The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

No idea if it’s coming?!?

Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
Looking for some opinions here.
I ordered my IG in June. The website still says estimated delivery Q1 2025. I received the email from the CEO about the shutdown and delays and apology that my order would be further delayed. Two days later in late September I received an email from my local dealer saying the website was incorrect. My grenadier had in fact been produced, and it was being shipped over.
Since that time, my dealership has had no insight or updates. I then reached out directly to the grenadier home office, who after week informed me that my car WASNT produced. I don’t know if they’re just looking at the same incorrect website or if my dealer got bad information.
I don’t wanna miss out on the existing new inventory and buy something close to my spec that’s already sitting on a lot somewhere.
Anyone else have this experience. Thanks.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
Did they give you a VIN?
Not sure how the shipping/ports are nowadays, but you can track your IG if you have a VIN.

There is a thread on the VIN tracking in the forum.

Local time
Reaction score
Did they give you a VIN?
Not sure how the shipping/ports are nowadays, but you can track your IG if you have a VIN.

There is a thread on the VIN tracking in the forum.
I did not get a vin. Would the dealer have that. Home office was useless called and emailed 4 times over two weeks to finally get a status that it wasn’t built.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did not get a vin. Would the dealer have that. Home office was useless called and emailed 4 times over two weeks to finally get a status that it wasn’t built.
For what it's worth, my dealer got my VIN after I did, and didn't have info that my vehicle had been built until it was already on the boat; the information the UK customer service has is the most up to date you'll find (they don't use the website), and they were able to provide a VIN just prior to actual production.

If no one can provide you a VIN, it isn't built yet

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Hi ChrisinBoston.
IMO - unless it's a very specific build, I would look at existing inventory. There are significant discounts to be had with manufacture incentives + dealer markdowns (at least here in CA). The markdowns are vehicle specific, but they're not off-putting specs (fieldmaster + a couple w/ lockers in white/red or silver). None of the "specials" seem to have the aux power, dual battery or winch if those are important options on your end.

Last edited:

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I chased mine as it was getting close to the ETA but the dealer didn't know and had to contact the factory to find out. I was told it was already built and being moved to the port. The website never updated progress after the deposit stage. Indeed, I just logged in now and it still says ETA August and not yet in production.

Local time
Reaction score
I chased mine as it was getting close to the ETA but the dealer didn't know and had to contact the factory to find out. I was told it was already built and being moved to the port. The website never updated progress after the deposit stage. Indeed, I just logged in now and it still says ETA August and not yet in production.
Communication all around has been poor at best. Website is a joke, makes me concerned. If I didn’t love this thing so much…

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We were in the same boat (not literally) as you a few months ago.

Visit the thread on tracking the IG, you will appreciate the resourcefulness and creativity of the members here. We are all here to help each other. Not just that thread but everything we have here.

Now we just need your VIN and we will try to track your IG with you.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I would guess yours is produced. I never could get a straight answer and one day I received a call "Its here". And months earlier then promised.

Local time
Reaction score
We were in the same boat (not literally) as you a few months ago.

Visit the thread on tracking the IG, you will appreciate the resourcefulness and creativity of the members here. We are all here to help each other. Not just that thread but everything we have here.

Now we just need your VIN and we will try to track your IG with you.
Thanks crashnburn. I asked the dealer if he had the vin today. I love a good internet rabbit hole search.

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't even get me started on their incompetent shipping infrastructure. 🤬 Mine was built in Dec., shipped in May, sat in Georgia until Sept., FINALLY in my driveway.

I'm 99% sure that yours will get here faster 🤞, but there's always that 1%.

Remember: Nothing's ever easy! (That's going on my tombstone)

vtgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I suppose it comes down to how specific your build is... I absolutely did not want privacy glass. I absolutely wanted Recaro cloth seats and covet "triple lockers." I 'need' heated seats. A tow hitch is not only a need, but a frequent necessity.

I found one in inventory, so the color, altimeter, extra battery, safari windows and ladder were gravy... only thing lacking was the saddle leather.

Looking at inventory across the country, I am baffled by a vehicle built with a winch and no lockers; a front hitch, but not a rear. It seems like the probability of locating your exact build on this date is minimal, but if you can get close and get certainty - assuming your dealer falls short of expectations around providing surety - I'd follow the advice of @Cncpt2 and chase a discount. I got mine shipped "for free" from TX to MA on top of 2.9% financing (I could have paid cash, but insurance won't cover an 'agreed-upon' price, so the GAP insurance makes sense).

Local time
Reaction score
I suppose it comes down to how specific your build is... I absolutely did not want privacy glass. I absolutely wanted Recaro cloth seats and covet "triple lockers." I 'need' heated seats. A tow hitch is not only a need, but a frequent necessity.

I found one in inventory, so the color, altimeter, extra battery, safari windows and ladder were gravy... only thing lacking was the saddle leather.

Looking at inventory across the country, I am baffled by a vehicle built with a winch and no lockers; a front hitch, but not a rear. It seems like the probability of locating your exact build on this date is minimal, but if you can get close and get certainty - assuming your dealer falls short of expectations around providing surety - I'd follow the advice of @Cncpt2 and chase a discount. I got mine shipped "for free" from TX to MA on top of 2.9% financing (I could have paid cash, but insurance won't cover an 'agreed-upon' price, so the GAP insurance makes sense).
Thanks. been compiling the must have have, like to have list. Need factory to install lockers, hitch-NATO, hi capacity outlets, safari windows, leather with heat. would love the red frame but makes it a unicorn. Figured most other stuff I can add later including a winch, ladder, battery set up, tires rims, could even wrap the roof myself. Love most every color but wanting my magic mushroom.

Local time
Reaction score

By the way @vtgrenadier , saw to IGs in Woodstock VT last weekend. Was that you. Apologies if I was lunatic taking a bunch of pictures of your truck.

Back
Top Bottom