The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How fast have you gone?

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I was driving in Michigan last week and saw an opening to speed up as the roads were really nice.
No, I didn't overtake on the double yellow lines and it was my wife taking the picture.
453517061_1017710176336929_5906846229533330265_n.jpg

So I tried to speed up to what I deemed brave/safe enough for me.
454157946_1002226661596060_2400561551570306645_n.jpeg

For my driving, I found the range between 85-90mph was good enough as long as the roads are decent.
There was one town where the roads were uneven and I had to firmly hold the steering wheel, at a slower speed.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Upper 90s.... on a race track, in uhh.... Mexico...

Totally stable and comfortable. I agree, the 85-90 cruise is a very comfortable spot for the vehicle

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I had to hurry home two months ago and went constantly between 140 and 160 km/h GPS speed (160 /km/h or 100 mph is the electronically engaged maximum)
It’s easy to drive at a good road at that speed. But you don’t want to steer quickly right/left/right (or vice versa) as the car will start rolling!
After this fast 100 km the screen told me to refill oil!
When I tested the (cooler) oil level 20 minutes later it seemed to be ok. I really missed a dip stick as the electronic seems to give different answers related to the oil temperature.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
Went to the max on the German Autobahn on my way to Poland. 160km/h or 99,4miles, Factory set speed limit kept me there. And I wasn’t speeding because I was taking over many times by the typical German cars. :cool:
If we were caught at those speeds here, (except for the Northern Territory) we'd be automatically disqualified from driving for up to 12m, fined anywhere between A1000 and $2700 plus 6 demerit points.... 🙄

Murray

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
On a completely private Scottish road, downhill…97mph

Absolutely no issue, that was with the rhino rack and a bike on the roof.

I am finding it super stable at higher cruising speeds once I adjusted from a VW toureg

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Your local gas station would love the fuel economy you are getting at 100mph!
Yeah, it’s about 20 litres per 100 km (11,8 US mpg) at that speed. And nothing will reduce this but a good tailwind or a free fall…

TopperKenobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
Had to run back to the hospital for an emergency c - section a couple of months back. Even with the pedal to the metal it would not go past 103 mph. I guess the ECU is programmed to do so. A couple of times I had to rush back in my TDV6 Rangie and that one did go up to 130 mph.
I know the Grenny is not designed for that and I’m fine with it. It’s a solid non aerodynamic brick.
Usually I cruise between 85-95 in the interstate with it on the long treks. But the overtaking requires a lot of timing.
Also gas is way cheaper in ‘merica!

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have an early model without the speed limit clicking but instead I have one installed on passenger seat and with the speedo in the centre for all to see all I get is 'do you know your speeding', ringing in my ear therefore, my top speed is 'not very fast'. Plus, we do live in the land of speed cameras.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I just want to make things plain that this community does not condone the breaking of any laws and driving dangerously. Speed limits posted should be adhered to and conditions should be respected with regards to individual situations.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
I have an early model without the speed limit clicking but instead I have one installed on passenger seat and with the speedo in the centre for all to see all I get is 'do you know your speeding', ringing in my ear therefore, my top speed is 'not very fast'. Plus, we do live in the land of speed cameras.
The 'democratisation' of the speedometer !:ROFLMAO:

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do find that I drive slower than I did in my Freelander 2, I tend to drive around 60-65mph on our motorways (when they are moving or haven't been converted to a 'Smart Motorway'). The Freelander wanted to go faster as you were unaware of the speed whereas in the Grenadier it likes to 'take it easy', which is the way I like to drive, so it suits me perfectly. It's not a vehicle where I would think about trying the top speed, now some of our other vehicles, yes, I would like to try on a track, but as the wife owns the fastest, it's never going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom