The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

James Baroud RTT on Pioneer rack

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:07 PM
Reaction score
Good evening All

I'm about to get set up for a summer of camping and realised that the rails on the pioneer rack (ordered with the IG) and the channels on the bottom of the James Baroud Grand Raid XL RTT travel in the same direction. Therefore, not as easy to fix the rack without drilling holes in the platform, which I'd rather not do.

Has anyone fitted a JB to their pioneer rack? What was the solution?

I've mailed Rhino & JBs but not answer yet.

I see all the other rack systems out there for the IG, that might be a simpler job to fix too but I'm not about to change out the pioneer just yet considering what I paid for it ......! I might do so in the future once the dust has settled on the initial puchase :)

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good evening All

I'm about to get set up for a summer of camping and realised that the rails on the pioneer rack (ordered with the IG) and the channels on the bottom of the James Baroud Grand Raid XL RTT travel in the same direction. Therefore, not as easy to fix the rack without drilling holes in the platform, which I'd rather not do.

I see all the other rack systems out there for the IG, that might be a simpler job to fix too but I'm not about to change out the pioneer just yet considering what I paid for it ......! I might do so in the future once the dust has settled on the initial puchase :)

I’ve had to make an adaption to fit front runner Jerry can holders to the rhino pioneer rack. We simply got some extrusion/slats from a roof rack possible front runner and bolted these across ways / right angles to the rhino rack then you can easily fit any accessories to that. It would certainly work for what you are doing.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had to make an adaption to fit front runner Jerry can holders to the rhino pioneer rack. We simply got some extrusion/slats from a roof rack possible front runner and bolted these across ways / right angles to the rhino rack then you can easily fit any accessories to that. It would certainly work for what you are doing.
Thanks, LS. That’s sounds like a plan! Were you able to buy FR profiles as spares?

Actually, come to think of it, I have an old LR3 exhibition rack that I could cannibalise. Would have to gauge its strength etc 🧐👍

Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Good evening All

Gday.
Just saw this post as I searched for "James Baroud and Rhino Rack" hoping someone had done it already! Did you sort this issue successfully? My Grand Raid XXL just turned up and I realised the same thing you did! Anyt help appreciated!

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
Gday.
Just saw this post as I searched for "James Baroud and Rhino Rack" hoping someone had done it already! Did you sort this issue successfully? My Grand Raid XXL just turned up and I realised the same thing you did! Anyt help appreciated!
I have the Rhino crossbars for my Grand Rais XXL, but shouldn't these brackets
also fit in the rack? It would be important to have rubber strips in the rack so that there is really no movement in the direction of travel.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have the Rhino crossbars for my Grand Rais XXL, but shouldn't these brackets
also fit in the rack? It would be important to have rubber strips in the rack so that there is really no movement in the direction of travel.
Yes these brackets fit the cross bars only. Also order some vortex rubber strips so the RTT T track sits nicely on them without scratching or slipping.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_8249.jpegIMG_8245.jpegIMG_8247.jpeg

Only solution was to drip into the rack and slot the JB fittings through the bars and secure underneath. Now, I took the rack off to do this and lifted it onto the car with a forklift (in work).
With the rack being so heavy, propping it up on the roof to do it wasn’t an option.

In fairness to JB, I reached out to them on it and sent them dims of the rack etc. They said they’d look for a solution but I did t follow up with them after the holiday as I kinda found my own solution! Attaching it this way also keeps it flat to the rack and limits and noise from the rtt.

Back
Top Bottom