The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Possible Side Mirror Replacement to reduce Blind Spot - Please respond if interested

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
Just arrived. I am away for the next ten days, so will have to wait for actual fitting.
The two connectors have no specific positive / minus and as I understand, can be connected either way round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Vote:
Upvote 0

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Did you make those pigtails for the new mirrors? Mine did not come with those and the wires are too short because they mounted the terminal 180 degrees, with the leads on the top instead of the leads on the bottom.
Mine were mounted at the top right -- had plenty of room without the need for any pigtails. Silly question, but are you sure you are not trying to mount them upside down?

Vote:
Upvote 0

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Just arrived. I am away for the next ten days, so will have to wait for actual fitting.
The two connectors have no specific positive / minus and as I understand, can be connected either way round.
Yes it doesn't matter which is positive or negative. Its just a heat loop which does not care about polarity.

Like @dbob I also needed to crimp the wires (just a gentle squeeze with some plyers) as the wire connectors were a little bit loose on the Suma mirror posts (and pretty tight to remove from the stock mirrors).

Vote:
Upvote 0

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Mine were mounted at the top right -- had plenty of room without the need for any pigtails. Silly question, but are you sure you are not trying to mount them upside down?
I am sure, that would make the "suma" upside down. Maybe my factory tails are shorter. Waiting to hear back.

Vote:
Upvote 0

BCR

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I am sure, that would make the "suma" upside down. Maybe my factory tails are shorter. Waiting to hear back.
I installed my mirrors without any pigtails yesterday. I did have to crimp the connectors on the Suma's to get them to stay connected. My right mirror had the Grenadier's wires with enough length to make that connection fairly easy. The driver's side (LHD) wires were shorter making it slightly more difficult to install. I originally thought the left wires disconnected when I adjusted the mirror outwards but fortunately that didn't happen. Both mirrors warmed up with the defroster switch engaged. Overall I like the way the mirrors function though it would be nice if there was more ability to adjust the driver's mirror outward.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
I have been in touch with Eddy from Suma Performance (thanks to @Norb-TX for bringing them up in the other thread). They make aftermarket convex side mirror replacements to reduce blind spots. This would replace the mirror only, you keep the factory housing. They also offer a version with blue tint that reduces glare. Eddy stated if there is enough interest, they would make them for the Grenadier. He has not yet defined "enough interest". Judging by the cost of the Jeep JL, it appears it would be around $200 for the pair.

I tried to make a poll, but I guess it has not been turned on for me yet. So if you will respond to this thread, I will let Eddy know how many people are interested and see if that is enough for them to make the mirrors.

Thanks.
Just pre ordered on their website

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom