The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Slbx2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
See it’s info like this I need!! And the humor added in didn’t go unnoticed as it made me LOL!! Why I am concerned is as usual the lack of info put out by Ineos. I have actually spoken to 3 different dealerships and even their own USA dealers couldn’t answer my questions about the shutdown. Could you imagine all the time and money spent opening a dealership on a relatively unknown brand new vehicle and a year into it finding out the home office is temporarily halting new vehicles being produced? That has to be a seriously uneasy feeling. On a different note, it’s 4am and in 2 hours I get to get into one of my Grenadiers and go get donuts for the family. It’s been a while since I have been just happy to go run errands (even if it’s just for donuts/food) so I can drive one of my beauties! 🙃😎

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Right I totally get this and like I have said previously, I own TWO of these beautiful rides. I call them the “Lego SUV” to my family/friends when I explain why I purchased them and what they are. I don’t think that most potential suv buyers shopping realize just how many great parts by really great companies have been used on this vehicle. It’s pretty amazing what they have done to be honest. However, I should have worded it better. My bad. Will Ineos still have staff that will get these parts in, label them “Ineos” (maybe I am wrong & someone will point this out, but I don’t think Ineos gets their parts from Eibach/Bilstein/Bosch/Eaton/Tremec etc etc already painted and labeled “Ineos”) and send to the dealers as needed? When I hear a plant is halted and employees are on partial pay, to me this means EVERYTHING is shut down including tech and if no software update coming anytime soon (the one out now has been halted as causes info center shut downs I have been told), then the beeps and other annoying issues will continue for some time now.
Just to add to Shopkeep's post, car production lines are tailored for assembly speed.
A kit of parts for each assembly station is delivered on a just in time basis, sequenced to each vehicle, normally just a few hours ahead.
These kits are specifically made, so for example the dashboard will arrive as a completed assembly in a bespoke carrier with the fixing bolts in a plastic tray with a slot for each bolt that can be picked straight from the tray with the torx driver.
So nothing is touched by Ineos until it hits the assembly station.

It will be unlikely that the development teams have been sent home, but I am only surmising here.

Slbx2

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Just to add to Shopkeep's post, car production lines are tailored for assembly speed.
A kit of parts for each assembly station is delivered on a just in time basis, sequenced to each vehicle, normally just a few hours ahead.
These kits are specifically made, so for example the dashboard will arrive as a completed assembly in a bespoke carrier with the fixing bolts in a plastic tray with a slot for each bolt that can be picked straight from the tray with the torx driver.
So nothing is touched by Ineos until it hits the assembly station.
Wow didn’t know this. VERY interesting and streamlined!! Any info on the tech side? Are engineers/software people still working on updates? I don’t know if they are at the plant or different locations. From all this new info I am reading, they probably have their own location and hopefully are working on the software update. 🤞

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
We all have to wait what will happen. I knew weeks before my dealer that a local supplier of an integral part of the body would stop production because someone from the factory talked to a friend of mine.
My dealer told me this would be a hoax as he recently talked to Lynn Calder who informed the dealers of marketing strategies and future projects.
He told me if Ineos would stop the car he
A.) would buy some Grenadiers for himself as they would rise in value
and
B.) that Ineos would have to pay quite a lot of money to the dealership as they have long time contracts.

Nevertheless we talked these days and he said that it is quite disturbing that the part distributes and so some customers knew from the stop of production before the dealership was informed.
But all over he kept his positive attitude as he said they would try to sell some of the stock vehicles and take orders for 2025.

What I am wondering is how the production will start over in 2025. all distributors have to start producing for the just in time deliveries again. If one fails - for what reason - the production will stuck and more money is burned.
I am totally positive about the car and a fanboy as most of you, but I get the feeling that some „negative“ posts of @AWo are more realistic than we want to accept…

Back
Top Bottom