The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How to disable the popping-up of the Service Interval Warning?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
They probably could. I think the obvious reason why they adopted this approach is they would have signed a contract with the Bosch network for x amount of years before it can be released. It’s still new and requires support from Bosch to do the programming and more importantly it’s a business.

My guess in year 5 when warranty drops off, they will eventually release it after Ineos have ironed out all the bugs in the software.

I was also told that if anyone alters the settings ie trying to chip the ECU, it will light up like a Christmas tree and the dealer would know on their diagnostic computer and possibly void warranty.
I think that unless the diagnostic equipment and service manuals are available to owners and independent garages within the next two or three years, then this will negatively affect resale values . When the Grenadier hits the second hand market in greater volume then the people buying them will be less inclined to go to main dealers for servicing and repairs. This ultimately will affect the sale of new vehicles in my opinion 🤔

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
I think that unless the diagnostic equipment and service manuals are available to owners and independent garages within the next two or three years, then this will negatively affect resale values . When the Grenadier hits the second hand market in greater volume then the people buying them will be less inclined to go to main dealers for servicing and repairs. This ultimately will affect the sale of new vehicles in my opinion 🤔
Hell, I have a brand new one and don't want to go to the dealer for service. Why pay dealer prices for simple jobs like oil changes, differential drain and fill, etc. The simplicity of the car is the alure. But Ineos forgot that somewhere along the way.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I found an easier way to do it, detailed explanation later, but for disabling any warning message:
Push the selection button, warning gets highlighted, push again immediately and then touch with your finger the other part of the screen (for instance the clock, or the middle of the navigation screen): done

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I found an easier way to do it, detailed explanation later, but for disabling any warning message:
Push the selection button, warning gets highlighted, push again immediately and then touch with your finger the other part of the screen (for instance the clock, or the middle of the navigation screen): done
Tried & can confirm! Works exactly like described in my case (early build, no SW update up to now).
Has to be repeated every time the ignition is switched off however... But a great improvement! Thanks Jean, great work!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Does pressing the OK button eliminate it till next ignition on sequence?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Does pressing the OK button eliminate it till next ignition on sequence?
Does the OK button actually do anything? I haven't noticed that it does.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am travelling in Romania and Moldavia on my own. A lot of time to think, to talk to myself, do stupid things (had to use my winch already two times), etc.

I was happy but also frustrated about the complexity of “my” procedure in the first post of this thread to get rid of the “Service Interval” warning or any other warning popping up constantly on my screen: too much waiting time to get it done, and too many pushes.

And also, sometimes my “preselection” got highlighted and stuck on the selection (for instance “time driven” and I didn’t find how to “deselect” it. I tried to do it with the selection button on the left steering wheel lever, but to no avail.

Therefore, while driving off road or on very quiet roads I tried several things. And, for the time being, I think I found the quickest method. Anyone who wants to improve it, feel free to tell us how …

Procedure:
  1. When a warning pops up, press the selection button on the left steering wheel lever: the warning gets highlighted.
  2. Press immediately again the button: the preselection jumps back to your previous selection (for instance “current economy”), but your previous selection is highlighted and you can’t select anything else. Not a problem if this is your favorite setting, but not nice to get stuck there, therefore …
  3. Tap with your finger on any part of the other side of the screen (for instance on the clock: no effect whatsoever). Or use the joystick of the car to select anything else. The preselection gets unselected and you are free to do anything else again.
  4. Repeat this for any other warning. Seems to work for any warning, like screen washer liquid low, ESC off, etc.
I will append this post with two videos if I have still the courage today, or else another day …
I am staying in a hotel after one night camping in the wilderness, and the previous in a closed camping, but the owners let me in, and I had a nice night with conversations in English and watching the football game Germany-Scotland.

Next video is a long explanation, don't forget that I disable two warnings:

Shorter explanation, again disabling two warnings:

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some update:

I am more and more convinced that the "procedure" that I discovered is indeed "designed on purpose". Why?
I could not reset a red warning!

I was already driving some days with the orange warning "engine oil level low"

And I waited, till two days ago, suddenly I had the red warning on the small screen (red oil can) and the warning (I don't remember the wordings): "Engine oil level low, stop the car immediately" on the big screen (I forgot to take a picture).

I was going down in the mountains and had to drive still some kilometers to find a flat space. But in the meantime, I tried to eliminate the warning message on the big screen, with my procedure: to no avail. And that is surely OK, this is a critical warning.

I stopped the car on a flat place, and did the oil check procedure that told me to add one liter! I had a container of 1 liter motor oil in my car, because I expected this to happen. After topping it up, message gone!

I have something more to say about this, but not related to this thread, I will see if I can find a suitable thread.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another way to remove the Service interval Warning is to wait 7-8 minutes of operating time (check on the upper right part of the display), wait for the warning pop up, then press the button on the left lever twice. That's all.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am travelling in Romania and Moldavia on my own. A lot of time to think, to talk to myself, do stupid things (had to use my winch already two times), etc.

I was happy but also frustrated about the complexity of “my” procedure in the first post of this thread to get rid of the “Service Interval” warning or any other warning popping up constantly on my screen: too much waiting time to get it done, and too many pushes.

And also, sometimes my “preselection” got highlighted and stuck on the selection (for instance “time driven” and I didn’t find how to “deselect” it. I tried to do it with the selection button on the left steering wheel lever, but to no avail.

Therefore, while driving off road or on very quiet roads I tried several things. And, for the time being, I think I found the quickest method. Anyone who wants to improve it, feel free to tell us how …

Procedure:
  1. When a warning pops up, press the selection button on the left steering wheel lever: the warning gets highlighted.
  2. Press immediately again the button: the preselection jumps back to your previous selection (for instance “current economy”), but your previous selection is highlighted and you can’t select anything else. Not a problem if this is your favorite setting, but not nice to get stuck there, therefore …
  3. Tap with your finger on any part of the other side of the screen (for instance on the clock: no effect whatsoever). Or use the joystick of the car to select anything else. The preselection gets unselected and you are free to do anything else again.
  4. Repeat this for any other warning. Seems to work for any warning, like screen washer liquid low, ESC off, etc.
I will append this post with two videos if I have still the courage today, or else another day …
I am staying in a hotel after one night camping in the wilderness, and the previous in a closed camping, but the owners let me in, and I had a nice night with conversations in English and watching the football game Germany-Scotland.

Next video is a long explanation, don't forget that I disable two warnings:

Shorter explanation, again disabling two warnings:
It works, perfectly...

Back
Top Bottom