The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Vehicle Prices in the UK!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
IMG_3724.jpeg

IMG_3725.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 17.15.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 17.15.02.png
    628.9 KB · Views: 40

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Added the text again (seems to be missing from the above post):

Just visited my local UK dealer and in stock were 8 vehicles. One was the new Commercial Variant priced at £39,787 plus VAT (this included leather seats - I didn't check for any other options.. The website shows to build one would be £51,930 plus VAT. Plus the other stock vehicles were also cheap. This has just annihilated residuals.

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a bargain for someone.. There’s a commercial in the Edinburgh dealership but it’s not that cheap. Its probably a petrol with no difflocks.

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos/information TrialMaster - looking to purchase here in (US - California). I've called a couple dealers and discounts seem to be approx. $5k @ 2.9%APR here in the US. However, it appears some in stock include even more incentives including $2.5k trade-in bonus and $10-12k discounts off MSRP. Was going to purchase in the next 30-60 days but now concerned that the 2024's will have even steeper discounts come November/December and residual value will take a significant hit. Anyone in the US have additional real world info post-purchase or other thoughts?

BTW - Love the vehicle and cant' wait to park next to my 64 LR Series 2a station wagon; but a good deal of trepidation given the broader market.

Last edited:
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Anyone in the US have additional real world info post-purchase or other thoughts?
yea. find about 5 units in the us that you are interested in and watch and wait. it appears pricing is headed down to where it should have been and the rest of us got screwed.

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
yea. find about 5 units in the us that you are interested in and watch and wait. it appears pricing is headed down to where it should have been and the rest of us got screwed.
I anticipate they'll level out, as long as the dealers keep new owners taken care of and the negative sentiment doesn't get out of hand. I think everything's overpriced (insert 40+ y/o man wagging his finger on the porch), but what do I know - seems fairly competitive when you look at what I'm cross shopping (GX550/G550Merc/LandCruiser) and is truly unique with quality parts + like many, I have a real soft spot for early rovers and Ineos did a great job IMO keeping the focus on reliability/use-ability. That being said, I've only test driven short distances to date.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I anticipate they'll level out, as long as the dealers keep new owners taken care of and the negative sentiment doesn't get out of hand. I think everything's overpriced (insert 40+ y/o man wagging his finger on the porch), but what do I know - seems fairly competitive when you look at what I'm cross shopping (GX550/G550Merc/LandCruiser) and is truly unique with quality parts + like many, I have a real soft spot for early rovers and Ineos did a great job IMO keeping the focus on reliability/use-ability. That being said, I've only test driven a couple.
Well, I look at this is an econo Gwagon with a bronco grade interior. Which, in that regard is exactly what I wanted. The issue is the integration and ergonomics. In that regard, what you mention is light years ahead, plus they have top grade interior materials/features fit and finish. Cross shopping this with a G550 is like cross shopping a plebeian grocery getter Subaru with waspy grocery getter GLEmerc. What sets the Gren apart from it's actual close competitors, which in the US is limited to Bronco, Rubicon an Prado, is the rock solid body and chassis. (the only actual target market peer to peer being the non US 70 series). And for that, with this spec level, the gren was 10g inflated on MSRP.

So someone in your position, getting 2.9 with 12g off, is buying at closer to the real market value of the truck. It may actually get better with overall competition in the car market and it being the end of modle year, hense when you asked, I suggested finding 5 candidates, and keeping your finger on the pulse of the market. You may end up with a winner winner chicken dinner scenario of a trialmaster for base pricing in mid december or jan of 2025, the traditional yearly low points in car pricing. It's a toss of the dice how long to hold out before the ones you want are gone. There are still well optioned orphans on lots with the winch, etc.

I bought too soon. I think with a little effort you will hit the jackpot.

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe with production suspended lneos are trying to get money in by shifting current stock at reduced prices.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
It’s kind of weird to me personally of hearing of these lowered prices yet my dealer (others have heard same thing too) says prices are going up next year. My own personally opinion is that they are trying to clear out ALL 2024 inventory and cause a new need/demand for the 2025 models so they can justify the new higher prices then start production back up again. Who knows if the Recaro seats or any “unknown part” is the real reason behind the halted production. None of us on this forum really know. As far as we know, this is all being done (prices up and down, production halt, etc) to drum up more demand for them. 🤷‍♂️ This is coming from a die hard (sorry Bruce 😉) Grenadier fan (I have two and thinking of a 3rd via the Quartermaster whenever it hits the states). No matter what’s going on though, these two Grenny’s I currently have are gonna be with me until I’m 6 feet under and my kids will then have to decide what to do with them. Hopefully that’s a long time away so I can enjoy driving them even more!!!!!

