The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

It is happening, Long Range America is building Fuel tanks for both Grenadiers

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
For those of us in the U.K. that are interested in the auxiliary fuel tank from long range America. I’ve been in touch with them but they don’t currently ship to the U.K. I’ve been speaking to @RyanT at Buzz Special vehicles and they can help facilitate shipping from the USA via OK4WD as they are agents for Buzz kit in the USA and Buzz agents for GP factor kit in the U.K. so have regular shipments both ways.
So once I hear more from Long Range America re release date and costs etc. we can then do a show of hands and try and sort the shipping via Buzz.
For those that are interested please reach out to Long Range America and register your interest as this will give them an idea of likely demand in the U.K. and farther afield.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have heard no more from Long Range America and Brown Davis have not replied at all. But one thing that was flagged up to me by @RyanT was that a potential problem could be if the Petrol engine Grenadier has an EVAP system (evaporative emissions control system) this could cause problems if just putting a Y join in the pipe between the main fuel tank and filler cap to connect the auxiliary fuel tank to. I’ve reached out to the technician at Harwoods and as far as they are aware the Grenadier just has a charcoal canister to deal with petrol fumes. Does anyone have any further insight into this. 🤔

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
I have heard no more from Long Range America and Brown Davis have not replied at all. But one thing that was flagged up to me by @RyanT was that a potential problem could be if the Grenadier has an EVAP (evaporative emissions control system) this could cause problems if just putting a Y join in the pipe between the main fuel tank and filler cap to connect the auxiliary fuel tank to. I’ve reached out to the technician at Harwoods and as far as they are aware the Grenadier just has a charcoal canister to deal with petrol fumes. Does anyone have any further insight into this. 🤔
All modern petrol vehicles have EVAP systems, and the Y join for filler is how LRA does all of their aux tanks without issue. If I remember correctly from their 5th Gen 4Runner tank, their aux tank also ties into the factory evap system in addition to the factory tank.

Honestly, I believe that LRA used their postings as a "proof of market interest" test rather than actually meaning they have anything ready for sale; especially as they have yet to even decide upon a tank size. Given their speed to market of other tanks, I wouldn't expect any further news from them until the end of the year or later

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All modern petrol vehicles have EVAP systems, and the Y join for filler is how LRA does all of their aux tanks without issue. If I remember correctly from their 5th Gen 4Runner tank, their aux tank also ties into the factory evap system in addition to the factory tank.

Honestly, I believe that LRA used their postings as a "proof of market interest" test rather than actually meaning they have anything ready for sale; especially as they have yet to even decide upon a tank size. Given their speed to market of other tanks, I wouldn't expect any further news from them until the end of the year or later
Thanks for clearing that up. Hence not much communication 👍🏼

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score

My 200 series has the evap and charcoal canister that the LRA system integrates into

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
I have heard no more from Long Range America and Brown Davis have not replied at all. But one thing that was flagged up to me by @RyanT was that a potential problem could be if the Petrol engine Grenadier has an EVAP system (evaporative emissions control system) this could cause problems if just putting a Y join in the pipe between the main fuel tank and filler cap to connect the auxiliary fuel tank to. I’ve reached out to the technician at Harwoods and as far as they are aware the Grenadier just has a charcoal canister to deal with petrol fumes. Does anyone have any further insight into this. 🤔

There looks to be an evap canister just aft of the rear springs and above the muffler. Unless someone slipped an AdBlue tank into our petrol model.

Back
Top Bottom