The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
It’s actually not. I have factories all over Europe. The “short-work” insurance programs offered by government allows employers to retain their employees on payroll - it’s reduced, but high enough to where you don’t have big attrition numbers. It provides stability for the employee, and allows the employer to restart much faster. The Hambach team are professionals. Either Ineos buys out the Recaro operation, or gets a license to the design and finds a 3rd party to build the seats, or provides a liquidity bridge, or an alternate supplier - and then assembly reboots. I’ve been through it a few times, myself. I think the more important questions are about the strategy for the service network, and the EV 2030 deadline, and what that means in terms of their market mix and production site strategy - the seat thing has an effect now, but i don’t think is really something that will derail them.
I agree with that too

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
Not at all, just being a realist and looking at the big picture and considering a likely scenario
MattA, do you own a Grenadier? I’m not saying you can’t come on this forum and say what you want, but the grim outlook you write about comes from someone outside looking in (if indeed you don’t own one). Because if you owned one, you know how much pleasure it brings you and whether the negative Nannie’s try their hardest to make prospective buyers shy away from this AWESOME vehicle, there will be us that do own one and will champion their greatness!! Yes I am saying it, less than 2 year old vehicle is GREAT!! It’s like someone who talks crap about a certain country, but has never been or puts down a restaurant but never ate there. I know not all owners are in love with these vehicles, but I believe it is a very high percentage!!

Last edited:

Tenac

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread here, but curious if Ineos and maybe another would partner to buy the seat production of Recaro?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread here, but curious if Ineos and maybe another would partner to buy the seat production of Recaro?
I'm about to start a kick starter campaign to buy the company so I can get these seats and have them start building my Quartermaster

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
I about to start a kick starter campaign so I can get these seats and have them start building my Quartermaster
While you are at it start one to buy a Grenadier and document it being fully broken down to generate a workshop manual, would sell like a selling thing.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As owners, perhaps we can fund some industrial espionage. Pay an Ineos Automotive janitor to make copies of EVERYTHING, publicly release it, and then pay for our thief’s relocation and identity change. 🥸

Obtaining basic information on “our” vehicles’ maintenance and upkeep might be considered theft. 🤣 Odd.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
By now Ineos will be paying the unofficial manual that has been created here

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By now Ineos will be paying the unofficial manual that has been created here
I was jesting but when you think about it it could be a goer. If you could get 300 to 500 owners to pitch in, buy the vehicle (the worst specced cancelled order festering on some poor dealers lot - should get a deal...) and pay to have it dismantled and fully documented, then sell the parts to recoup some costs (I have first dibs on the grab handle). You never know, just listing the idea on Kickstarter might motivate Ineos to pull their finger out and release the workshop manual in order to keep control.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I was jesting but when you think about it it could be a goer. If you could get 300 to 500 owners to pitch in, buy the vehicle (the worst specced cancelled order festering on some poor dealers lot - should get a deal...) and pay to have it dismantled and fully documented, then sell the parts to recoup some costs (I have first dibs on the grab handle). You never know, just listing the idea on Kickstarter might motivate Ineos to pull their finger out and release the workshop manual in order to keep control.
We already have @Rok_Dr manual Supplement

We already have our Grenadier and if we make a synthesis of all that has already been dismantled with pictures and videos we start to have quite a lot of documentation...

Maybee missing a DIY service section with parts?
(I haven't yet explored everything that's been posted on this forum, so maybe it already exists.)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
I think the seat issue, slow sales , lack of service availability and service manuals, war uncertainties and general economy problems will all contribute to the slow death of Grenadier and in a few years if not sooner all production will cease and the company will fold owing millions to suppliers
I desperately hope I am wrong though
Or a sell out to the Chinese. You also have to take in to account Sir Jim's is not getting any young. IMHO he already had a short attention span and moves on from projects ( cycling, yatching, F1, Belstaff, Hand sanitizer, Manchester United et al) quickly and Ineos petrochemical in Grangemouth is closing it's operation next year with the loss of 400 jobs as the world (well UK) moves away from oil.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We already have @Rok_Dr manual Supplement

We already have our Grenadier and if we make a synthesis of all that has already been dismantled with pictures and videos we start to have quite a lot of documentation...

