The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Interior Pics - PT02

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
I found the interior quality to be quite nice as well given that it was still a prototype. Certainly not luxurious, but high quality nonetheless. Storage is limited, but that will simply force me to pair down the amount of tools and supplies I constantly lug around… my GMC Sierra has so much storage that I always end up bringing along items that I rarely (if ever) need. May put a Ketzal organizer in there to keep everything tidy. Works well for the RRC.

Not to bring the thread more off topic, (but also, to further the off topic conversation…) I nearly always have a Glock 26 (or larger caliber) with me, with very specific storage spots in my vehicles. Feel naked without it. But my wife and I are planning a trip around the globe, and I was shocked at how strict (also nonsensical) the European laws are for carrying a simple Swiss Army knife! Confusing and inconsistent rules across many countries. Different worlds indeed, having grown up in the Southern US and worked/lived in the Western US for years. I think back to previous family or school trips in Europe where I brought a locking pocket knife along. Glad I was not stopped by law enforcement!

Anyways, interesting to hear differing viewpoints and experiences in such a matter.
Visit Australia! No problems. Don't carry weapons, just pack your wisdom.
View: https://youtu.be/pwgzINrRQpY

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Visit Australia! No problems. Don't carry weapons, just pack your wisdom.
View: https://youtu.be/pwgzINrRQpY
In fact, I will be heading there! My parents visited last fall for a good amount of time. Travelled most of the country and returned blown away at how much they enjoyed it. My wife and I are now applying for working holiday visas in Australia…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
In fact, I will be heading there! My parents visited last fall for a good amount of time. Travelled most of the country and returned blown away at how much they enjoyed it. My wife and I are now applying for working holiday visas in Australia…
Make sure you pop across the pond to the little southern island!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I found the interior quality to be quite nice as well given that it was still a prototype. Certainly not luxurious, but high quality nonetheless. Storage is limited, but that will simply force me to pair down the amount of tools and supplies I constantly lug around… my GMC Sierra has so much storage that I always end up bringing along items that I rarely (if ever) need. May put a Ketzal organizer in there to keep everything tidy. Works well for the RRC.

Not to bring the thread more off topic, (but also, to further the off topic conversation…) I nearly always have a Glock 26 (or larger caliber) with me, with very specific storage spots in my vehicles. Feel naked without it. But my wife and I are planning a trip around the globe, and I was shocked at how strict (also nonsensical) the European laws are for carrying a simple Swiss Army knife! Confusing and inconsistent rules across many countries. Different worlds indeed, having grown up in the Southern US and worked/lived in the Western US for years. I think back to previous family or school trips in Europe where I brought a locking pocket knife along. Glad I was not stopped by law enforcement!

Anyways, interesting to hear differing viewpoints and experiences in such a matter.
I have travelled throughout Australia, Bali, New Zealand, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Samoa, Fiji, China, Thailand, Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Austria, South Africa, Lesotho, UAE & Singapore and never needed a weapon of any kind other than common sense and good manners.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have travelled throughout Australia, Bali, New Zealand, Vanuatu, New Caledonia, Samoa, Fiji, China, Thailand, Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Austria, South Africa, Lesotho, UAE & Singapore and never needed a weapon of any kind other than common sense and good manners.
That’s because you haven’t been to the good ol US of A. 😉😂😂

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Agreed. Common sense and being aware goes a long way. Never felt truly unsafe while traveling outside of the US, either. I just find it a bit silly that one has to have an articulable justification (that is largely subjective) for having a Swiss Army knife on oneself (depending on which Western European country). It would make for a pretty poor weapon overall, but is perfect for many tasks from fixing eye glasses, to opening a bottle of wine on a picnic. Very utilitarian, and why I like to have one around.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. Common sense and being aware goes a long way. Never felt truly unsafe while traveling outside of the US, either. I just find it a bit silly that one has to have an articulable justification (that is largely subjective) for having a Swiss Army knife on oneself (depending on which Western European country). It would make for a pretty poor weapon overall, but is perfect for many tasks from fixing eye glasses, to opening a bottle of wine on a picnic. Very utilitarian, and why I like to have one around.
Never had a problem carrying a pocket knife in Europe, always travel with an Opinel No.10.
As you say, you never know when a saucisson and/or bordeaux might leap into the frame.

edit: don’t be taking it to museums though…!

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score

I don’t think you have a problem with a Swiss Army knife in Europe. You are just not allowed to take it in a plane.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
I just find it a bit silly that one has to have an articulable justification (that is largely subjective) for having a Swiss Army knife on oneself (depending on which Western European country).
Which country requires that?

Never had a problem carrying a pocket knife in Europe, always travel with an Opinel No.10.
As you say, you never know when a saucisson and/or bordeaux might leap into the frame.
I think that model would fall outside the general exemption in England, both on blade length and locking mechanism?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which country requires that?

I think that model would fall outside the general exemption in England, both on blade length and locking mechanism?
Indeed, that was my point: that the law exceeds what is typically enforced wrt visitors.
Presuming one isn’t brandishing it as a weapon but rather has it on hand/at the bottom of a bag for the purposes mentioned.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here in the UK, despite strict laws saying otherwise, they really don't care what you carry in your vehicle as long as it doesn't go bang. Any type of firearm is a complete no no. Baseball bats, Machetes, carving knife. The most that is likely to happen, unless actually used in the wrong way, would be confiscation of said article.
As much as I love firearms and would carry one if legal to do so, in my 60 plus years I have never experienced a situation where I wished I actually had one on my person whilst travelling.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As much as I love firearms and would carry one if legal to do so, in my 60 plus years I have never experienced a situation where I wished I actually had one on my person whilst travelling.
A flare is a much better deterrent. Fits in a handbag too!

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A significant chunk of the market for this car in the UK does include shotgun and (in fewer case
s) rifle owners who seek somewhere to store a firearm while on the move. It's rarely catered for among manufacturers. The key thing is to have somewhere safe, concealed and ideally secure. This is not a "just in case" need. You would only transport a firearm for a specific use. The police would take a dim view if you left your car for any length of time with a gun on board, if the car was subsequently stolen. Equally it's unwise to drive around an urban area with an accessible blade of any size beyond a pen knife. It's a pity the Grenadier hasn't such a useful built in lockable and discrete space but no doubt there will be accessories in the wings.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here in the UK, despite strict laws saying otherwise, they really don't care what you carry in your vehicle as long as it doesn't go bang.
I'm certainly not sure that is true. The law is very clear and you gamble with big stakes if you take that view.

Back
Top Bottom