The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Heater output

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
My dealer got back to me and indicated Ineos indicated heat was only intended to exit from the floor vents and windshield vents. The face vents not meant to have hot air.
That can’t be right, dealer must be telling porkies. If I switch to face only and turn up the temperature, I get hot air to face. However, if I switch to face and feet then I get warm air to face and cold air to feet (this should be incorrect and needs fixing).

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
There has to be some wrecked Grenadiers around right? A tear down analysis of the dashboard and assess whether it's physical impediments or poor control software....

Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Try turning it on face and feet. Ours is lukewarm when just on face but if you go face/feet it gets nice and hot, just a quirk. Dealer said it was designed that way 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ha yep.. they told me the same.. so you have been able to get through the CO winter with this workaround? My IG doesn’t have heated seats. I figured the heat would work since it’s ICE. wtf ineos, get your sht together

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with Skydance on this. I can be nice and warm allover, except for freezing feet. I have owned the vehicle since May 23, I haven't got round to working out what exactly is happening, mainly due to two summers and one winter.
On the plus side, it does not put me off the vehicle one iota.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have found auto works fine as long as it’s at least 12C outside as the system is pushing the air through all the vents and the footwell seems to have the most resistance.
Any colder and I go manual, crank the temperature dial up and leave it on speed 1 or 2. The air flow follows the dial position faithfully but it can take it 5 or 6 seconds to finish moving its flaps about.
It also takes quite a while to warm up due to the cooling capacity.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
I noticed that I had cold feet during a winter trip this year and did some investigation when I got back.

Top vents:
20240826_105547.jpg

Footwell vent:
20240826_105600.jpg

First thing to check was the HT fluid reservoir and this needed a top up. Not sure this will solve the heat differential issue but for those with poor heater performance this is the first check.

I also went through the bleed procedure mentioned on this forum and the heater works much better. I have not yet checked the temperature differential but will hopefully have the opportunity to do this soon (Spring and warmer temperatures are not helping my cause).

Back
Top Bottom