Maybee missing a DIY service section with parts?
(I haven't yet explored everything that's been posted on this forum, so maybe it already exists.)
We have all done an amazing job of gathering bits and pieces of information about the Grenadier but we really have only scratched the surface in terms of a proper workshop manual. For example take the ABS tone ring; most of us don't know what or where it is, or how vulnerable it is to damage and the mischief it can cause when damaged. Unless I am mistaken no one knows how to remove it and if it can be repaired instead of replaced. But if you are in the middle of nowhere with a damaged ABS tone ring and your car in limp mode it sure would be nice to have a workshop manual to guide you or the local bush mechanic on how to fix it.

Last edited:

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
We have all done an amazing job of gathering bits and pieces of information about the Grenadier but we really have only scratched the surface in terms of a proper workshop manual. For example take the ABS tone ring; most of us don't know what or where it is, or how vulnerable it is to damage and the mischief it can cause when damaged. Unless I am mistaken no one knows how to remove it and if it can be repaired instead of replaced. But if you are in the middle of nowhere with a damaged ABS tone ring and your car in limp mode it sure would be nice to have a workshop manual to guide you or the local bush mechanic on how to fix it.
You're right and I'm angry every day that I don't have the promised (offline) documentation or trying to figure out if a new noise is normal or if it means an upcoming issue

Nevertheless, in the meantime, as problems arise, we're gradually learning how to deal with them.
Some distributors play along and provide under-the-counter screenshots of what they have access to.

Conversely, if you wait until INEOS deigns to provide the documentation, you run the risk of not having much for a long time.

It's probably INEOS's biggest mistake not to rely on our community of passionate owners, who are also its first ambassadors.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Or a sell out to the Chinese. You also have to take in to account Sir Jim's is not getting any young. IMHO he already had a short attention span and moves on from projects ( cycling, yatching, F1, Belstaff, Hand sanitizer, Manchester United et al) quickly and Ineos petrochemical in Grangemouth is closing it's operation next year with the loss of 400 jobs as the world (well UK) moves away from oil.
Grangemouth was threatened when BP owned it, he has extended it longer than anticipated. Trouble is we have a government that is hell bent on destroying the industrial fabric of our once great country! TTS is a ****ing nightmare!

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just heard the Ineos automotive owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has sold the design and tooling of the Grenadier to JLR!
I heard that IA have decided to go fully inclusive (woke to you and me) to attract a younger generation.
Rebranded to Ineos Grenaperson.
Only available in Rainbow colouring
Fully vegan at the factory
Seats changed to sofas wide enough for people with large bones.
13" wheels so vertically challenged people are not discriminated against
Engine changed for a 1.3.
Brakes renamed breaks as millennials weren't taught to spell.
Bonnet renamed as head covering.
Tyres (tires) renamed pneus to avoid arguments
Nike and Harley marketing people employed.
Infoscreen changed to permanently displaying Tik Tok videos.
All existing vehicles on a compulsory retrofit of the above.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
I heard that IA have decided to go fully inclusive (woke to you and me) to attract a younger generation.
Rebranded to Ineos Grenaperson.
Only available in Rainbow colouring
Fully vegan at the factory
Seats changed to sofas wide enough for people with large bones.
13" wheels so vertically challenged people are not discriminated against
Engine changed for a 1.3.
Brakes renamed breaks as millennials weren't taught to spell.
Bonnet renamed as head covering.
Tyres (tires) renamed pneus to avoid arguments
Nike and Harley marketing people employed.
Infoscreen changed to permanently displaying Tik Tok videos.
All existing vehicles on a compulsory retrofit of the above.
1728653579737.gif

Back
Top Bottom