The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Jumpstart Post

Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the jumpstart post in the engine bay as a source of power for something like a winch? It appears to use a heavy gauge wire which I would think is sufficient to power a winch.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the jumpstart post in the engine bay as a source of power for something like a winch? It appears to use a heavy gauge wire which I would think is sufficient to power a winch.
It's a high amp lug but I cannot recall if it was winch capable. DR Roks manual may help.

Local time
Reaction score
When I figure out my winch mounting solution then I’ll give it a try and see if anything burns up :). At the moment there isn’t a winch solution that I like that I am willing to pay for. The “Grenadier Tax” real but will likely come down over the next year or so. I lived through the same thing when the new bronco came out.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the high output wiring. It has a winch power tap behind the passengers side headlight. I'm sure it connects to the jumpstart taps. I know that gp factor knows how this is wired, I talked to him about it a few months ago. I'm waiting for his winch solution to ship to me.

He researched how to install a winch without the high load output wiring installed.

Local time
Reaction score
I have the high output wiring. It has a winch power tap behind the passengers side headlight. I'm sure it connects to the jumpstart taps. I know that gp factor knows how this is wired, I talked to him about it a few months ago. I'm waiting for his winch solution to ship to me.

He researched how to install a winch without the high load output wiring installed.
I’m guessing that this is the GP Factor solution that you are waiting on.

It is certainly well thought out but damn that is expensive. I’m hoping for something similar that will accept a standard 12,000 pound winch. I don’t mind if it sticks out the top.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't find a lot of less expensive options yet on the market. I like the hidden winch myself.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score

Positive does indeed connect to the jumpstart box…….at least on RHD cars

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
I'm using an extra lug in the jumper box for my winch, no ill effects as of yet. It is very substantially sized

Back
Top Bottom