The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ROOF RACKS

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered or seen the HGM rack? Does it have openings to remove the safari windows?

Late reply but in case you or someone need some more info about the HGM rack: I’m happy to help.

Attachments

• IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6066.jpeg
    IMG_6066.jpeg
    547.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6069.jpeg
    IMG_6069.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6067.jpeg
    IMG_6067.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6070.jpeg
    IMG_6070.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6071.jpeg
    IMG_6071.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6068.jpeg
    IMG_6068.jpeg
    439 KB · Views: 47

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What’s the load rating?? I’m freaked out by the gutter mount. Considering how much they flex.
Dynamic load capacity 150kg
Static load capacity 300kg
Own weight 75kg

I’ve mounted the Bush Company AX27, Awning, solar panel and shower. Sleeping almost everyday for the last 9 months on the roof, driving crazy bad roads in Nepal, Laos etc.. No flexing gutters. This rack is very strong

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
What’s the load rating?? I’m freaked out by the gutter mount. Considering how much they flex.
I was going to call complete BS, but let me explain. I own a Grenadier with the Rhino rack. It’s rock solid and zero flex. If you are not using the Rhino rack you must fit your load bar feet outside the grab bar cutouts - the missing roof section can allow the gutter to flex.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
I was going to call complete BS, but let me explain. I own a Grenadier with the Rhino rack. It’s rock solid and zero flex. If you are not using the Rhino rack you must fit your load bar feet outside the grab bar cutouts - the missing roof section can allow the gutter to flex.
(y) and the same principle applies to positioning the roof bars.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
I am with you - the main reason I punted on a factory roof rack or even cross-bars.
Leitner's is the best stuff now - too bad they won't sell the brackets only.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my "loaner" rack on the truck on Friday, it is a LFD Off Road 3/4 rack. I have a full length on order, but it wasn't back from powder coat in time for the instal, and they wanted to get some promo photos/video the following morning.

It is made from stainless side rails and aluminum extrusion cross bars (6 on a 3/4 and 10 on a full length if memory serves me correctly). This might be the first rack I've ever had on a vehicle that is silent at 80mph with a hi-lift and a Gazelle T4 strapped on top

Full disclosure, I've known the owner of the company for 5+ years and been using their parts (3 roof racks, 2 bed racks, 2 sets of skid plates, rear dual swing arm bumper, sliders, bed stiffeners, etc) longer than that across 4 different platforms, so yes, my purchase and decision helps a friend's business.

PXL_20240719_182858565.MP.jpg
PXL_20240719_182904282.jpg
PXL_20240719_195628564.jpg
PXL_20240720_132231694.jpg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got my "loaner" rack on the truck on Friday, it is a LFD Off Road 3/4 rack. I have a full length on order, but it wasn't back from powder coat in time for the instal, and they wanted to get some promo photos/video the following morning.

It is made from stainless side rails and aluminum extrusion cross bars (6 on a 3/4 and 10 on a full length if memory serves me correctly). This might be the first rack I've ever had on a vehicle that is silent at 80mph with a hi-lift and a Gazelle T4 strapped on top

Full disclosure, I've known the owner of the company for 5+ years and been using their parts (3 roof racks, 2 bed racks, 2 sets of skid plates, rear dual swing arm bumper, sliders, bed stiffeners, etc) longer than that across 4 different platforms, so yes, my purchase and decision helps a friend's business.

View attachment 7864438
View attachment 7864439
View attachment 7864440
View attachment 7864441
Sweet! Have your friend get busy on steel skid plates!

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I used Alu-Cab load bars and feet for the Grenadier.
Hey @grnamin

I'm looking to get the Alu Cab feet and bar set, they look like a really simple and robust alternative to bars that mount on the gutter.

One question: Do either the bars or the feet come with the fixing kit to bolt the two together, or do you need to order that separately? I've checked over the Alu Cab website and it doesn't give any pointers.

Thanks

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
Hey @grnamin

I'm looking to get the Alu Cab feet and bar set, they look like a really simple and robust alternative to bars that mount on the gutter.

One question: Do either the bars or the feet come with the fixing kit to bolt the two together, or do you need to order that separately? I've checked over the Alu Cab website and it doesn't give any pointers.

Thanks
The feet come with little red washers for the Grenadier OEM bolts that secure the grab handles to the side of the roof and the Alu-Cab load bars include 4 nuts and bolts (two sets for each side) to secure the bars to the feet. Hope that helps.
Assembly tip: bolt the load bars to the feet loosely before mounting them to your roof. It's quite a pain to mount the feet first then trying to bolt the bars onto the feet. Tighten the nuts after you have the load bars centered crosswise on the roof.
I realized after following the above video that I should have mounted the bars onto the feet first before installing the latter to my Grenadier. The feet block your view when you're screwing the bolts into the nuts.

Last edited:

utahgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
Late reply but in case you or someone need some more info about the HGM rack: I’m happy to help.
How do you like the HGM rack? I’ve tried to contact them with no reply. Our local dealership has tried to make contact but hasn’t had any luck. Do you know if they are open to international shipping?

Reactions: PBD

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you like the HGM rack? I’ve tried to contact them with no reply. Our local dealership has tried to make contact but hasn’t had any luck. Do you know if they are open to international shipping?
I've been using the HGM rack for a while now, and overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It’s solid and well-built, which is what I was looking for.

My advice would be to keep trying to contact them directly via Instagram and office@hgm-rack.at. Or your send me your contact details video PM and I will ask Martin or Robert to contact you.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Hi Team, anyone have a frontrunner 3/4 slimline roof rack that can share their experience and opinion, whether you'd buy again. I'm considering this more for the versatility, i.e I can always carry a table under the rack, which is very handy for oir setup. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom