The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Looking For Wide Slim-Profile Cargo Case/Storage

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to find a rigid cargo storage bin with a lid that would fit up behind the back seats in the cargo area.

Something vertically short and as long as it can be, but not deep — with the goal being it could always live there without really being in the way of using the cargo area for other things. Also would like a hinged lid.

It would be for stuff I’d always want in there — bungee cords, tools, towels, emergency kit and first aid kit, small battery-powered car jumper thingy — stuff like that.

I’ll probably eventually get the Bison side bins and maybe the Bison cargo roof shelf that you can slide stuff into, but not sure I’d want them for this stuff.

I’ve looked at the expandable canvas ones with lids and I feel like they kind of look sloppy. I found a couple more rigid expandables on Amazon but not sure they’re as good as the pictures.

Long story short, I’m picky.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2223.jpeg
    IMG_2223.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 6

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to find a rigid cargo storage bin with a lid that would fit up behind the back seats in the cargo area.

Something vertically short and as long as it can be, but not deep — with the goal being it could always live there without really being in the way of using the cargo area for other things. Also would like a hinged lid.

It would be for stuff I’d always want in there — bungee cords, tools, towels, emergency kit and first aid kit, small battery-powered car jumper thingy — stuff like that.

I’ll probably eventually get the Bison side bins and maybe the Bison cargo roof shelf that you can slide stuff into, but not sure I’d want them for this stuff.

I’ve looked at the expandable canvas ones with lids and I feel like they kind of look sloppy. I found a couple more rigid expandables on Amazon but not sure they’re as good as the pictures.

Long story short, I’m picky.
Long story short. I have long list for you to look at: :)

STORAGE BOXES
  1. TRED Storage boxes here.;
  2. Expedition 134 Storage boxes, Review here;
  3. Razed Products rooftop storage boxes, Model 1, Model 2 and Model 3;
  4. A full off-road power solution built into an Expedition 134 box here;
  5. Pelican Cargo cases;
  6. Pioneer Storage boxes;
  7. Dometic GO Hard Storage 50L, look here (recommended by @globalgregors);
  8. BOAB Storage Boxes here;
  9. Wolf Pack Pro by Front Runner;
  10. CAOS cases and boxes;
  11. Roof Rack Mount for Front Runner Wolf Pack; and
  12. The Plastic Man, look here.
There is also a large choice in canvas bags, but you stated you would like a hinged lid. A couple of these canvas bags come in handy, there is a whole thread on them here (Australian focused but it gives you ideas). Crashpad, DRIFTA and Blacksmith Camping Supplies is a great place to start.

The Crashpods below are not solid, but they are much more rigid than a normal canvas bag, they have a canvas outer, a thin foam centre and a PVC inner layer. Look for a US source of PVC bags, if interested.

The Blacksmith below is thick canvas but not as rigid as the Crashpod.

underkover canvas do ship to the US.
crashpod.png

BSCS.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom