The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Knee Replacement

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 PM
Reaction score
OK, more of a campfire discussion, although Grenadier related because it’s likely to stop me from driving it for a month or so.

After a long time of pain and the last six months (3 in a brace) of not being able to walk much further than a few hundred metres without pulling up sore, I’m booked in for a full right knee replacement in the first week of June. No alternative, it’s apparently stuffed (proper medical term for it).

I assume rightly or wrongly that within the demographic here there may be some experience with this.

So, partly to eleviate or confirm my various concerns about this, I thought I’d seek the general consensus of the Grenious Forum Swarm around the real world experience of what I can expect in terms of the initial replacement, length of time before I can start to bushwalk properly etc etc, and perhaps dos and don’ts from those that have been throught this without having to consult Youtube etc.

So, what do I have to look forward to?

Oh, I’m 60 next month, 20+kgs overweight but relatively fit for all of that, with daily walking of 5-10km and karate twice a week the norm until this became a problem.
Mne is scheduled for the 29th! Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom