The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
Obviously, no lane departure ADAS on that one! 🤣
What's funny is that is the least intrusive feature. The dashed line one one side of the speed limit sign goes from green to orange. Nothing beeps, vibrates, or pulls you back into the lane. Makes no sense. It might as well not exist, as it does nothing to alert the driver.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What's funny is that is the least intrusive feature. The dashed line one one side of the speed limit sign goes from green to orange. Nothing beeps, vibrates, or pulls you back into the lane. Makes no sense. It might as well not exist, as it does nothing to alert the driver.
Hopefully in the reworked software they can swap the sounds - I have no issues with a PASSIVE lane departure warning. I absolutely HATE when the vehicle decides to correct itself (thankfully that can be disabled in our other car).

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get a soft tone when I cross a painted line. Doesn’t bother me in the least, in fact I enjoy trying to carve turn without triggering it ;)

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get a soft tone when I cross a painted line. Doesn’t bother me in the least, in fact I enjoy trying to make turn without triggering it ;)
Hmmm maybe my sound is turned all the way down or off.

Local time
Reaction score
Another reverse spotting this morning. I was third in line to check in at the gatehouse to an offroading park, behind two Broncos. The guy in the lead Bronco radioed his buddy in front of me saying, " Hey, look behind you. There's that fake Defender that just pulled up." :ROFLMAO:
Little did he know that I had a radio on me, too, and his chatter spilled over into my channel. I have zero quick-wittedness so I didn't reply. I just laughed.
How'd it go out there? Let me know if you go again, maybe I can make it. No Gren yet though.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
How'd it go out there? Let me know if you go again, maybe I can make it. No Gren yet though.
Fun day! Two Broncos were ahead of me at the gate checking in. The lead guy radioed to the vehicle un front of me saying, "There's a fake Defender that just pulled up behind you." He had no idea I could hear him in my radio. I just laughed and didn't say anything.

Started off a little bit guarded since vehicle is still new. Ended up hitting some of the more challenging trails. My two friends who were in a GX460 decided to ride with me. They were impressed by the complete lack of tire slippage on the climbs. Just 1.5 hours and we were ready for lunch. Enough adrenaline to feed the fix. Hope you can join the next time.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today at about 12:30h on the A5 north of Karlsruhe an inky black oder donny grey and a mounted silver ski box on the roof heading north...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I was travelling through from Northern Germany to Southern Germany. Near Obernburg, in Northern Bavaria, I discovered this Grenadier.

Attachments

• Grenadier2.jpg
    Grenadier2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Grenadier1.jpg
    Grenadier1.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 92

Tonyh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Spotted at Safeway in Frisco Co.
I struggle at times with mine in UK car parks - no issues here!

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
In Saalbach and just seen my first Grenadier in the wild.

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpeg
    IMG_0356.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0355.jpeg
    IMG_0355.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
no. flew into Salzburg
Too bad, I had thought about whether we could have met on your journey home. It would have been worth driving a few kilometres.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Too bad, I had thought about whether we could have met on your journey home. It would have been worth driving a few kilometres.
Would've liked that. Maybe next Jan will drive over.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to put this, but we’re visiting my in-laws this weekend (who live in Maryland, in a close suburb of Washington DC) and I decided to go shopping for a new vehicle to replace their 20 year old Toyota Highlander. It’s served my father in-law very well over the years, but both of their current vehicles are not roadworthy, nor safe in my opinion (either rusting through or lots of ominous sounds coming from the brakes/bushes/bearings/etc., but the straw that broke the camels back (so to speak) was the fact that my father in-law backed into my grenadier sitting in their driveway (thankfully, there was no damage, as it was Toyota plastic bumper vs. grenadier steel bumper). Anyhow, I feel they desperately need a new car with all of the modern safety features (such as a rear view camera and proximity sensors) - not as much for their safety, but for the safety of others.

So, I went to their local Toyota dealer (driving my grenadier), and parked right at the front/main entrance of the building. Upon arriving it seemed like everyone in the dealership (sales people and customers) migrated outside and crowded around the grenadier looking both intrigued and bewildered by what it was (maybe a Land Rover, maybe a Mercedes, what is Ineos?). Others were taking pictures of it. And, the best was that one of the salespeople said to me “this is the one they’re making in India, right?” To which I responded, no - Hambach, France and tried to provide a quick background of what Ineos is and where it’s built. And, lots of questions ensued: “how much did this thing cost?” “Are you trading this in on something here?” “Are you interested in selling this?”

Anyhow, I wanted to share this adventure with everyone here, as I found myself chuckling from the attention it received and the image it may have created sitting outside of a Toyota dealer.

As an aside, still haven’t found my in-laws a new car. I test drove a brand new 4Runner and a new highlander to their house to show them, but they weren’t impressed with either of them. Inadvertently, by this experience driving the 4Runner, I validated my feeling that the Grenadier is priced fairly, as I was not impressed by the 4Runner whatsoever (boring to drive, didn’t feel as powerful as the grenny, very outdated interior and technology, etc…) - and the MSRP on the sticker was only $15k less than a base Grenadier.

SBA

Local time
Reaction score
Today Sunday 28th spotted 2 Ineos one silver one on the A46 from Newark to Leicester and another one Black one near my UK home near Crick on the A428 (Thanks for the wave Black one) was in my Blue one

Local time
Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to put this, but we’re visiting my in-laws this weekend (who live in Maryland, in a close suburb of Washington DC) and I decided to go shopping for a new vehicle to replace their 20 year old Toyota Highlander. It’s served my father in-law very well over the years, but both of their current vehicles are not roadworthy, nor safe in my opinion (either rusting through or lots of ominous sounds coming from the brakes/bushes/bearings/etc., but the straw that broke the camels back (so to speak) was the fact that my father in-law backed into my grenadier sitting in their driveway (thankfully, there was no damage, as it was Toyota plastic bumper vs. grenadier steel bumper). Anyhow, I feel they desperately need a new car with all of the modern safety features (such as a rear view camera and proximity sensors) - not as much for their safety, but for the safety of others.

So, I went to their local Toyota dealer (driving my grenadier), and parked right at the front/main entrance of the building. Upon arriving it seemed like everyone in the dealership (sales people and customers) migrated outside and crowded around the grenadier looking both intrigued and bewildered by what it was (maybe a Land Rover, maybe a Mercedes, what is Ineos?). Others were taking pictures of it. And, the best was that one of the salespeople said to me “this is the one they’re making in India, right?” To which I responded, no - Hambach, France and tried to provide a quick background of what Ineos is and where it’s built. And, lots of questions ensued: “how much did this thing cost?” “Are you trading this in on something here?” “Are you interested in selling this?”

Anyhow, I wanted to share this adventure with everyone here, as I found myself chuckling from the attention it received and the image it may have created sitting outside of a Toyota dealer.

As an aside, still haven’t found my in-laws a new car. I test drove a brand new 4Runner and a new highlander to their house to show them, but they weren’t impressed with either of them. Inadvertently, by this experience driving the 4Runner, I validated my feeling that the Grenadier is priced fairly, as I was not impressed by the 4Runner whatsoever (boring to drive, didn’t feel as powerful as the grenny, very outdated interior and technology, etc…) - and the MSRP on the sticker was only $15k less than a base Grenadier.

Sounds like the new Landcruiser would be a better fit than a Grenadier for your in-laws; it can be ordered now, and will be delivered later in the year. There is also an all-new 4Runner coming in a year or so. Both are going to be excellent SUVs that will do everything their Highlander did, but more safely, with better all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive systems, with better power, more capability, and probably with better fuel economy than an old Highlander. They will come with Toyota's safety suite, good headlights, an option for both heated seats and a heated steering wheel, they will likely be very reliable, and will give your parents access to Toyota's enormous network of dealers for regular service, or should they ever need repairs. With independent front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering, these vehicles will handle better on-road than the Grenadier, and be more similar in terms of on-road manners to their old Highlander.

