The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

High beam connection for lightbar

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Anyone wiring up a light bar to the bull bar or roof rack where are you getting a high beam trigger from?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
Anyone wiring up a light bar to the bull bar or roof rack where are you getting a high beam trigger from?
FWIW:
For the bull bar... you could take a relay feed using a splice on one of the "driving light" leads ...when you select driving lights and high beam, the light bar comes on as well.
The existing Ext # switch provision for the roof rack light bar seems that it's specifically intended as an "Off Road" asset thereby not legally requiring high beam....

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Also isn't there a 25 amp under the bonnet? You can put a switch and place on dash like someone else did for fog lights.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and the stock lightbar is activated via the "Ext 2" switch. Independent system i.e nothing else needs to be on lights wise for it to work.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most spots will be supplied with a relay, you could take the main power to the relay from the ext2 feed and then run the signal wire to one of the High beam wires. That would be the normal way to do it.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
I think the answer is that no, no one is yet doing it. I would imagine, however, that the high (main) beam is activated via 12v (instead of via a data signal) at the headlamp itself; a few moments with a multimeter should be able to provide you with which pin (wire) is that signal to tap off of

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the answer is that no, no one is yet doing it. I would imagine, however, that the high (main) beam is activated via 12v (instead of via a data signal) at the headlamp itself; a few moments with a multimeter should be able to provide you with which pin (wire) is that signal to tap off of
Just sped read through the Sprinter Forum, fascinating especially the vast electric modifications.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by Ineos that for the Australian market that it was switched with high beam as standard.
I was initially told that as well, but I don’t think that was correct

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by Ineos that for the Australian market that it was switched with high beam as standard.
The standard driving lights are switched with the high beam if you activate the switch on the overhead console.

Not sure about a lightbar as this was not on my options list but I will be installing one soon. I have been told that as standard it's activated by a switch on the overhead console.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I was under the impression that this is a legal requirement in Australia.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I believe so, however I have been told by the most reliable source that Ineos dealers are just wiring up the roof light bar to the switch with no connection to the high beam. Not an option I would be happy with.
No, I have optioned the light bar and will not be happy with this configuration. I could always change it after delivery but why should I. They should know what the laws are!

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was under the impression that this is a legal requirement in Australia.
It is a legal requirement if you intend to use it onroad. I have also heard stories of cops giving people two choices by the side of the road, physically cut the cable to a roof mounted lightbar not wired to high beam switch, or get a defect notice and fine.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No, I have optioned the light bar and will not be happy with this configuration. I could always change it after delivery but why should I. They should know what the laws are!
They will just say it is for offroad use only.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Most spots will be supplied with a relay, you could take the main power to the relay from the ext2 feed and then run the signal wire to one of the High beam wires. That would be the normal way to do it.
Good afternoon Tom, which pre-wired outlet is Ext 2 connected to?

- Drivers side
- Passenger side

Many thanks,

Back
Top Bottom