The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Leg Room N1 Spec Production Model

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Is the barrier in the editions the same as the SW then? It’d make sense and I may nip to my dealer and have a look see in side a belstaff version with the cargo barrier.
Ive believe i saw a picture and it looks identical but had different brackets that went backwards if that makes sense

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I've posted photos of both types on another thread... somewhere...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am getting the 2 seater as I will be using this for personal use/camping adventures etc. Having moved from a Defender 90 which was also a 2 seater, I want to retain the ability to reach into the back from the front and v/v. I guess this means I will have to remove the barrier. Of course this adds a risk of objects connecting with passengers up front in the event of a sudden stop. Will be interesting to see how easy it will be to take out the barrier and perhaps have a removable solution when needed.
I’ve gone for the two seater utility as well for camping/overlanding. I’m thinking maybe of adapting the cargo barrier to have a hinged central door if possible

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve gone for the two seater utility as well for camping/overlanding. I’m thinking maybe of adapting the cargo barrier to have a hinged central door if possible
I'm sure there are better examples but had a front central door on a full weldmesh cage in my old Lightweight - hinged at the top:
015.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those were my thoughts too, the barrier I don't think is a problem but the removal of the plastic trim isn't something I've done, I will consult with the professionals !!

I don't know if looking at these is helpful or not, but when my cargo barrier was fitted these were the two plastic inserts that had to be removed:

WP_20230517_030.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was looking at moving the seats in my N1, but more because of lack of access to the various fuse boxes under the rear seats because of the seat trim bolts. To move the reat seats you have to remove the trim section in the rear loadspace to access some of the rear seat fasteners.

The rear trim section is held in by M8 bolts (another strange choice like the M10 bolts in the lower seat trim) without any form of washer - and so there's evidence of too much pressure/damage on the lightweight plastic. I've stuck some large washers under the bolts to try and spread the load a little better:
IMG_20230703_161250790.jpgIMG_20230703_161651759.jpgIMG_20230703_161718001.jpg

There's something else I can't quite fathom - there's two large cone bolts on the seat brackets - one on the left and one on the right:
IMG_20230703_160747339_HDR.jpg

The right hand one helps clamp the bracket in place, together with the two more standard security bolts:
IMG_20230703_155520943.jpg

The left hand one, however, does not help clamp the bracket in place, but rather sits in a cutout on the bracket - why?:
IMG_20230703_155014452.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I was looking at moving the seats in my N1, but more because of lack of access to the various fuse boxes under the rear seats because of the seat trim bolts. To move the reat seats you have to remove the trim section in the rear loadspace to access some of the rear seat fasteners.

The rear trim section is held in by M8 bolts (another strange choice like the M10 bolts in the lower seat trim) without any form of washer - and so there's evidence of too much pressure/damage on the lightweight plastic. I've stuck some large washers under the bolts to try and spread the load a little better:
View attachment 7819536View attachment 7819537View attachment 7819538

There's something else I can't quite fathom - there's two large cone nuts on the seat brackets - one on the left and one on the right:
View attachment 7819539

The right hand one helps clamp the bracket in place, together with the two more standard security bolts:
View attachment 7819540

The left hand one, however, does not help clamp the bracket in place, but rather sits in a cutout on the bracket - why?:
View attachment 7819541
If the right hand one did the same I would have guessed they were locators to help position the seat when installing.
But...............

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Busted…. My wife pointed out that Schoffel wearers may be a key demographic of possible owners / buyers. No red trousers as I’m not a land agent….!
I spent 20 years as a Land Agent and never had red trousers although I was heavily outnumbered on occasion! Plenty of corduroy though…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If the right hand one did the same I would have guessed they were locators to help position the seat when installing.
But...............
I've also tried a Google lens lookup and the best visual match is a "sacrificial anodes for cathodic protection in the leisure boat market"?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spent 20 years as a Land Agent and never had red trousers although I was heavily outnumbered on occasion! Plenty of corduroy though…
Bet they were Barbour corduroys

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
So at least a few have now moved the N1 to the M1 seat position... Have any M1 owners moved the seat forward to the N1 position? US models are still months away from delivery, but this is definitely on my list of considerations as we very rarely have anyone in the back seat

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7819536View attachment 7819537View attachment 7819538

There's something else I can't quite fathom - there's two large cone bolts on the seat brackets - one on the left and one on the right:
View attachment 7819539

View attachment 7819540

View attachment 7819541
A hole and a slot, to accomodate tolerances.
The cone bolt with the hole is the datum, the cone bolt in the slot provides opportunity for variation side-to-side.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A hole and a slot, to accomodate tolerances.
The cone bolt with the hole is the datum, the cone bolt in the slot provides opportunity for variation side-to-side.
I haven't removed the other bolts yet, but it doesn't look like this arrangement would give you more variation if all the others aren't also slotted?

Last edited:

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is a little odd, you will find the seat catch bracket has a round hole and a slotted hole too. Couldn’t see the reason for that either.
you have to shorten the cargo floor cover as the seat is being moved back, I used the offcut to cover the fasteners which are now visible inside the rear doors.

Back
Top Bottom