The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Independent Event GRENADIER OCTOBERFEST MOAB

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
What are the current registration numbers? I don’t think I’ll have my sliders by then, but I’m still tempted.
RE: Armour, such as rock sliders, you might want to talk to Michael Reed at Voyager Outdoors. He told me that our Grenadiers at Moab would be grouped according to vehicle equipment/modifications appropriate to the trails being offered.

Onefin (Owl Vans)

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
RE: Armour, such as rock sliders, you might want to talk to Michael Reed at Voyager Outdoors. He told me that our Grenadiers at Moab would be grouped according to vehicle equipment/modifications appropriate to the trails being offered.
Adrenaline HQ or Owl in Arizona can get you sliders prior to the event ……just sayyin’

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Im pretty serious about it. A hesitation I have is that i have never done an extended trip like this, so am a little concerned with being properly equipped and/or being burdensome to others due to inexperience.

Migs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, Stu. Was more talking about the independent drive to Moab, before the event. Thanks though!

j.ironfab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Who all is serious about meeting up the Sunday before in Montrose area for the Rim Rocker at this point?
I will join for the Rim Rocker part but I am going to skip the rally though. More money then I want to spend and it conflicts with another event I am interested in.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me preface this post by saying I do not represent Mike Reed, Voyager Outdoors nor Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America. I took a class from them last weekend but am neither an employee nor representative and the below is my own commentary and opinion, and does not represent those of the event organizer.

_________

I just completed Bill Burke's 4-Wheeling America's Trail Leader course in Grand Junction, CO and Mike Reed is one of his instructors. We had five Grenadiers: one stock, three with mild lifts and tires and Helga, Warner INEOS Grenadier's race truck. Over the four days, we took some pretty decent obstacles and the general consensus was that the stock Grenadier with no rock sliders had slightly more clearance due to the way the rock sliders bolted to the underside of the Grenadier. Not much, mind you, maybe like an inch. I'll be leading the two easiest trails (Geyser Pass and Shafer Trail) due to my having factory step bars and losing some clearance due to them, despite my lift and larger tires. I did all the obstacles the other Grenadiers in the class did, but we were extremely careful with my line and took it slow. Basically, with the steps (-), lift (+) and 33" tires (+), I have about the same clearance as a stock Grenadier. Hopefully Mike will chime in, but I know he said he wasn't going to have a day off between last week and the Rally, so he might not even log in to the forum to see this. He's a busy man!

Also, if you don't have them, feel free to get What Three Words and On-X Off-Road apps on your phones, as we will be using them during the event. (The Trail Leaders, at least are required to have them because the SAR and EMS systems there use W3W for geolocation and coordination in case of an emergency.)

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an android phone. Osmand (the pay version) displays the map brilliantly in the Grenadier main screen over android auto. I t downloads gpx files beautifully and displays them as tracks. Trails can be mapped and the app snaps the track to the trail.

A bit of learning curve but very nice, I like it much better than onX and the Garmin stuff, largely because of the vehicle integration with Android Auto.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have an android phone. Osmand (the pay version) displays the map brilliantly in the Grenadier main screen over android auto. I t downloads gpx files beautifully and displays them as tracks. Trails can be mapped and the app snaps the track to the trail.

A bit of learning curve but very nice, I like it much better than onX and the Garmin stuff, largely because of the vehicle integration with Android Auto.
OnX works great for me on Android Auto.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, i had nothing but trouble with onX and android auto... maybe something with my setup?

Back
Top Bottom