The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
It’s actually not. I have factories all over Europe. The “short-work” insurance programs offered by government allows employers to retain their employees on payroll - it’s reduced, but high enough to where you don’t have big attrition numbers. It provides stability for the employee, and allows the employer to restart much faster. The Hambach team are professionals. Either Ineos buys out the Recaro operation, or gets a license to the design and finds a 3rd party to build the seats, or provides a liquidity bridge, or an alternate supplier - and then assembly reboots. I’ve been through it a few times, myself. I think the more important questions are about the strategy for the service network, and the EV 2030 deadline, and what that means in terms of their market mix and production site strategy - the seat thing has an effect now, but i don’t think is really something that will derail them.
I agree with that too

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Not at all, just being a realist and looking at the big picture and considering a likely scenario
MattA, do you own a Grenadier? I’m not saying you can’t come on this forum and say what you want, but the grim outlook you write about comes from someone outside looking in (if indeed you don’t own one). Because if you owned one, you know how much pleasure it brings you and whether the negative Nannie’s try their hardest to make prospective buyers shy away from this AWESOME vehicle, there will be us that do own one and will champion their greatness!! Yes I am saying it, less than 2 year old vehicle is GREAT!! It’s like someone who talks crap about a certain country, but has never been or puts down a restaurant but never ate there. I know not all owners are in love with these vehicles, but I believe it is a very high percentage!!

Last edited:

Tenac

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread here, but curious if Ineos and maybe another would partner to buy the seat production of Recaro?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
I'll admit I haven't read the whole thread here, but curious if Ineos and maybe another would partner to buy the seat production of Recaro?
I'm about to start a kick starter campaign to buy the company so I can get these seats and have them start building my Quartermaster

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
I about to start a kick starter campaign so I can get these seats and have them start building my Quartermaster
While you are at it start one to buy a Grenadier and document it being fully broken down to generate a workshop manual, would sell like a selling thing.

Back
Top Bottom