The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New Eibach lift with BFgoodrich 35’s

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
I also joined the 35” Club. Eibach. Reika +35 wheels, and Toyo Open Country RT’s. Zero rubbing. Having chalked my tires mines happy at 42psi. Using the Agile tire bracket that flips the spare around. Clears the rear wiper no problem

Same pic I posted up on the USA facebook group last weekend
Your rig looks amazing. Did you do the lift or did a shop? If a shop, would you recommend?

Cheers

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your rig looks amazing. Did you do the lift or did a shop? If a shop, would you recommend?

Cheers
I used the dealership, RTGT, to install. Paid way too much for the install but I wanted to ultimately be able to point fingers if a warranty issue arises. Any competent shop can do the installation, it’s not rocket science

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
I used the dealership, RTGT, to install. Paid way too much for the install but I wanted to ultimately be able to point fingers if a warranty issue arises. Any competent shop can do the installation, it’s not rocket science
Hey, question for you... I just put 35"x11.5"s on my Grenny with the 2.5" Eibach springs. The installer mentioned that they're concerned that the spare tire might now be too heavy for the OEM bracket on the door - I also have the BlackSheep extension bracket on there to fit the larger tire. They mentioned that there is a bit of a rattle now, but I am wondering if they torqued the bolts correctly.

Have you had any issues with this? Will we end up needing an aftermarket attachment at some point in the future?

Would love to hear from folks on their take. Thanks!

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey, question for you... I just put 35"x11.5"s on my Grenny with the 2.5" Eibach springs. The installer mentioned that they're concerned that the spare tire might now be too heavy for the OEM bracket on the door - I also have the BlackSheep extension bracket on there to fit the larger tire. They mentioned that there is a bit of a rattle now, but I am wondering if they torqued the bolts correctly.

Have you had any issues with this? Will we end up needing an aftermarket attachment at some point in the future?

Pics

Local time
2:03 PM
Reaction score

I have a 35" tire on BS mount, Loctite on all bolts with lock washers and yes, the spare or rear door rattles. Drives me insane!

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Interesting, I have ZERO rattles and am using the Agile Offroad adapter which flips the tire around from stock. The structure of the rear door is beyond strong enough for the added 35ish pounds of the larger tires. My suspicion is that the bolts for the tire bracket were not torqued enough.

Picture of the complex casting of the rear door for reference

Attachments

• IMG_8182.jpeg
    IMG_8182.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Pic of the rear of mine with the Agile offroad bracket

Attachments

• IMG_8651.jpeg
    IMG_8651.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, I have ZERO rattles and am using the Agile Offroad adapter which flips the tire around from stock. The structure of the rear door is beyond strong enough for the added 35ish pounds of the larger tires. My suspicion is that the bolts for the tire bracket were not torqued enough.

Man, I could be totally off on what is making the noise. I need to get back there and have someone drive me around.

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Maybe it's an issue with the BS adapter. I will be checking the torque specs this evening.

Asjtex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hey TelRiden,
I’ve had no issues with rattling and I’m confident that the added weight is no issue for the hinges on the door, they’re pretty heavy duty. I’m sure just some tweaking will solve the problem. BTW…I too have the Black sheep extension.
Steve

TelRidan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey TelRiden,
I’ve had no issues with rattling and I’m confident that the added weight is no issue for the hinges on the door, they’re pretty heavy duty. I’m sure just some tweaking will solve the problem. BTW…I too have the Black sheep extension.
Steve
Thanks. I ran out of time to investigate further yesterday but hope to do so today. Will see if there is any obvious issue there.

Back
Top Bottom