The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

October Reservations Opening Up

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
I also had problems when I did on my iPhone. Switched to my laptop and it worked. 

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
ChasingOurTrunks said:
I got my code, but the reservation site isn’t working for me - it keeps saying my code is invalid.

A bit disappointing but I’ll keep trying. Anyone else having issues?
I had problem with the numbers, I had O and thought it was zero, but it was letter O

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:03 AM
Reaction score
The configurator worked for me but I can no longer view it since saving my configuration. Lots of options were available, makes me think there will be a wide price range between the base and fully optioned model:

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Put my order in and here's my build for now:

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Configurator finally worked for me. I didnt log on and for a hot second I saw the two door and diesel options. Once I logged on as a US customer both of them gone ?

Loved playing with the configurator. I liked how the solid green and metallic light blue looked. White top always. Maybe I’m an outlier but I always love solid whites in cars. Purest way to show the lines. 
Lockers an option!!?? Maybe the commercial market and mall crawler market won’t need it..

I like how they are thinking in terms of factory choices. Gull wing doors, camp table, interior utility rails, 17” and 18” steelies..all excellent stuff. Alas I can already see the price skyrocket in my mind. The only things I didn’t want were leather seats and carpeted floors. Everything else either get from factory or wait for aftermarket to catch up. 

A couple of things which still concern me1. The radiator hangs too low. I wish they made it wider and tucked it in further up
2. The trunk space looks a bit tight especially with those wheel wells jutting in. My preference is to have a sleeping platform and sleep inside. This will make it tight. Or maybe my eyes are playing tricks or maybe they will tweak the final version

Nonetheless super excited and the final build looks like a proper 4x4. I’ll say it again the designers really knocked it out of the park. 

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Also basic floors and seats with saddle leather steering wheel on mine. But agree very tempted by the white and also noticed the low hanging radiator.

Nanuq

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Reservation done…not sure which country I’m registered in though…my build in the configurator is saved, but I don’t seem to have some of the options that others are reporting. Can’t find the bull bar option or the checker plater option…

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
Got my reservation in, very excited.  Not since my 97 Cruiser have I been excited about a vehicle.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
I've reserved one, they've taken the money, but I haven't received a confirmatory email, and when I try to log into the site, it needs a verfication code - which they send by email, which of course doesn't turn up either.
I've gone onto their website and used "Contact Us" which needs you to fill in a form, but it's based on - you've guessed it - email address. 
There's no webchat or phone number, so I'm cut off from Ineos forever - unless they fix it!

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:
I've reserved one, they've taken the money, but I haven't received a confirmatory email, and when I try to log into the site, it needs a verfication code - which they send by email, which of course doesn't turn up either.
I've gone onto their website and used "Contact Us" which needs you to fill in a form, but it's based on - you've guessed it - email address. 
There's no webchat or phone number, so I'm cut off from Ineos forever - unless they fix it!

If you have a twitter account then ping them on that. It's highly visible and I'm sure you'll get a reply quite quickly. The last thing they want are rumors of them taking the money and running.

The twitter thing has worked for me in the past with dealing with airlines, so its worth a go.

Good luck Dominic

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:

FYI. You should get both an Order Confirmation and an Invoice. The invoice came a couple hours after the order.

ArtCee

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Completed my reservation.  2023 won’t get here soon enough!

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No luck here. Sent a message on Twitter and no reply. Will post a public tweet tomorrow if I don't get a response. 
So - typical modern company - no phone line, everything online - if you can't get internet access or you have a problem with your account,  you've had it. 

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:
No luck here. Sent a message on Twitter and no reply. Will post a public tweet tomorrow if I don't get a response. 
So - typical modern company - no phone line, everything online - if you can't get internet access or you have a problem with your account,  you've had it. 

I’m not sure if this is helpful Dominic but I noticed some of the elements on their pages were very slow to load. For instance the log in fields didn’t appear until a full minute after the rest of the off loaded and there was no clear activity (as in, it appeared as if the site was loaded). I’m not an IT professional but it seemed to me like some elements were loading from a different server that was super slow. It might be worth a try loading the site and waiting for a bit before inputting any codes or data?

d1rty

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in on a thread at Reddit talking through Reservation/Confirmation numbers vs Invoice numbers as the proper way to track order?  Any thoughts here?  Any appetite to start a new thread where folks volunteer the time they got the invite/confirmation/invoice as well as confirmation and invoice numbers?

PowerfulUSUltd

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
d1rty said:
I'm in on a thread at Reddit talking through Reservation/Confirmation numbers vs Invoice numbers as the proper way to track order?  Any thoughts here?  Any appetite to start a new thread where folks volunteer the time they got the invite/confirmation/invoice as well as confirmation and invoice numbers?

Confirmation 00052623XX[/b] received at 16:45 PST and Invoice 900003XX received at 19:00.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
ChasingOurTrunks said:
I’m not sure if this is helpful Dominic but I noticed some of the elements on their pages were very slow to load. For instance the log in fields didn’t appear until a full minute after the rest of the off loaded and there was no clear activity (as in, it appeared as if the site was loaded). I’m not an IT professional but it seemed to me like some elements were loading from a different server that was super slow. It might be worth a try loading the site and waiting for a bit before inputting any codes or data?

Confirmatory email and invoice both turned up at 5am UK time - about 15 hours after I made the order, along with a bunch of emails with my 'verification codes' which are used to log in again...........clearly of no use 15 hours later! But I have the important stuff. I suspect, as you suggest, their servers were overloaded, which I guess we can take as a good sign - lots of people want to reserve a Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom