The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Nissan Patrol Y63 verse Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
No Australian pricing yet, but V6 Twin Turbo petrol motor. Based on Middle East pricing may hit around AUD150,000. The video has the top end model.

Patrol has really moved away from its rugged terrain past, even more than the Y62.

View: https://youtu.be/zSRo0E-O9rM

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
33-34% less than the Y62 V8, at least that is what he said.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I still love my Y61 . Really wish they would go back to what they were . Hate the ZD30 engine though .

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The last of the genuine off road Patrols. It served me well, and the last thing it did was save my life. Farewell my old friend.
Yes i remember reading your post . It is a lovely car. Still have it after cracking a piston and rebuilding the engine in it . Towing is a dream with them . This new Y63 seems to be more orientated to the middle estern market . I can understand that . Not a lot of people are into these kind of cars in Europe . And if i might say , no diesel ? really ?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Y62 was Petrol only (at least in Australia).

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Y62 was Petrol only (at least in Australia).
interesting . I remember waiting for it when i was looking for a replacement for the Y61, never made it to Europe i think .

Local time
Reaction score
Looks like Y63, XTrail senior, is developed for LHD markets with RHD an afterthought again. The first few years the Y62 struggled to sell and only took off in sales in Australia when Nissan considerably lowered the price. Apparently Y63 is not available to around 2026 in Oz.
It would be interesting to if the driveline technology has a failure mode that doesn't leave you stranded with only 2wd like some of the other Nissan 4x4s have done over the years. Hopefully there is a better t/case design in these to achieve permanent 4x4, Y62 uses clutches and has an over complex oil change procedure with special oil that can leave you with out 4x4 if the oil viscosity is not recalibrated. The people I know with Y62 all say they are good comfortable tow vehicles but excessively wear rear tyres if lifted and towing, a few have gone back to standard ride height.
Nissan TCase.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When the old Y62 is at 24-26L/100km towing a 2.5T load, even the new Patrol can go jump. Petrol only in Australia is a waste of time in my personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom