The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
They are well on the way to finding a solution. It won't take forever for the press releases to go out. Just be patient a little longer.

They may be able to sell the car in China without seats. It'll take the manufacturing sector there about ten minutes to produce a workable substitute.

Just kidding of course.

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I received a text and email from my Salesman last evening. It said my vin is good and the ETA is Nov 24 any additional information. he will let me know. I'm hopeful I may get it. The port strike will affect things if it goes on longer than one -two weeks for sure.
I constantly search for anything on the Grenadier. I found a business in Germany who make a magnificent all carbon fiber I bought it immediately, high quality 1453.00 € the company is RaceFoxx. The grill goes up and meets the bonnet/hood. The vehicle becomes more masculine looking.
Have a look at the pictures, notice how the carbon fiber raps around the sides of the bonnet/hood. In 10 days the price jumper up! (€1690.00 ) When it arrives I will install into the middle a set of 7" rectangular white fog lamps. I bought from OWL Outdoor their new brush bar, they should go together nicely. I'll post pictures to show how I added the LED fogs.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
They may be able to sell the car in China without seats. It'll take the manufacturing sector there about ten minutes to produce a workable substitute.

Just kidding of course.
As I always attach great importance to quality, that would not be an option for me.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
I received a text and email from my Salesman last evening. It said my vin is good and the ETA is Nov 24 any additional information. he will let me know. I'm hopeful I may get it. The port strike will affect things if it goes on longer than one -two weeks for sure.
I constantly search for anything on the Grenadier. I found a business in Germany who make a magnificent all carbon fiber I bought it immediately, high quality 1453.00 € the company is RaceFoxx. The grill goes up and meets the bonnet/hood. The vehicle becomes more masculine looking.
Have a look at the pictures, notice how the carbon fiber raps around the sides of the bonnet/hood. In 10 days the price jumper up! (€1690.00 ) When it arrives I will install into the middle a set of 7" rectangular white fog lamps. I bought from OWL Outdoor their new brush bar, they should go together nicely. I'll post pictures to show how I added the LED fogs.

I have never seen rockfoxx.com before. Is this a genuine company? Some parts are quite cheap.

Local time
Reaction score
They were excellent to deal with, they sent me 4 emails with receipts and all, I also bought from them the black stainless for the ceiling controls, they come in 3 pieces to replace the plastic. https://rockfoxx.com/INEOS-Grenadier-Roof-Console-Covers-Set-of-3-Stainless-Steel-black they have it in Stainless too. https://rockfoxx.com/INEOS-Grenadier-Roof-Console-Covers-Set-of-3-Stainless-Steel-various-colours They also make it for your console in 3 pieces. For my console I bought carbon Fiber in 3 pieces. I bought so much stuff I will be very disappointed If I have to buy another brand. My garage has 7-8K in stuff. I have the hard wheel cover like a G550 made for Grenadier. My Carbon Fiber Grill is on a plane now with DHL. and I'm tracking it. every day.

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
They were excellent to deal with, they sent me 4 emails with receipts and all, I also bought from them the black stainless for the ceiling controls, they come in 3 pieces to replace the plastic. https://rockfoxx.com/INEOS-Grenadier-Roof-Console-Covers-Set-of-3-Stainless-Steel-black they have it in Stainless too. https://rockfoxx.com/INEOS-Grenadier-Roof-Console-Covers-Set-of-3-Stainless-Steel-various-colours They also make it for your console in 3 pieces. For my console I bought carbon Fiber in 3 pieces. I bought so much stuff I will be very disappointed If I have to buy another brand. My garage has 7-8K in stuff. I have the hard wheel cover like a G550 made for Grenadier. My Carbon Fiber Grill is on a plane now with DHL. and I'm tracking it. every day.
Where do you see the carbon fiber console pieces on their site, I am only seeing the stainless and the black stainless

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
..... Sales figures remain low, even though there has been a slight improvement over the past two months. In Germany, we're talking about quantities of around +10 vehicles or so — nothing more. In the UK, things remain poor; only the U.S. market is still performing well.
Where are you getting the +10 vehicles in Germany from, is that per day/month/year?

This is what the Stuttgart dealer's lot looked like when I was there in July of 2023. I think I counted about 60 Grenadiers. The sales guy told me they were all being prepped for customer deliveries.

(Notice my rental Porsche :) that thing was a blast!)

Grenadier Dealer Stuttgart.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
No this site doesn't have it. The carbon fiber items are direct from China. You must be very careful or you will end up with fake PVC .
eBay has lots of it. ex. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1350190923...pid=5338980679&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1
Some of the Carbon Fiber will be hard like the example. Many pieces are soft carbon fiber. It is very thin attached to 3M tape with an acrylic. ex: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1348827935...pid=5338980679&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1
I bought enough to look nice and not cheap. If interested I could give you the list of the pieces I bought if you are interested. I figured from the start I'll buy stuff and if I don't like it I'll trash it.
I'm happy with these purchases. Even the tray on the dash can have carbon fiber. ex: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1348391001...pid=5338980679&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1
I also bought some items from Aliexpress.

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
Why do you think China has no relation to this kind of car? They love the G-wagon so much they already cloned it. I made this photo a few weeks ago. It is a bejing G. Such a detailed copy people are able to mount the original Mercedes front to the car in order to pretend it is the original. 🤣
In Shanghai at least, its very difficult to be able to buy a new internal combustion car. You have to join a lottery to get the license plate, if you succeed you pay a very hefty fee for it (IIRC it was about $40,000 USD equivalent).

If on the other hand you buy an electric vehicle, there is no lottery and the license plate is free.

As a result EV's are selling like hot-cakes there.

Back
Top Bottom