The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Kill Switch from Fuel Pump

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

To my knowledge the only kill switch discussion is about the Ravelco which I"m not putting on the Grenadier (although it's on my other cars.) I want to install a dedicated kill switch from the fuel pump, so that even with my key the truck still can't be driven off easily. Obviously anyone can do anything with enough time, but this is one more step. I bought a switch from Concord Aerospace (SCE - AUX for all that get it) and want to install it overhead in the blank space. Can anyone explain to me if this will work (our fuel pump needs a chip from the key) and how hard the wiring might be?

Thanks

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

To my knowledge the only kill switch discussion is about the Ravelco which I"m not putting on the Grenadier (although it's on my other cars.) I want to install a dedicated kill switch from the fuel pump, so that even with my key the truck still can't be driven off easily. Obviously anyone can do anything with enough time, but this is one more step. I bought a switch from Concord Aerospace (SCE - AUX for all that get it) and want to install it overhead in the blank space. Can anyone explain to me if this will work (our fuel pump needs a chip from the key) and how hard the wiring might be?

Thanks
I fitted a Throttle Control device. One of the settings allows the engine to start but locks the throttle in idle mode... the engine does not respond to the accelerator pedal....

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
Or you could just move away from Los Angeles to a place where people don’t steal cars.
Calling them 'stolen cars' is so passe as it implies an illegal activity has taken place. Fortunately, Los Angeles DA's have removed the inconvenience of being charged with crime - to better support those who are merely liberating resources for deployment elsewhere.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be far, far away…
Hog wash!
I’ve lived in more parts of Los Angeles, and Orange counties than I care to count. And while I never had a car stolen from me, I would never go back.
More recently I’ve lived in San Luis Obispo county and find it a refreshing cowboy frame of mind.
Still you couldn’t pay me to live in California.

Now in attempts to REALLY escape the garbage I spent 10 years living in central and north Idaho.
Keeping far enough distance from Boise, Twin Falls, and Spokane (Especially Spokane…) I found peace.

I’ve since lived on Maui (garbage)
And now found myself settled in South West Victoria Australia. All in efforts to get as far as possible away from the stupidity and decay of western society.

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to completely avoid, but I’d say this is as close as I could get. Bottom line. At all cost. Escape from LA…
1726564836784.jpeg

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hog wash!
I’ve lived in more parts of Los Angeles, and Orange counties than I care to count. And while I never had a car stolen from me, I would never go back.
More recently I’ve lived in San Luis Obispo county and find it a refreshing cowboy frame of mind.

Now in attempts to REALLY escape the garbage I spent 10 years living in central and north Idaho.
Keeping far enough distance from Boise, Twin Falls, and Spokane (Especially Spokane…) I found peace.

And now found myself settled in South West Victoria Australia. All in efforts to get as far as possible away from the stupidity and decay of western society.

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to completely avoid, but I’d say this is as close as I could get. Bottom line. At all cost. Escape from LA…
View attachment 7870442
@LeftCoastOverland : Port Fairy ---wonderful place. The next annual Jazz Festival - Feb 2025 ---fabulous!!:love:(y)

Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Hog wash!

View attachment 7870442
When the rest of world seems like its all assholes, and you’re the only sane man, you may wish to step back and consider the issue may be one of incorrect perspective…..

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks
I haven’t seen anything that someone’s done yet for this. It may be an idea to ask @rusnak for help with regards to the electrical schematics or as mentioned above pull a fuse in the interim.

Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything that someone’s done yet for this. It may be an idea to ask @rusnak for help with regards to the electrical schematics or as mentioned above pull a fuse in the interim.
It's easier to pull the wire from the coil to the distributor.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn't you just have a relay wired in and then the overhead switch to trigger the relay

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While appreciate the moving out comments I’m stuck in CA. My profession is based here as is my wife’s. We could move…but then I couldn’t afford a Grenadier in the first place. As for the kill switch I’m interested to hear more about either the relay or the coil if you can elaborate. I’m going to look into the throttle idea right now though….

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
While appreciate the moving out comments I’m stuck in CA. My profession is based here as is my wife’s. We could move…but then I couldn’t afford a Grenadier in the first place. As for the kill switch I’m interested to hear more about either the relay or the coil if you can elaborate. I’m going to look into the throttle idea right now though….
I assumed that the “coil” suggestion was just a quaint throwback to much earlier times…

Back
Top Bottom