The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I present the Auto Start/Stop Temporary fix

Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
So, for everyone who wants Auto Start/Stop to stay off, I have a Jerry Rigged has worked for the last three days solution. I’d love to have longer term data, but 72 hours is what I have so far with no fault codes.

I bent a little sheet metal just thick enough to slid in under the button, than depressed the button, the Auto Start/Stop button now stays in the depressed position due to the friction of the little metal shim.

It is L shaped, so it can’t slip inside the button cavity.

I make no claim this is “good” or “not good” only that after 3 days it’s still in the “off” position.
Has anyone tried jumping the terminals on the back of the switch?

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
The whole panel is an integrated unit with a single connector.its a ‘line replaceable item’ in aero speak, you can’t access the back of the switch

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I present my auto stop/start fix

Attachments

• 17296195297473636036754955367628.jpg
    17296195297473636036754955367628.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Dokatd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
It looks like there are screws holding the back cover on. I would think that you could jump the connectors for the switch where they attach to the PCB.
You absolutely can, you can solder a jumper on the circuit board. But that would kill any potential warranty and make the change effectively permanent. Placing the small clip in the button face functionally is just as effective and allows you to revert back in case you have a service related to the panel in the future. I will try to snap a pic of mine and post it, you really would have a hard time noticing it and it works 100% of the time.

But sure, once warranty expires I would be more likely to remove the panel and make the change permanent. In fact you could even cut the trace on the board and jump it there. Then add some wires to the switch side and utilize the switch for something completely different.

Local time
1:50 PM
Reaction score
See that thing. How that is constructed is why I'm not using any products that utilize the faux screws as mounting points. I think many people look at that and assume there is some sort of backing plate with individual switches. It's all just a modern dashboard like any other dashboard, built for show.

The nice thing is, they could condense that a bit and incorporate some cubbies and charging points and it would be reverse compatible.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
See that thing. How that is constructed is why I'm not using any products that utilize the faux screws as mounting points. I think many people look at that and assume there is some sort of backing plate with individual switches. It's all just a modern dashboard like any other dashboard, built for show.

The nice thing is, they could condense that a bit and incorporate some cubbies and charging points and it would be reverse compatible.
Exactly why I chose the owl mount.

Attachments

• IMG_4786.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom