The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs Land Cruiser 250 Parking Lot Pageant

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
The Grenadier vs the new Land Cruiser 250. Is it even close?
IMG_0539.jpeg
IMG_0540.jpeg

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Need a version with round headlights to enter the pageant:)

Otherwise, I like both and wish to own a Land Cruiser someday

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Need a version with round headlights to enter the pageant:)

Otherwise, I like both and wish to own a Land Cruiser someday
Yes, the 1958 LC is far better looking!

The local dealer is asking for a $5K “market adjustment” for a 1958. That pushes the Land Cruiser in to Grenadier pricing. When you put them side by side, I’m just not seeing them as equitable. The Grenadier is built like a tank. The half-ton weight difference is apparent in every component.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi bikesandguitars, where did you buy the checker plates for the front

I purchased them from a vendor on eBay along with the fender treads. I secured them with the supplied adhesive strips and reinforced them with black coated, stainless steel, self tapping metal screws. They’ve held up well.

Reactions: IGL

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
The Grenadier vs the new Land Cruiser 250. Is it even close?
View attachment 7873076View attachment 7873077
To me there is no contest at all. I much prefer the tall boxy look!! Nothing wrong with LC though, but we all have our own opinions/likes/dislikes. True story, pulled up to a brand new LC at a red light yesterday afternoon. Both of us still had our temp license plates on, but only one of us took out their phone to take pictures of the other one. Fyi, wasn’t me. 😉😎

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love the legacy Land Cruiser. I had an 80 series for seven years and a 100 series for 23 years! They were both amazing, capable, comfortable, rugged, etc., I was a Land Cruiser fanboy, for sure. I’m not sure I can put the new 250 series with its 8.7 inches of ground clearance on the same pedestal. As far as Toyota’s lineup goes, the Tacoma TRD Pro with 11.5 inches of ground clearance is the new Land Cruiser. Even the TRD Pro 4Runner with 9.6 inches is more Land Cruiser .

(I’ll save you the internet search: The Grenadier has 10.4 inches ground clearance in stock configuration. That’s a big deal!)

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
It's a shame that they call that a Landcruiser. I get that it's a 250 series Prado, but talk about watering down a name.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
LC looks like a bad FJ retake. And still runs the same 2.8L diesel ridden with issues, contrary to claims of reliability.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
LC looks like a bad FJ retake. And still runs the same 2.8L diesel ridden with issues, contrary to claims of reliability.
In the US, the new LC is running the 4 hybrid, I think the same as the Tacoma. Toyota is now full in on hybrid - which also totally jacks up the load bay in back for the LC and the 4Runner, and the 3rd row seating on the Sequoia (the battery sits above the rear axle so the deck has to be higher to accommodate). On this trajectory, solid rear axle is doomed. Major bummer.

Back
Top Bottom