The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let’s say that your Grenadier just dies-won’t start or comes to a halt- who do you call?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
During business hours I’d call the dealer and try to work the problem. Outside of that I would assume we are all still under warranty, but what is the towing radius? If outside the radius, what happens? Have AAA, so I think I can move it 100 miles a day with a tow.

In the US, if the IG isn’t drivable during offraoding- a few scenarios:

-Some level of mapped road - I don’t know the heirarchy- but it seems that most ‘trials’ are even fire service roads?
-Mapped 4x4 trail. I assume that you are on your own here. Hopefully you went with people who will be able to assist. But let’s say that you are on your own.
-Unmapped, Big foot territory or open desert.

It seems the first would for a lot of roads that are just dirt roads, a tow-truck/flatbed normal service vehicle should come. I’m thinking something like Rapart Range Road here in CO.
When does a tow, become a recovery, become a rescue?
For more than that a ‘recovery service”??? I’m guessing it would be better to figure that out and contact before something happened.

Do people plan that far out, or is that my OCD coming through?
Or maybe I should start finding friends with CH53s…

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
So the plan(s)? I’d really rather implement a plan than invent a plan, especially at what would be an stressful time.

Somewhat related, why when we have almost limitless memory on the smallest computer chips, and interfaces and computers all over these cars, why do we still need to plug some thing in and read codes to find out the problem with the car? It seems like there should be an app for that, but then I guess we’d have to start talking about the lack of public manual for the vehicle.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
USA: Grenadier Roadside Assistance: 866-882-6411
I have two of these and no one told me about this availability/service during the buying process TWICE!! I am sure there are limits on distance they will go or what they can do, but still all US owners should have this info. Thank you, just saved in my iPhone. Hopefully I never need to utilize. 👍🙏

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
So I try to figure out if I'm on an trail how I'll get out. Got a Garmin inreach for that purpose.
Usually have someone I can call if needed. But I prefer to go with someone so we have redundancy in case of emergency.

For asphalt triple A platinum. Up to 200 miles towing.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
During business hours I’d call the dealer and try to work the problem. Outside of that I would assume we are all still under warranty, but what is the towing radius? If outside the radius, what happens? Have AAA, so I think I can move it 100 miles a day with a tow.

In the US, if the IG isn’t drivable during offraoding- a few scenarios:

-Some level of mapped road - I don’t know the heirarchy- but it seems that most ‘trials’ are even fire service roads?
-Mapped 4x4 trail. I assume that you are on your own here. Hopefully you went with people who will be able to assist. But let’s say that you are on your own.
-Unmapped, Big foot territory or open desert.

It seems the first would for a lot of roads that are just dirt roads, a tow-truck/flatbed normal service vehicle should come. I’m thinking something like Rapart Range Road here in CO.
When does a tow, become a recovery, become a rescue?
For more than that a ‘recovery service”??? I’m guessing it would be better to figure that out and contact before something happened.

Do people plan that far out, or is that my OCD coming through?
Or maybe I should start finding friends with CH53s…

“ official – we’ve partnered with industry leader, Agero, to launch INEOS Grenadier Roadside Assistance in the USA and Canada.

Agero is a family business with over 50 years’ experience, and is proud to now support Grenadier owners like yourself across North America.

You can call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we’ll help you get back on the road. Roadside assistance is free-of-charge during the warranty period of your Grenadier ownership, and includes:
Towing to the nearest authorized service center up to 100 miles
Jump starts
Flat tires
Fuel delivery (up to two gallons)
The number to save in your list of contacts for roadside assistance is 866-882-6411.

You can also call if you have any questions about covered services, including towing for warranty-related incidents.

Your coverage starts now, with additional functionality coming soon, such as the ability to request assistance using a web link.

We hope this comes as exciting news, and brings you added peace of mind. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.” *

You bought 2 from the same dealer? I’d be asking why they didn’t inform you of the tow assistance…….

If you’re off-road then I’d post in the sos thread and see if a member here can lend a hand.

* this is North America only and I was told that it covers non NA vehicles that are visiting as well.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
“ official – we’ve partnered with industry leader, Agero, to launch INEOS Grenadier Roadside Assistance in the USA and Canada.

Agero is a family business with over 50 years’ experience, and is proud to now support Grenadier owners like yourself across North America.

You can call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and we’ll help you get back on the road. Roadside assistance is free-of-charge during the warranty period of your Grenadier ownership, and includes:
Towing to the nearest authorized service center up to 100 miles
Jump starts
Flat tires
Fuel delivery (up to two gallons)
The number to save in your list of contacts for roadside assistance is 866-882-6411.

You can also call if you have any questions about covered services, including towing for warranty-related incidents.

Your coverage starts now, with additional functionality coming soon, such as the ability to request assistance using a web link.

We hope this comes as exciting news, and brings you added peace of mind. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.” *

You bought 2 from the same dealer? I’d be asking why they didn’t inform you of the tow assistance…….

If you’re off-road then I’d post in the sos thread and see if a member here can lend a hand.

* this is North America only and I was told that it covers non NA vehicles that are visiting as well.
Yes same dealership & same salesman. Trust me, I will be texting my sale guy Monday. Besides this little “hiccup” my buying experience with them both have been excellent. I’ve already saved your roadside asst number in my phone. Fingers crossed it is never called. 🤞🙏👍

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 100 mile limit is the challenge with the Ineos tow side assistance.
It's just not enough service centers outside LA and Houston for the 100 mile to be enough to get me to a service center. I think they should have given 200 miles, or 100 miles plus once a year 200 mile tow to a service center.

Back
Top Bottom