The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Logsplitter’s travels in his Grenadier.

Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
As is your standard - great photos and a great narrative!

The manual transfer shifter and the transfer case overall is one of the most important things in the truck. Failure with this component is problematic. I think many of us who have a long history driving 4x4 utility vehicles were really pleased to see Ineos go with a manual shifter. It is a bit concerning to see your troubles with the t-case cables. Of course, it must be frustrating for you as well to be addressing this for a second time on the same trip. Good to see Ineos being responsive, and good luck getting this sorted out. As always - safe travels!

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
This strikes me as insufficient given the loads and usage

View attachment 7842551
Ineos know this now and are surely addressing. I will get a fix in Windhoek and will be under the vehicle to check myself.. The cables need to be completely enclosed in a clamp so they can’t fall out. I’m confident I will get fixed. But why didn’t this issue come up in prototype testing. I am over 18k km in and loaded for the whole journey. I’m wondering of all the vehicles that did the 1.8m km of testing how many did that distance loaded and probably 30% dirt roads 🤔. Not many I guess.
I’m doing the testing for them at my expense. 😂. Can’t complain as they have supported me through the issues. It just seems to me as a layman that the issues I’ve had are so basic that they should not have happened.
I could go under this vehicle with an Ineos engineer and identify issues that should not be there in a vehicle built for purpose. Cable fixings, auxiliary radiator fixings and coolant pipe fixings top the list. 👍🏼
Dont get me wrong it’s a great vehicle and I love it All the major components are spot on but fixings for cables pipes and ancillary equipment needs addressing in my view.
Many more thousands of km to go on far rougher roads once I get fixed up in Windhoek.Then i head north into unknown territory for me 🤔

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
I’m doing the testing for them at my expense. 😂. Can’t complain as they have supported me through the issues. It just seems to me as a layman that the issues I’ve had are so basic that they should not have happened.
You are also testing for the rest of us, thank you. :)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
Ineos know this now and are surely addressing. I will get a fix in Windhoek and will be under the vehicle to check myself.. The cables need to be completely enclosed in a clamp so they can’t fall out. I’m confident I will get fixed. But why didn’t this issue come up in prototype testing.
I'm moderately confident that later MY23s should have had this fix already implemented; we did something very similar to your fix on the US PTO2 vehicles early on in the tour last year

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos know this now and are surely addressing. I will get a fix in Windhoek and will be under the vehicle to check myself.. The cables need to be completely enclosed in a clamp so they can’t fall out. I’m confident I will get fixed. But why didn’t this issue come up in prototype testing. I am over 18k km in and loaded for the whole journey. I’m wondering of all the vehicles that did the 1.8m km of testing how many did that distance loaded and probably 30% dirt roads 🤔. Not many I guess.
I could go under this vehicle with an Ineos engineer and identify issues that should not be there in a vehicle built for purpose. Cable fixings, auxiliary radiator fixings and coolant pipe fixings top the list. 👍🏼
Dont get me wrong it’s a great vehicle and I love it All the major components are spot on but fixings for cables pipes and ancillary equipment needs addressing in my view.
Many more thousands of km to go on far rougher roads once I get fixed up in Windhoek.Then i head north into unknown territory for me 🤔

Suggest everyone checks theirs and inspect for any damage to cables. Sure enough mine had dropped down and looks like minor damage to the cable silver foil. Caught just in time I'd say... thanks once again Logsplitter... 😀

Transfer case cables 1markup.jpgTransfer case cables 2 markup.jpg

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
Suggest everyone checks theirs and inspect for any damage to cables. Sure enough mine had dropped down and looks like minor damage to the cable silver foil. Caught just in time I'd say... thanks once again Logsplitter... 😀

View attachment 7842647View attachment 7842648
Checked my mounting (built in 2022!). The cables are absolutely secure in the bracket. The cables can only be pulled out of the bracket with a great deal of force. I can hardly imagine how these cables can come loose while riding.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Checked my mounting (built in 2022!). The cables are absolutely secure in the bracket. The cables can only be pulled out of the bracket with a great deal of force. I can hardly imagine how these cables can come loose while riding.
Same here. No cause for concern as far as my vehicle is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom