The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Fence About Buying

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I have experience with a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 and 2006 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 and a bit of off roading in the USA. Mostly farm applications where there is just a field, technically there’s no road. So I have a few years left in Dubai and really want to trade in a BMW 330 before major maintenance on its 9th birthday. I always kick myself in the arse for not buying the last year of the original Defender 110 in 2016. I always loved that vehicle. I was frugal at the time and opted for a car that was sensible for where I now live. I like to go off-roading a few times a year but that’s easily accomplished here with a rental vehicle or friend.

Incredible is the engine and transmission are very similar to my 330 so it works very well and familiar.

Nine years on I find myself at a crossroads. I desperately want to offload my BMW and get something useful for the next stage. The Adamas Motor company are offering 20% down, 2 years 0% interest and 3 years 2.7% interest financing on a 2023, maybe 2024 wagon. My shelf life for working here is about 5 years before retirement then I want to go back to Spain and take up light farming again in my second career.

My problem is I can just but a new vehicle in Spain in 5 years and sell the maintenance intensive BMW now and buy a cheap Toyota.or I can buy a Grenadier and export it for relatively low cost after the payments are done and I’m ready to leave the UAE.

My ask of the forum is to ‘sell me the 2024/2025 Grenadier”

Last edited:

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
I doubt anything I can say is going to 'sell' you on the wagon.

It sounds like you already drove one and have realized it is what you want.

The wagon already sold itself. So, if you are a few years away from retiring, why not get one and enjoy it.

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking for help in rationalizing a purchase of a relatively unknown, somewhat risky, incredibly cool vehicle? Why not post the question in the forum dedicated to the vehicle and frequented by fans of the brand???
Be careful as you may end up with several!
All kidding aside, I have one on order and I have asked myself just how risky this all is. What happens if Ineos looses interest in the Grenadier? Will I survive a shutdown of the company? That is the worst case scenario. As far as the design and execution, it is already a well understood vehicle with some “annoying-to-some-features”. I have no doubt that anyone who can afford one of these and who is honest with themselves about the reality of this designs abilities , will find a lot to love.
Just be honest with yourself and you will make the right decision

Last edited:

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
If you haven’t yet driven a Grenadier, get a test drive - if you can honestly say you loved it - then buy it.

If you didn’t love it - don’t buy it. QED.

To be honest, if you hankered after a pre 2016 Defender, then you should probably just buy a Grenadier. It’s everything the Defender could have been. The new Defender may be a brilliant vehicle. But it is a Defender in name, but not in spirit.

So my tip. Buy a Grenadier. You will not be sorry. Just don’t blame me if you feel it was a bum decision!

Back
Top Bottom