The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I thought I would add some more information on the tube intersection. We wanted a very functional bullbar that would hold up in an impact against an animal. As a result we used a much thicker steel tubing as compared to the OEM. With the thicker stronger tubing you cannot bend a radius as tight as the OEM. If we went with thin OEM tube it would be a purely aesthetic bullbar.

We felt Grenadier customers would opt for function over form in this case. Hopefully that added context to our decision.

John (Owl)
Food for thought. Thanks for the explanation. I would put that at the forefront of your marketing to explain the pigtails.

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 PM
Reaction score
This is just a prototype that was welded by a fab tech not our master welders (they are busy with production). Once in production, the welds will be perfect. If you curious what our welds look like check out our production products.
I have seen the welds on your products.

Your welder/s is/are top tier.

Not kissing up. Just stating fact.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
What is the function of the Bull bar, it seems that they are popular in Australia, is that because of Kangaroo road strikes? Or is it more brush and branch protection? I think that it is the last little bit my Donny Gray IG needs to truly look unfriendly :)

I like the OWL, but wonder if the attachment method would allow it to pivot back more easily? Also the ends are a bit ‘off’. Not horribly so, but my first take was- ‘why is it that way’. It sounds like the gauge of the tube limits the bend ‘window’?

Not a ‘need’ but with a barely 7 foot garage, I can’t put money into roof or lifts, so I have to find other ways to throw money at my IG….

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
What is the function of the Bull bar, it seems that they are popular in Australia, is that because of Kangaroo road strikes?
Animals.
Mostly kangaroos; also deer, wild pigs , cattle , camels and birds. Never koala or drop bears
Also on mallcrawlers, for that macho look.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Animals.
Mostly kangaroos; also deer, wild pigs , cattle , camels and birds. Never koala or drop bears
Also on mallcrawlers, for that macho look.
I can understand that for the protection of animals or branches. I had also thought about getting a bullbar mainly because of the branches and also to tie horses to it. But I decided against it. I have no sympathy for the mallcrawlers. I personally find that ridiculous.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I can understand that for the protection of animals or branches. I had also thought about getting a bullbar mainly because of the branches and also to tie horses to it.
You can attach a wire from the bar to the roofrack to ward off smaller branches , though without a paint protection film you'll still get scratched, especially by certain species of tree.
I'd attach a horse to the recovery loops , using a bridle rope if needed 😄

Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
I can understand that for the protection of animals or branches. I had also thought about getting a bullbar mainly because of the branches and also to tie horses to it. But I decided against it. I have no sympathy for the mallcrawlers. I personally find that ridiculous.
I've got some really nice super deep scratches in the hood of my F250 from just that, tying a horse to the bull bar. He decided to try and take a bite. Lesson learned for me.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
How about mounting a hi Jack to the front bar? I'd love to keep it away from my roof. My other option is to mount to the rear ladder but I'd prefer to keep weight off the ladder.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've got some really nice super deep scratches in the hood of my F250 from just that, tying a horse to the bull bar. He decided to try and take a bite. Lesson learned for me.
Yes, I had that thought too. Even horses, which I value highly, can't judge the value of a vehicle.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Owl just released their made in the USA Bullbar.
$1,699
These are a thicker gauge steel than the OEM bars to offer more protection.
100% bolt on and we have the GP hidden winch mounts on the way so we will verify compatibility as soon as we have one on an Owl Grenaider.
These will be on the website soon and they are already in production.
View attachment 7869366
I'm not a fan of this design. Glad I got the OEM from Africa.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can attach a wire from the bar to the roofrack to ward off smaller branches , though without a paint protection film you'll still get scratched, especially by certain species of tree.
I'd attach a horse to the recovery loops , using a bridle rope if needed 😄
Both good suggestions. But with the wire from the bonnet to the roof, I look like I want to cross the Darien Gap every day. And you have to bend down to tie them to the eyelets. Even the cowboys in the Wild West knew why they installed their wooden beams in front of the saloons to tie up the horses at standing height. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
What is the weight of your bullbar vs the OEM bullbar?
Shipping invoice on my OEM from AUS was 33kg or 72 lbs. Not sure how much of that is cardboard and foam but I'd guess about 10-15lbs.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Both good suggestions. But with the wire from the bonnet to the roof, I look like I want to cross the Darian Gap every day. And you have to bend down to tie them to the eyelets. Even the cowboys in the Wild West knew why they installed their wooden beams in front of the saloons to tie up the horses at standing height. :ROFLMAO:
If you want to successfully complete the Darien Gap you need to buy a used , open topped , previously rolled S2 Land Rover.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you want to successfully complete the Darien Gap you need to buy a used , open topped , previously rolled S2 Land Rover.
I have one. Its in original condition. But it's too good for it and will be sold soon.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have one. Its in original condition. But it's too good for it and will be sold soon.
But some long alloy ladders with the proceeds. And some explosives. You need them for the Darien.

Back
Top Bottom