The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My Experience at 6 weeks - someone who LOVE(S) / LOVE(D) the car (please leave your comments and input)

Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
Someone DM him, and post the dealer.

Just a side note. Posting a bunch of accusations and refusing to identify the perpetrator, while leaving the door open to a couple other possibilities that would be unjustly implicated as a result of the speculation caused, is no less immoral than the alleged behavior in question.

svmaven

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
There’s absolutely no reason for any of this. And customers that purchase 100k vehicles aren’t “beta” testers. That’s a rose colored glasses view of things. Do you think every time BMW releases a new model the owners see themselves as “beta” testers? FFS seriously? U have a G87 M2 one of the first of the factory line. It has had no issues. I don’t spend 80-100k to be a “beta” tester. The problems they are having are bull shit on the best of days. Most of what’s going on never needed to happen. And the software issues are complete BS. My BMW updates almost monthly. And Ineos in almost a year can’t figure out how to fix a fuel gauge error. How it is so many owners can accept absolute crap and think “I’m a beta tester” so “it’s ok” that this 100k vehicle is complete and utter terrible quality control. Water leaking through safari windows isn’t “beta testing” it’s crap build quality.
I leased a BMW i8 and I definitely was a beta tester. I actually didn't mind being a beta tester; what I minded was the factory wouldn't talk to me directly. They'd tell the dealer "We need to replace the entire fuel system because of a sender problem. We'll ship it from Munich." and they'd never tell me what was going on, just they needed a month.

Similar issue with my Porsche Panamera Hybrid. During the pandemic I left the car plugged into the hybrid wall charger and the 12V battery died. Porsche said it was my fault! I asked the dealer for a systems diagram showing how the 12V battery is charged and they said "ask the factory." I asked Porsche customer support and they said "Ask the dealer." It seemed plausible to me the 12V battery would be charged off the hybrid bus and the idea I'd have to plug both ends of the car into the wall never even occurred to me. Still don't have the systems diagram.

Point is Ineos is a startup car company with some great dealers (my dealer in Boise is fabulous) and some apparently not great dealers. And pretty normal OEM refusal by the factory to talk to customers.

My big worry for Ineos is survival: the stop-build caused by Recaro shows how fragile their supply chain is and Ineos is only a going concern as long as it remains somewhat fun for Ratcliffe to keep pouring cash into it.

Back
Top Bottom