree with @wolftimj : they’re not bad, but could be better.

For the wrinkles, they pointed me to this video, where they suggest using an iron. Haven’t tried that yet, but I expect it will get rid of the wrinkles:
https://snapshades.com/troubleshooting-remove-creases-from-snap-shades/

Back
Top Bottom