The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General how to prepare the Grenadier for very poor Diesel fuel quality?

Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
I need some advice in order to prepare my EU spec Diesel Grenadier MY23 for a long overland journey through some countries were somewhat bad Diesel fuel quality is available only.
What I know so far, in some countries (Kenya, NAM, SA) the Diesel is already equipped with an additional Diesel water separator filter from the factory, also without AdBlue and I guess some other parts are different to an EU specced Diesel. I also expect that the engine control software is different as well for those countries. The additional Diesel water separator filter can now be ordered as an option from MY24 on, but I assume we can retrofit this part at an INEOS workshop.

Maybe someone have deeper knowledge what we can do/change so that the Diesel engine can work with those bad quality fuels.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Having the fuel/water separator is the most useful step. Your main enemies are water, particulates (often rust) and algae contamination (including algae do do).

ADDITIVES
Another thing I do is use Fuel Doctors in remote areas, but I do not know if you can source it. It is added to every tank when I am remote (in Australia, where you can get dodgy fuel).

Sometimes I will use Smith Lubricants Diesel Power Up instead, neither is cheap, but it is cheap insurance. I do not use both at once, unless the fuel is being stored in my aux tanks before going into the car.

MR FUNNEL
Mr Funnel can filter out water and debris from fuel, look here. It is the cheapest option over the longer term.

All AU Spec diesels have the water/fuel separator as standard, even the 23 year model.

View: https://youtu.be/ik0VNBHcnMw

Last edited:
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
Having the fuel/water separator is the most useful step. Your main enemies are water, particulates (often rust) and algae contamination.

ADDITIVES
Another thing I do is use Fuel Doctors in remote areas, but I do not know if you can source it. It is added to every tank when I am remote (in Australia, where you can get dodgy fuel).

Sometimes I will use Smith Lubricants Diesel Power Up instead, neither is cheap, but it is cheap insurance. I do not use both at once, unless the fuel is being stored in my aux tanks before going into the car.

MR FUNNEL
Mr Funnel can filter out water and debris from fuel, look here. It is the cheapest option over the longer term.

All AU Spec diesels have the water/fuel separator as standard, even the 23 year model.

View: https://youtu.be/ik0VNBHcnMw
Thanks, Mr. Funnel filter is already on my list. This part is great to clean any fuel from water and debris before you fill it into your Jerry Can or tank!

Back
Top Bottom