Local time
Reaction score
Maybe with production suspended lneos are trying to get money in by shifting current stock at reduced prices.
not sure how it works there, but here if it’s on the lot Ineos has been paid. Once sold there may be a few thousand in hold back that goes to the dealer from Ineos depending on the franchise deal. If there’s a big price slash on new cars here, that may be funded by the manufacturer thru incentives and would be a loss at this point.

I’d be curious about the actual franchise agreements here. I always figured the cash flow with the manufacturer/bank/dealer was nebulous to hide the real cost of the car from the buyers trying to make a deal.

Local time
Reaction score
It’s kind of weird to me personally of hearing of these lowered prices yet my dealer (others have heard same thing too) says prices are going up next year. My own personally opinion is that they are trying to clear out ALL 2024 inventory and cause a new need/demand for the 2025 models so they can justify the new higher prices then start production back up again. Who knows if the Recaro seats or any “unknown part” is the real reason behind the halted production. None of us on this forum really know. As far as we know, this is all being done (prices up and down, production halt, etc) to drum up more demand for them. 🤷‍♂️ This is coming from a die hard (sorry Bruce 😉) Grenadier fan (I have two and thinking of a 3rd via the Quartermaster whenever it hits the states). No matter what’s going on though, these two Grenny’s I currently have are gonna be with me until I’m 6 feet under and my kids will then have to decide what to do with them. Hopefully that’s a long time away so I can enjoy driving them even more!!!!!
No car company drums up demand by shuttering the line. If this was a public company Wall Street wouldn’t be ecstatic about the attempts to create demand by killing the only production line, they would have the stock at 4cents and there wouldn’t be a person left in management. 😂

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
No car company drums up demand by shuttering the line. If this was a public company Wall Street wouldn’t be ecstatic about the attempts to create demand by killing the only production line, they would have the stock at 4cents and there wouldn’t be a person left in management. 😂
I’ll give you one example, there are many more. Maybe a little different, but you get the idea. Chevrolet Camaro, I don’t own one at the moment, but have had a couple over the years. They halted production in 2002 and made a big demand for them as they were no longer making them. Then they started producing them again in 2009 with great sales. They are doing it again as stopped production in 2023 because sales were slow again. I bet in a few years they bring them back. I’m not saying Ineos is doing this, I am saying it has been done before (sales not as expected so a company shuts down production, sales off inventory, more people want them but none available, they create a bigger demand, restart production and bam sales higher again—it’s not rocket science). Plus this is not a US company nor publicly traded. It is owned by one very wealthy man, and I have no idea on the laws off other countries on things like this, but I don’t think anyone is breaking the law by stopping/starting production on an item for whatever reason they want. Sure there is a board that probably controls the business, but none of sit on that board or know what’s really going on. Again, read my past posts I am very much all in on Grenadier. I am just making an opinion post on what could be going on. I’m not going anywhere regardless. 🤷‍♂️

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Added the text again (seems to be missing from the above post):

Just visited my local UK dealer and in stock were 8 vehicles. One was the new Commercial Variant priced at £39,787 plus VAT (this included leather seats - I didn't check for any other options.. The website shows to build one would be £51,930 plus VAT. Plus the other stock vehicles were also cheap. This has just annihilated residuals.
Hi all, the car with the number plates on it, DS23 FBD is my old car that was a disaster! INEOS replaced it with a new one.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Hi all, the car with the number plates on it, DS23 FBD is my old car that was a disaster! INEOS replaced it with a new one.
"All that glistens is not gold" Even at the lower price it would still be a risk I would not take, unless it had been stripped and rebuilt by someone working on a time and materials basis.

In the UK, the dealers are Agents, so the vehicles for sale are still owed by Ineos Automotive. Having a MY23 or MY24 on the lot costs them nothing, as IA meet the vehicle bills.

Selling off old model or troublesome vehicles cheaply is just capitalism in action.

vtgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm one who just bought off the lot... literally the exact spec I was after (minus saddle leather), down to the clear rear windows. Since registering my deposit in February, 2022, I've not seen another one like it. I wanted cloth Recaro seats, which contributes to the timing of purchase, and will be putting it away for winter storage this weekend, as I live in Vermont and want to keep it for a very long time. I did get a nominal discount in the form of "free shipping" from Texas to Vermont.

I am curious if others are in agreement with this observation: most of the cars currently on dealer lots in the U.S. lack the Class III receiver. I am told that this is not able to be retrofitted - and further understand that MY25 vehicles will come with it fitted as standard. It seems odd to me that anyone would opt for this kind of vehicle, but without the ability to tow. This is especially true for vehicles fitted from the factory with either a front receiver or winch... I'm seeing plenty of these on Autotrader and dealer sites that show current inventory. For this reason alone, I'd think these 'left-overs' are lingering and warrant substantial discounts.

Back
Top Bottom