The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

October Reservations Opening Up

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Placed our reservation last night:

Confirmation: 0005269322
Invoice: 90005391

Let the wait begin.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Confirmation: 0005262766
Invoice: 90000601

So it looks like the accountants may have won out with the numbering system for invoices over reservations. 

As of Michaels reservation they've at least taken deposits for over 5K vehicles, not bad for an upstart. Let's see how many make it to delivery.

I'm sure there's some scalpers out there as well.

Coffee

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
Confirmation: 0005262766
Invoice: 90000601

So it looks like the accountants may have won out with the numbering system for invoices over reservations. 

As of Michaels reservation they've at least taken deposits for over 5K vehicles, not bad for an upstart. Let's see how many make it to delivery.

I'm sure there's some scalpers out there as well.
It may be that invoice numbers are growing slower than confirmation numbers due to credit card declines after the initial cc approval. I don’t understand how that can happen, but I don’t see another explanation.

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
I think you might be right Coffee. If it's assumed that reservations started at 0005262000, there was less than a 50 number difference between my reservation number and my invoice.

Compare that to Stu's with over 150 difference only a relatively short time later, and nearly 2000 for Michael.

So realistically I think reservation number might well be a huge red herring for working out where in the queue people are.

Of note, the T&C's do say that transferring reservations is allowed with the explicit written approval of Ineos, so it may be that scalpers who have got in early may flog early reservations if there's a demand for them beyond supply.

Michael Gain

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think you're onto something with "declined" transactions. It took me many (~15) tries to get my card to approve. There was a disconnect between the visa security applet, my bank, and the website. I tried on my phone and laptop. Eventually, internet explorer worked, but only after letting it spin for awhile. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So the general reservation slots are opening on the 14'th. the interesting thing is that they let you reserve 5. does anyone think the scalpers will be going hard on this?

"But if you want to place more, you can go for a maximum of 5. You just have to wait until October 14th for those additional reservations."

SteveGren

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Stu_Barnes said:
So the general reservation slots are opening on the 14'th. the interesting thing is that they let you reserve 5. does anyone think the scalpers will be going hard on this?

"But if you want to place more, you can go for a maximum of 5. You just have to wait until October 14th for those additional reservations."

It said something along the lines that my reservation wasn't transferable, so it appears scalpers would have to take delivery - and then be confident they can sell for enough profit to cover the taxes they paid.

Elson

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
SteveGren said:
It said something along the lines that my reservation wasn't transferable, so it appears scalpers would have to take delivery - and then be confident they can sell for enough profit to cover the taxes they paid.

If I remember right, my reservation said it was only transferrable with Ineos's expressed permission. I imagine they'll do the same for the reservations opening up from the 14th.

In some ways, my bigger question is what percentage of the 'first year's orders for each country have been claimed already. Looking at the Defender2 forum there's been thousands of early handraisers that have made their deposit already. I get a few will drop out, but I think scalpers may be a bit disappointed around the pace of deliveries if they try and order 5 from the 14th.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So, Car and Driver say 75,000 people registered their interest, I wonder how many actually put down their deposits?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37809536/ineos-grenadier-coming-united-states-2023/

But I do think that for a company that is making an off-road vehicle from scratch without a customer base, which by any opinion won't be main stream, I think they did pretty well with getting 75,000 people interested. 

Of course the figures could just be made up.....

Back
Top Bottom