The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Kinda felt like it was merely a rehash of the info he already talked about on his recent YouTube video… lift and tyres, aux fuel, roof rack, lights… Skippy.
Was hoping for a deeper dive into the feels and emotion behind the rig, but with it being a loaner perhaps he’s not ready to become attached to it. 🤔
Haha. Saw your post, Doc. About Wally. Jaden seemed to have a laugh.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Fuel mileage in the western US is always going to be bad. Most wheeling is in the west over vast distances. You can travel at 80-85MPH for multiple days! And of course there are hills and mountains. Its just what you have to except. If you have time to slow down, great, but in some places you will get run over. I try in my Power Wagon at times to stay at 72 MPH or so as it helps, but at some point you just have to drive. Seems like turbos are great for torque and elevation, but also EPA testing where they can keep a light, static environment to produce un-realistic EPA numbers easily. :LOL:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Reinforces the reason I don't watch or listen to podcasts. 40,000 words when 100 would do.

Finally when asked what he would sign write on the side he said "can I keep it" so I assume he is pretty happy with it.
That channel and commentators in general talk way too much dribble through exactly what you said.... 10,000s of words.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Fuel mileage in the western US is always going to be bad. Most wheeling is in the west over vast distances. You can travel at 80-85MPH for multiple days! And of course there are hills and mountains. Its just what you have to except. If you have time to slow down, great, but in some places you will get run over. I try in my Power Wagon at times to stay at 72 MPH or so as it helps, but at some point you just have to drive. Seems like turbos are great for torque and elevation, but also EPA testing where they can keep a light, static environment to produce un-realistic EPA numbers easily. :LOL:
I used to drive out to Broken Hill often in a Ford F150 40 years ago and at certain times of the year you drove into a hot headwind.
Lots of vehicles would push to 120-140 kmh and run out of fuel.
Daytime temps over 40 degrees and a 5 litre petrol engine meant that winding back to 80-90 kmh meant you may make it 450 kms on a tank
We ended up putting a second tank in to get 120 litres to be safe
As you can see by the map there is a lot of desert for the last 450 odd kms.

1718766406904.jpg
1718766710832.jpg

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not really desert, but wide open country regardless. I once drove Wilcannia to Broken Hill against a westerly wind, and used 2L/100km more on that stretch than crossing the Simpson Desert on the same trip. By far the most over the whole 7,000km journey.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And to summarise - a $50,000 set up spend to get it close to usable, and that’s on a tight budget.
Exactly.
That's why the Grenadier is a realistic offer in Australia.
I have mentioned to Ineos a couple of times that if they brought out a station wagon body on the Quartermaster chassis I think it would sell well in Australia, South Africa and the US
They did say it is designed for that, so after the Quartermaster Cab/chassis maybe.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And to summarise - a $50,000 set up spend to get it close to usable, and that’s on a tight budget.
That sounds right, plus another AUD8,000 plus fitting to fix the rear axle width issue.

I looked at the 70 series and it was more expensive once you fitted it out, compared to the IG.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Exactly.
I have mentioned to Ineos a couple of times that if they brought out a station wagon body on the Quartermaster chassis I think it would sell well in Australia, South Africa and the US
They did say it is designed for that, so after the Quartermaster Cab/chassis maybe.
I can remember this question being asked last month, so what you are saying is good news(y)

July 23rd
Hello,
There is the grenadier station wagon, there is the grenadier quartermaster pickup, a chassis cab, …, is there a grenadier quartermaster station wagon soon ?
Thank you for your answers
Hello Sebastien, I think what you are asking for is an extended station wagon on the Quartermaster frame and it has been spoken about in various posts from memory...I believe it would be a great vehicle to add to the quiver but so far I haven't heard of such a Beast...Yet. With the use of the Gren station wagon back extended they could build a seven-seater or just a larger wagon (y)

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
The majority of his $50k budget is for the fit out to work and live in for extended times while travelling for his photography business. Similar money would have to be spent to fit a Grenadier 2 seat wagon for that same purpose. If he is not doing the work there will be a large labour cost involved in the fit out.

The lad in this LC78 video went to the extreme but a least he gives a breakdown of the costs. I am guessing it won't be long until we see some Quartermasters and Grenadier tourers in Australia smashing well past the $200k mark as well.

View: https://youtu.be/A1YfhuSEoo4?si=9HBmyk9p_z29NUNU

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The majority of his $50k budget is for the fit out to work and live in for extended times while travelling for his photography business. Similar money would have to be spent to fit a Grenadier 2 seat wagon for that same purpose. If he is not doing the work there will be a large labour cost involved in the fit out.
I can do most of that and I did not spend AU50,000 fitting it out. Mine is fitted for stills rather than video, but I do some video. But I am not interested in a coffee machine, which alone adds thousands plus more battery capacity, etc.

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
That sounds right, plus another AUD8,000 plus fitting to fix the rear axle width issue.

I looked at the 70 series and it was more expensive once you fitted it out, compared to the IG.
Exactly.
And If you want a little more peace of mind on long strech of roads, add the Brown Davis long range tank (68L) to The Grenadier and you will reach every corner.

Back
Top Bottom