The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Good news re Ineos US planning to offer the Roo Bar in 2025! Also, it's been posted elsewhere in this forum, but I've also confirmed GP-Factor intends to post info regarding its bull bar offering this month.

Re the Owl Bar, I don't hate it (since it is close to OEM), but I don't like the fact that the bottom of the angled sides along the headlights do not cleanly meet like the OEM bar. There's that little bit sticking out that makes the little bit of OCD in me want to clip it off. Patiently waiting to see what GP-Factor comes up with.
I am 100% in agreement. Would have preferred that they would have made it similar to OEM style. It may be because of copy rights that they could not. Not sure, but it’s not for me. Let’s see what else comes along.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Well.. this may be polarizing because its not as stylized as the OEM bar, but it is hell for stout and I like the look (and I'm the one that matters). Finally got it powder coated and installed this week. I might have gotten a friends & family discount but it was way less $$ than the OEM or Owl. This was built by a metal fab shop in Brenham TX, If you are in that area, I can point you to them. Otherwise, you might visit a fabrication shop in your own area and see what they can do.View attachment 7869387
Looks good. I'm in Houston, can I ask what the cost was and did you do the install or the fab shop?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the look of @GN4HIR ’s bespoke bar, at least the left and right ends. Each looks like a simple, true half circle, not trying to do anything clever. Looks good IMO.

I’m sure the Owl bar materials and workmanship are excellent, but the way they’ve styled those sides … baffling.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks good. I'm in Houston, can I ask what the cost was and did you do the install or the fab shop?

They mounted it for me. It is only 8 bolts but it takes two people. And they bolted my light bar on. I took them the light bar earlier in the process and they welded two tabs to fit.

As for cost, my best guess would be no more than $1200 and possibly less. They price based on cost of materials and outside services (powder coating) and then on the number of hours spent on the project. They are also the shop that added the steps to my factory rock sliders for a very reasonable price. The shop is WBI Fabrication and the shop is owned by David and Tamara.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I like the look of @GN4HIR ’s bespoke bar, at least the left and right ends. Each looks like a simple, true half circle, not trying to do anything clever. Looks good IMO.

I’m sure the Owl bar materials and workmanship are excellent, but the way they’ve styled those sides … baffling.

Thanks, I do think the shop could have done something a little more creative with the center posts, even rotating them 90 degrees so the narrow side faces out would have been good. Essentially they are two pieces of 'L' welded to into a box, so its strong. Its growing on me and I like the simplicity. But they are a custom shop so they can do it anyway you can think up.

Local time
Reaction score
With only numerous photos to go on, the Owl weld bead does not appear as uniform as the OEM. Also, the bumper bracket is only across the front and top, where the OEM one also wraps around the underside of the bumper. Thickness wise, the OEM bumper bracket appears to be thicker.

Last edited:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With only numerous photos to go on, the Owl weld bead does not appear as uniform as the OEM. Also, the bumper bracket is only across the front and top, where the OEM one also wraps around the underside of the bumper. Thickness wise, the OEM bumper bracket appears to be thicker.
Owl say that they used thicker gauge steel in their promo. Or maybe I misunderstood it but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
They mounted it for me. It is only 8 bolts but it takes two people. And they bolted my light bar on. I took them the light bar earlier in the process and they welded two tabs to fit.

As for cost, my best guess would be no more than $1200 and possibly less. They price based on cost of materials and outside services (powder coating) and then on the number of hours spent on the project. They are also the shop that added the steps to my factory rock sliders for a very reasonable price. The shop is WBI Fabrication and the shop is owned by David and Tamara.
Is a reasonable price for the bar. You have any images of the steps on your rock sliders posted?

Local time
Reaction score
Owl say that they used thicker gauge steel in their promo. Or maybe I misunderstood it but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.
That was in regard to their .120 wall steel tubing compared to the "thin wall tubing" they say is on the OEM bar, which I understand is 2.5 mm (0.090") thick. So, the Owl tubing should be stronger, but that says nothing of how it is mounted to the bumper. Also, the Owl bar tubing is carbon steel, the OEM bar stainless steel.

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
This is just a prototype that was welded by a fab tech not our master welders (they are busy with production). Once in production, the welds will be perfect. If you curious what our welds look like check out our production products.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpeg
    IMG_1123.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 29

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I just saw this on utube. Unfortunately for me it does not do it aesthetically. The middle section is fine. In fact, looks a lot like the factory OEM part . However, the sides kill it in my humble opinion. Just don’t like the angle on a boxy truck. Stay true to the straight lines. The original OEM looks great! Again, I applaud owl for their effort just not aesthetically pleasing.
I thought I would add some more information on the tube intersection. We wanted a very functional bullbar that would hold up in an impact against an animal. As a result we used a much thicker steel tubing as compared to the OEM. With the thicker stronger tubing you cannot bend a radius as tight as the OEM. If we went with thin OEM tube it would be a purely aesthetic bullbar.

We felt Grenadier customers would opt for function over form in this case. Hopefully that added context to our decision.

John (Owl)

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
That was in regard to their .120 wall steel tubing compared to the "thin wall tubing" they say is on the OEM bar, which I understand is 2.5 mm (0.090") thick. So, the Owl tubing should be stronger, but that says nothing of how it is mounted to the bumper. Also, the Owl bar tubing is carbon steel, the OEM bar stainless steel.
Production bars are DOM steel

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
I like the owl side hoops. Not sure about the rise in the bottom central bar, don’t see a purpose other than potentially mounting a small light bar down there. Also the vertical risers simply look thin, maybe wrap a 1 inch flat around it. I am sure it doesn’t need it from a structural point but I think it would look better.

So far I like the owl side steps best. Will most likely grab a pair of those soon.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I would add some more information on the tube intersection. We wanted a very functional bullbar that would hold up in an impact against an animal. As a result we used a much thicker steel tubing as compared to the OEM. With the thicker stronger tubing you cannot bend a radius as tight as the OEM. If we went with thin OEM tube it would be a purely aesthetic bullbar.

We felt Grenadier customers would opt for function over form in this case. Hopefully that added context to our decision.

John (Owl)
What is the weight of your bullbar vs the OEM bullbar?

Back
Top Bottom