The Grenadier will not be as precise with its steering, and will require more attention to keep in its lane on the highway. Perhaps not the best option for an aging couple. If they are coming from a Highlander, they are not used to (1) a solid front axle, (2) recirculating ball steering, or (3) king pin knuckles; these three features give the Grenadier advantage on rough off-road tracks, but are disadvantages for on-road driving. In addition, Grenadier dealers are few and far between. Lastly, the Grenadier is a bit of an unknown commodity, and there are quite a few reports of trouble with the HVAC system, and some other annoyances. The Grenadier is not the car I would buy for my 80-year old mother.

If the Toyota SUVs are not to their liking, or they need a new car now, there are many other options I would choose before the Grenadier for an older couple who are not interested in overlanding (my supposition based on their previous vehicle). There are a whole slew of excellent road-biased SUVs produced by Audi, BMW, Ford, Landrover, and the other major brands.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like the new Landcruiser would be a better fit than a Grenadier for your in-laws; it can be ordered now, and will be delivered later in the year. There is also an all-new 4Runner coming in a year or so. Both are going to be excellent SUVs that will do everything their Highlander did, but more safely, with better all-wheel drive and four-wheel drive systems, with better power, more capability, and probably with better fuel economy than an old Highlander. They will come with Toyota's safety suite, good headlights, an option for both heated seats and a heated steering wheel, they will likely be very reliable, and will give your parents access to Toyota's enormous network of dealers for regular service, or should they ever need repairs. With independent front suspension and rack-and-pinion steering, these vehicles will handle better on-road than the Grenadier, and be more similar in terms of on-road manners to their old Highlander.

The Grenadier will not be as precise with its steering, and will require more attention to keep in its lane on the highway. Perhaps not the best option for an aging couple. If they are coming from a Highlander, they are not used to (1) a solid front axle, (2) recirculating ball steering, or (3) king pin knuckles; these three features give the Grenadier advantage on rough off-road tracks, but are disadvantages for on-road driving. In addition, Grenadier dealers are few and far between. Lastly, the Grenadier is a bit of an unknown commodity, and there are quite a few reports of trouble with the HVAC system, and some other annoyances. The Grenadier is not the car I would buy for my 80-year old mother.

If the Toyota SUVs are not to their liking, or they need a new car now, there are many other options I would choose before the Grenadier for an older couple who are not interested in overlanding (my supposition based on their previous vehicle). There are a whole slew of excellent road-biased SUVs produced by Audi, BMW, Ford, Landrover, and the other major brands.
Thanks @stickshifter! Totally agreee with all of your points. They definitely don’t want a Grenadier (not for the cost, nor for the off-road mechanical bias) - they're of the same age as your Mom. However, I do think maybe the Land Cruiser might be a viable option for them. My mother in law prefers a boxy vehicle and my father in law wants a hybrid (he’s a tight wad, and wants to save money any chance he gets - not blaming him for that!). I also think maybe the new defender might be a good option as I believe it is considered a mild hybrid.

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @stickshifter! Totally agreee with all of your points. They definitely don’t want a Grenadier (not for the cost, nor for the off-road mechanical bias) - they're of the same age as your Mom. However, I do think maybe the Land Cruiser might be a viable option for them. My mother in law prefers a boxy vehicle and my father in law wants a hybrid (he’s a tight wad, and wants to save money any chance he gets - not blaming him for that!). I also think maybe the new defender might be a good option as I believe it is considered a mild hybrid.

Yeah - some Defenders are mild hybrid - you have a choice of power trains.

The Landcruiser is a 4-cylinder, turbo, mild hybrid. Toyota does hybrids very well.

Lexus has their own version of the Landcruiser - the Lexus GX - with a turbo V6 (no hybrid). The Lexus will feel more "upscale", but underneath, the vehicles are very similar. Lexus typically has the highest reliability ratings in America. Both vehicles are boxy - so that should make the mother-in-law happy - which is important!

Here is a quick comparison between the Landcruiser and the Lexus GX (both are essentially made by Toyota):

Back
Top Bottom