The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Howzit

Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 10.16.21.jpeg

Now for the 6 month wait!

Drove both the petrol and diesel when in Cape Town a little while ago.
Vacillated and agonized between the two but finally pulled the trigger on the petrol due to the short distances typically driven during the week and the DPF and AdBlue malarkey.
Currently have a FJ Cruiser and do an annual 3-4 week trip to Namibia or Botswana so looking forward to kitting this out for overland travel.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7869822

Now for the 6 month wait!

Drove both the petrol and diesel when in Cape Town a little while ago.
Vacillated and agonized between the two but finally pulled the trigger on the petrol due to the short distances typically driven during the week and the DPF and AdBlue malarkey.
Currently have a FJ Cruiser and do an annual 3-4 week trip to Namibia or Botswana so looking forward to kitting this out for overland travel.
Welcome to the forum. 😍
Do you have a DPF and Adblu on African spec Grenadiers? I thought you had euro 4 spec down there.

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Welcome, Mike - ZA would be such an awesome place for a Grenadier! I picked mine up last Saturday and it was worth the wait. Take care!
- Mark in Colorado

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. 😍
Do you have a DPF and Adblu on African spec Grenadiers? I thought you had euro 4 spec down there.
ROW Grenadiers are euro 4 but apparently we do have the DPF and AdBlue. The Aussie vehicles all use AdBlue as well. I did like the torque of the diesel and the stronger gearbox but I don’t tow a van and the petrol was just that much smoother. Following your travels through Africa and Scott Brady’s trip was also a contributing factor to go with petrol.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
ROW Grenadiers are euro 4 but apparently we do have the DPF and AdBlue. The Aussie vehicles all use AdBlue as well. I did like the torque of the diesel and the stronger gearbox but I don’t tow a van and the petrol was just that much smoother. Following your travels through Africa and Scott Brady’s trip was also a contributing factor to go with petrol.
Petrol is far less complicated, more thirsty but I love it. 😍

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Petrol is far less complicated, more thirsty but I love it. 😍
I've been driving the petrol engine for 2 weeks now. For me, the roaring noise in the interior is annoying. I find the frequency, the humming, unpleasant. But I'm sure that varies from person to person. Since I've been driving an iX, I'm no longer used to engine noise. :ROFLMAO:

Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom