The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Jumpstart Post

Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the jumpstart post in the engine bay as a source of power for something like a winch? It appears to use a heavy gauge wire which I would think is sufficient to power a winch.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone used the jumpstart post in the engine bay as a source of power for something like a winch? It appears to use a heavy gauge wire which I would think is sufficient to power a winch.
It's a high amp lug but I cannot recall if it was winch capable. DR Roks manual may help.

Local time
Reaction score
When I figure out my winch mounting solution then I’ll give it a try and see if anything burns up :). At the moment there isn’t a winch solution that I like that I am willing to pay for. The “Grenadier Tax” real but will likely come down over the next year or so. I lived through the same thing when the new bronco came out.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the high output wiring. It has a winch power tap behind the passengers side headlight. I'm sure it connects to the jumpstart taps. I know that gp factor knows how this is wired, I talked to him about it a few months ago. I'm waiting for his winch solution to ship to me.

He researched how to install a winch without the high load output wiring installed.

Back
Top Bottom