The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High beam connection for lightbar

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
I ran the trigger from the front spots to the relay for the 25A roof socket.
Now the lightbar operates in synch with the spots (eg spot light buttons and highbeam)
Do you need to run in Off Road mode to get your light bar to operate along with the front auxillary lights using the high beam/turn indicator switch on the steering column? I would like to use the high beam/turn indicator switch as a "defeat" so that in town I can use the high beams as intended from the factory. Then, when I switch the light bar switch on (EXT 5), the high beam lever operates the light bar as well. I will be mounting a 40" Baja Designs ONX6 light bar above my winch.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Il suffit d'alimenter les feux à LED complémentaires (Barres ou feux) par la sortie EXT5 sur un relais. La commande du relais provient d'un fil Jaune / vert qui se trouve dans le faisceau qui alimente les feux de route ronds sur la calandre.
Pour que la barre de LED soit alimentée lorsque l'on passe en feux de route, il faut que les interrupteurs "EXT 5" et "Feux de route additionnels" soient en position ON au tableau électrique supérieur.
Quand on passe en feux de route, tout s'allume.

1710403100267.png

1710402995147.png

Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Il suffit d'alimenter les feux à LED complémentaires (Barres ou feux) par la sortie EXT5 sur un relais. La commande du relais provient d'un fil Jaune / vert qui se trouve dans le faisceau qui alimente les feux de route ronds sur la calandre.
Pour que la barre de LED soit alimentée lorsque l'on passe en feux de route, il faut que les interrupteurs "EXT 5" et "Feux de route additionnels" soient en position ON au tableau électrique supérieur.
Quand on passe en feux de route, tout s'allume.

View attachment 7848097

View attachment 7848096
Grand treuil :

Merci! Super utile ! Pouvez-vous me dire où chercher le fil jaune avec le fil vert ?

Largo Winch:
Thanks you! Super helpful! Can you tell me were to look for the yellow with green wire?

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonsoir.
Le fil Jaune / Vert d'alimentation des feux de route ronds sur la calandre, se trouve dans le gros toron qui passe à proximité du bol de lave glace. Il faut ouvrir le toron avec précaution et repérer le fil puis faire un branchement sur ce fil pour alimenter la commande du relais (Broche 86).

Bonne soirée

1712252779712.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Also isn't there a 25 amp under the bonnet? You can put a switch and place on dash like someone else did for fog lights.
It would still need to be switched with high beam to be legal in Australia unless driving an amber fog light.
Although there are pretty tight restrictions for fog lights as to mounting height, light output, beam angles etc.
I will be adding a relay from the existing headlights, rather than the useless driving lights as they are also switched in the roof panel so I don't want to double switch them.
I plan to use the roof outlets for work lights.
An 80 Watt for the single switched and 3 x 25 Watt for the other 3 outlets.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you need to run in Off Road mode to get your light bar to operate along with the front auxillary lights using the high beam/turn indicator switch on the steering column? I would like to use the high beam/turn indicator switch as a "defeat" so that in town I can use the high beams as intended from the factory. Then, when I switch the light bar switch on (EXT 5), the high beam lever operates the light bar as well. I will be mounting a 40" Baja Designs ONX6 light bar above my winch.
We don't need to be in off road mode to run them in Australia I think that is only in certain countries such as the US
They would be pretty useless in Australia if you had to be in off road mode.
Driving in the country on highways here you need as much light as you can get.

Local time
Reaction score
Bonsoir.
Le fil Jaune / Vert d'alimentation des feux de route ronds sur la calandre, se trouve dans le gros toron qui passe à proximité du bol de lave glace. Il faut ouvrir le toron avec précaution et repérer le fil puis faire un branchement sur ce fil pour alimenter la commande du relais (Broche 86).

Bonne soirée

View attachment 7851292
Thank you!

Local time
Reaction score
Having difficulty finding the Yellow with green stripe high beam wire in my left hand drive (in the USA) Grenadier. Help anyone?

Nishan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now the lightbar operates in synch with the spots (eg spot light buttons and highbeam)
I am planning to add front four 4" lights in to the front bumper bar. Can you share more information on how did you sync with the spots.
Thanks

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My LED combination Flood/Driving Light on the front bumper (for off-road use only) is connected to the OEM under-hood wiring controlled by the EXT5 Switch: ON or OFF.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am planning to add front four 4" lights in to the front bumper bar. Can you share more information on how did you sync with the spots.
Thanks
My lightbar is synced to the spots, the auto electrician used a relay, so when the spots come on the lightbar will also (assuming the EXT1 is switched on, as the 10 amp circuit powers the lightbar). Sorry I never saw the precise wiring.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by Ineos that for the Australian market that it was switched with high beam as standard.
not so. We get the same treatment as everywhere else in the world. The roof point right front for light bar is only to be used off road and is not switched by high beam. Be careful what you consider off road. All the beaches and inland tracks in Fraser, Moreton and Stradbroke island are designated roads.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
not so. We get the same treatment as everywhere else in the world. The roof point right front for light bar is only to be used off road and is not switched by high beam. Be careful what you consider off road. All the beaches and inland tracks in Fraser, Moreton and Stradbroke island are designated roads.
Yes.
My comment was in October 2023 and originally Justin Hocevar said that the top right outlet would be switched with high beam.
Later he said they decided against it as not everyone would use it for a light bar.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
I would imagine that you could wire this in in the fuse box / relay area so that no extra wires would need to be taken to the roof. Thats what I'm planning to do. I just need to check where the relays are, hopefully the main beam one is also under the rear seat.

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score

Brauti06

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, i want to do the same as you. Where is the easiest way to connect to the trigger?

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2660.jpeg